Call of Duty: Black Ops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True. If it sucked Black Ops wouldn't remain in the top 10 on the sales charts in January.

None of these movies are on my favorites list. The only thing sales figures proves is that a bunch of people went to see a movie to be entertained. Whether or not they like it is another thing.

CoD is the "in" franchise. It's the Saw of video games, theres a new one every year at the same time. Its the same reason so many people went and saw Titanic and Avatar, they felt like everyone was going to see and talking about it and didn't want to be left out. That mentality is rampant in our culture. That far from makes something good.

The SP is enjoyable, the MP is rushed and not polished and it shows every single year. Is it nice that we ususally get an update within a week of the release, sure I guess, but it also tells me that they are using a wide release as a guinea pig, they are standing by the ready, fully aware there will be a ton of glitches and problems because they don't properly take the time to playtest. They sacrifice quality and innovative gameplay for quanity. ANd millions suffer as typically there updates favor one console and harm another' gameplay.

The past 3 CODs, have had issues with graphic card support and its lead to millions at one time or another on either PC or Console, being completely unable to play MP at all for weeks or months at a time.

True. If it sucked Black Ops wouldn't remain in the top 10 on the sales charts in January.

Twilight was in the top 10 list for movies for many weeks. I think it's safe to say that it's a horrible movie. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good. We Americans have awful taste.

Twilight was in the top 10 list for movies for many weeks. I think it's safe to say that it's a horrible movie. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good. We Americans have awful taste.
Read statement below.
Alright, fine. How about more positive reviews than negative.. Many more people like it more than they hate it, it's just that the few who do hate it have big mouths (same as when MW2 came out, and the halo players back when Cod4 came out).

This. If there was nothing wrong with the game people would look for something to _____ about. The fact that Black Ops is still selling well this many months after release leads me to say that the game doesn't suck. Black Ops is definitely more refined than MW2 is. Less glitches despite MW2 being over a year old now is pretty sad.

CoD is the "in" franchise. It's the Saw of video games, theres a new one every year at the same time. Its the same reason so many people went and saw Titanic and Avatar, they felt like everyone was going to see and talking about it and didn't want to be left out. That mentality is rampant in our culture. That far from makes something good.

The SP is enjoyable, the MP is rushed and not polished and it shows every single year. Is it nice that we ususally get an update within a week of the release, sure I guess, but it also tells me that they are using a wide release as a guinea pig, they are standing by the ready, fully aware there will be a ton of glitches and problems because they don't properly take the time to playtest. They sacrifice quality and innovative gameplay for quanity. ANd millions suffer as typically there updates favor one console and harm another' gameplay.

The past 3 CODs, have had issues with graphic card support and its lead to millions at one time or another on either PC or Console, being completely unable to play MP at all for weeks or months at a time.

It is not the saw of video games, nothing is more "in" than elitist gamers (who think they are elitist gamers) hating on the game just because everyone plays it...and just because it has COD in the title. Grow up. It's a good game, they are all good games, and they are fun...deal with it.

That last statement is a downright lie.

It is not the saw of video games, nothing is more "in" than elitist gamers (who think they are elitist gamers) hating on the game just because everyone plays it...and just because it has COD in the title. Grow up. It's a good game, they are all good games, and they are fun...deal with it.

The one thing I find great about Black Ops is that they tried to make it approachable by just about any gamer. Not just FPS players, but anyone that wants to jump on and play...and at the same they gave it the depth that the seasoned players can grasp so that they can get something out of playing as well.

It most certainly is not. WAW, MW2, and BlackOps all did it, most recently with BO, they released the first update, and tons of PS3 players could not connect or play. Then they fixed it for PS3 owners only to do the same thing in that update to PC players. It has to do with support for graphics drivers and DX. Google Black Ops unplayable or Black Ops freezing. For alot of PC players they couldn't connect until the next patch, over a month later.

There was even a website trying to organize a class action lawsuit.

Alright, fine. How about more positive reviews than negative.. Many more people like it more than they hate it, it's just that the few who do hate it have big mouths (same as when MW2 came out, and the halo players back when Cod4 came out).

ROFL :lol look another noobie

Oh btw, I own every single COD ever released for PC since the original COD Demo and have logged 100s of hours in each, including BO, so what does it take exactly in your book to not qualify as a Hater and someone with actual experience who dislikes it?

It most certainly is not. WAW, MW2, and BlackOps all did it, most recently with BO, they released the first update, and tons of PS3 players could not connect or play. Then they fixed it for PS3 owners only to do the same thing in that update to PC players. It has to do with support for graphics drivers and DX. Google Black Ops unplayable or Black Ops freezing. For alot of PC players they couldn't connect until the next patch, over a month later.

There was even a website trying to organize a class action lawsuit.

Seriously? The PC, who games on that? Is it 95 again?

Google Black Ops 360 and see how smooth and trouble less it really is.

Facepalm.jpg

Oh btw, (Random Personal Story)

so what does it take exactly in your book to not qualify as a Hater and someone with actual experience who dislikes it?

The two don't cancel each other out. Same answer to console fanboys that use the same type of "I own all consoles, and have owned every console" excuse. Just because someone has played/owned every CoD game doesn't grant them immunity from being a hater. Nobody forces you to play the game so if you have legitimate reasons for disliking it, don't play it.

The one thing I find great about Black Ops is that they tried to make it approachable by just about any gamer. Not just FPS players, but anyone that wants to jump on and play...and at the same they gave it the depth that the seasoned players can grasp so that they can get something out of playing as well.

I agree, Black Ops is much better than MW2. But I still think it is far from the best FPS out there right now. I'll go to my grave believing that BF2 is a much better game overall than any of the COD games. If you watch people's youtube vids of Black Ops it's mostly people sitting the corner camping. If you watch vids from BF2 it actually looks like a war movie. There are objectives, strategy and more team communication.

I agree, Black Ops is much better than MW2. But I still think it is far from the best FPS out there right now. I'll go to my grave believing that BF2 is a much better game overall than any of the COD games. If you watch people's youtube vids of Black Ops it's mostly people sitting the corner camping. If you watch vids from BF2 it actually looks like a war movie. There are objectives, strategy and more team communication.

If you enjoy the strategic gameplay of Rush then I completely agree with you. For whatever reason, I just never could get into Rush. I've always been a TDM guy and BC2 doesn't offer a gameplay for the mode thats even remotely as good as the COD series.

If you enjoy the strategic gameplay of Rush then I completely agree with you. For whatever reason, I just never could get into Rush. I've always been a TDM guy and BC2 doesn't offer a gameplay for the mode thats even remotely as good as the COD series.

True....our group mainly plays rush and the feeling of a true victory is something I've never felt in a TDM in any COD game. When you and your squad are the last guys standing try to defend an MCOM station is such a rush.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tZZ-lfcUyRg" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Was playing a game of hardcore DOM earlier ....saw someone on 2nd chance, area was clear so I thought might as well revive my team mate right?

So I go over n proceeded to press f to revive, then bang......the guy I was trying to revive shot n killed me.

That's the last time I will ever revive anybody again.....

Although he did say sorry afterwards, that little mistake totally killed my mood. I really wish ppl would stop using 2nd chance on hardcore.

And if you are going to use 2nd chance, look b4 you shoot!!!

Just got the new map pack and so far so good. Got my best ever high game on the stadium level.. I guess because campers/knobs havent discovered the best killing spots yet. We are all on even ground!

Back