Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup there's still a sizable difference between dirty chrome and silver in my book. At the very least there should be some variation here and there, but BW just made the whole thing a solid silver which isn't convincing at all.

If they had actually made it look dirtied and weathered like this, I'd be all for that:

View attachment 466869

Agreed. For anyone who wants to see what weathered chrome should look like, the armor of the HT Captain Phasma is a decent example.

Just in. I have been emailing them, and they actually sent me some more photos of the grille! Couldn't believe that. (I mean this is Blitzway).

Can confirm. It was the lighting. It looks great. I'll upload the photos in a bit.

Just heard back from Blitzway also and they said:

"Its not what it looks like, it looks same as prototype, reason is lighting of photos"

And provided these three photos which look so much better Screenshot_20190925-134619.jpgScreenshot_20190925-134624.jpgScreenshot_20190925-134631.jpg

Those photos do look better. I'm not 100 percent convinced it's the exact same as the proto after watching a video of the proto. I would like to see video of the complete production piece in good lighting conditions. Those bad photos were posted on Blitzway's site so they are not doing themselves any favors if poor photography is indeed to blame. I really do want to like this thing.

the video was shot in ideal lighting, basically a pack shot lighting set up like in tv adverts. of course its going to look better, they are trying to sell you it. I am happy with how it looks here. I think they could benefit from hiring a better marketing team (or me), those photos were certainly not helping them.

It should be properly chromed period. This dull chrome look is cheap and lazy on their part and trying to justify it as being sort of accurate to the film is to completely ignore that the rest of the car is clean looking.

Plus even if it the bumper looks better in those pics, the rest of the visible chrome trim in the same pics looks flat silver, the exact same paint as the window trim which is supposed to be aluminum. This car should not be half assed when it comes to paint app or paint choices at the price people are paying and when everyone that ordered has a $300 or so non refundable deposit they have the right to get a bit picky when it?s not looking as good as the prototype.

https://youtu.be/XeMBNllTVV4

It always looked like that on the window trim and elsewhere. It looks great here. Some people are never happy. I'd be happy with the prototype, All I wanted was a few corrections: the rear fins paint job, the steering wheel, the side chrome trim, and I am happy.

Yeah that does look a lot better. Still not chrome really, which explains why it appeared so different before, but at least closer to the proto and movie and much less cheap looking.

It should be properly chromed period. This dull chrome look is cheap and lazy on their part and trying to justify it as being sort of accurate to the film is to completely ignore that the rest of the car is clean looking.

Plus even if it the bumper looks better in those pics, the rest of the visible chrome trim in the same pics looks flat silver, the exact same paint as the window trim which is supposed to be aluminum. This car should not be half assed when it comes to paint app or paint choices at the price people are paying and when everyone that ordered has a $300 or so non refundable deposit they have the right to get a bit picky when it?s not looking as good as the prototype.

Agree, it's such a cop out to not have the proper reflective chrome on something that cost so much money, I mean even dinky cars have a chrome layer. Around the windows should also be chromed not a flat grey. Does this mean all the lights on top are also the dull grey? If Hot Wheels can do it for $80 why cant they for $1400

Actually looking at the promo pics on Sideshow the dull colour looks the same on the bumpers so anyone that bought it cant really complain, though the lights and detailing it does come across as looking chrome.

Last edited:
This isn?t a case of some people never being happy, it?s a case of them seeming to cheap out at the production level. If people want it dulled to look as it did in the movie its far easier to go from good chrome to that then it is to go the other way. Almost impossible for most people to get a good chrome on those parts actually. Also that number of people who would both recognize and want a dirty as seen in the film look would be a very small subset of the buyers. The average buyer is going to look at it as looking cheap, like the playmobil ecto or something. Prototype level has some forgiveness because it can be too costly to get proper chrome on just a few parts but at production level it?s a sign of them being lazy or cheap or both.

If you are satisfied with it then that?s great, but for my $1400 I expect more in the way of quality (also not mold lines right on a smooth curved part of the bumper, but to me the chrome is a larger sin). If people don?t hold their feet to the fire over the things that are lacking and simply accept that if you look at it in a very limited way it makes sense then why should BW listen about anything let alone the steering wheel or other details that aren?t barely visible compared to the chrome.

They could have had these parts vac metallized for pennies in China in bulk, now anyone wanting something that looks of a higher caliber is going to need to spend probably hundreds in either cost or man hours to try to get a decent chrome finish on all the areas that need it. The deck lights and stuff look equally like cheap silver painted plastic now.

I have the Hot Wheels Ecto. Its not chrome, its painted plastic. And there are diecast cars as you know, this isn?t diecast, it?s plastic, the same as the 1:6 Batmobile and Delorean. It would cost a fortune to make it diecast at 1:6 scale. Are you going to whinge about it being plastic now also?

And I was the one who told them the rear fins paint was inaccurate, and they have changed it. So there is every reason to believe they will listen and make other changes.

The chrome paint job looks as good as on the prototype.

Sorry, but the chrome on the prototype is much better than on the ?production? one. You can see decent reflections on the rear bumper, on the portions of the fin chrome, on the rear deck light, and so on. On the production one all of those barely show any sort of reflection, and are very matte looking. They have the wrong tone too, chrome (even in the prototype) normally has a good amount of warmth and depth to the colour, the paint on the prototype doesn?t have that except maybe a little in the additional front bumper photos. None of the other chrome on it looks good.

You?re very eager to take credit for them changing the paint on the fins, multiple people pointed that flaw out...all you seem to be concerned with is the steering wheel which most people would have to do a good amount of research to even guess at if it was correct. The chrome is as much front and centre as many other essential parts of the car.

I never once complained about materials, I couldn?t care less what it?s made from, I do care that it doesn?t look like a cheap toy when it costs $1400. You are telling us all to accept it but you gotta have that steering wheel and the floor trim (and previously the red paint on the inside of the rear fins)...sorry to me with the overall look of the car those things are minor and rather unnoticeable, compared to a cheap overall look due to half assed chrome.

The prototype is in a glass case with lights shining on it..I?m beginning to see why Blitzway doesn?t like showing progress photos.

If you search YouTube for Blitzway Ecto 1 there are about 3 videos from SDCC 2017 showing a good look at the prototype. The bumper chrome looks like actual chrome in these videos. Same goes for trim on the sides, the lights on top, door handles, side mirrors, etc. So if the production doesn't match this, it's a big downgrade. Need to see more, I'm not totally convinced one way or the other.

God there are some cry babies on here!
The photos look like the photo type and also the one on display at Comic Con.
The chrome controversy is a laugh.
Some of ye totally imagined the car differently than what they are producing. That?s your problem, not BW?s.
If your not happy with the production photos cancel your order. It?s that simple to solve, buy hot wheels or eagle moss if they are so great and meet your expectations.

To the rest of us that are happy with the non professional photos from the factory floor, we are if for a great collectible.
I can?t wait now!
Going to buy a case to fit it and the GB?s in.

I actually like that dull look the more I look at it.

I love the wind down windows on Eaglemoss. Dan seems to like it to

Last edited:
God there are some cry babies on here!
The photos look like the photo type and also the one on display at Comic Con.
The chrome controversy is a laugh.
Some of ye totally imagined the car differently than what they are producing. That?s your problem, not BW?s.
If your not happy with the production photos cancel your order. It?s that simple to solve, buy hot wheels or eagle moss if they are so great and meet your expectations.

To the rest of us that are happy with the non professional photos from the factory floor, we are if for a great collectible.
I can?t wait now!
Going to buy a case to fit it and the GB?s in.

Thank goodness we have you to set us straight. Now that you?ve told me it looks exactly the same can surely see that it does...oh and I guess if I feel like BW changed the look to look cheaper after paying a non-refundable deposit I should just eat the loss and tell BW how awesome they are and to enjoy the money?

Then chrome looks different, it looks cheap, people have a right to voice their concern or complaints with the hopes that maybe BW will listen and improve the production pieces. I suppose though some think we should just ass kiss and thank our lucky stars?

If BW doesn?t want bad feedback they should ensure that the photos do the product justice, or at least address the concerns. Or make it so people can get full refunds if they don?t like the quality...then people could speak with their wallets. Hard to speak with your wallet when you?re on the hook for part of it already based on potentially misleading promotion.

Back