Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is the ****ing chrome? even my 1/18 hotwheels ecto 1a has chrome, all that money and there is no chrome. I have to be honest here guys that grey makes it look like a cheap Hasbro toy. Actually really glad I went with the Eaglemoss now

Last edited:
Where is the ****ing chrome? even my 1/18 hotwheels ecto 1a has chrome, all that money and there is no chrome. I have to be honest here guys that grey makes it look like a cheap Hasbro toy. Actually really glad I went with the Eaglemoss now

I agree the dulling down of the chrome just makes it look like a giant hunk of plastic.

What's the story with the steering wheel?

The car looks great, was ready in my mind for a 2020 release lol but I want it now haha

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

https://www.imagebam.com/image/5f99ca1181183494

https://www.imagebam.com/image/7508a61176886274

The steering wheel on the prototype was like a wheel from a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado with the horn ring. there is no horn ring on the Ecto. also the wheel is not black. it was made black for some reason when they restored it in 2009, but in 1983 it had a grey wheel with brownish-reddish paint that was wearing off, showing the original grey underneath. You can see the brown colour when Winston is driving.

as for the chrome.. It would really help to get a proper look at the thing.. the photos don't give much away. but the car was never a show car, the chrome was not shined up at all.

https://www.imagebam.com/image/5f99ca1181183494

https://www.imagebam.com/image/7508a61176886274

The steering wheel on the prototype was like a wheel from a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado with the horn ring. there is no horn ring on the Ecto. also the wheel is not black. it was made black for some reason when they restored it in 2009, but in 1983 it had a grey wheel with brownish-reddish paint that was wearing off, showing the original grey underneath. You can see the brown colour when Winston is driving.

as for the chrome.. It would really help to get a proper look at the thing.. the photos don't give much away. but the car was never a show car, the chrome was not shined up at all.

Cool, thanks for the info on the wheel. That?s interesting.

Yeah the chrome wasn?t shined up in the movie at all. It was a dull finish on it. I think they got that right. It pretty much looks like the one that was displayed at Comic Con.

Yeah but in the movie it still looked like dirty, weathered chrome. This just looks like plastic that's been painted silver like you see on a thousand other cheap toys.

Not to mention that the rest of the car looks pristine with no weathering whatsoever.

I believe they also technically have the tail lights wrong. They may have copied my 1:18 customized one with lights from YouTube where I put red lights in the pontoon ends as well as in the fins. I?ve since come to hear that those were just reflectors and only the centre white part lit up as reverse lights.

Yeah let's not say the silver is movie accurate, because it's not. This is not attention to detail from Blitzway. Simply put it's a production piece downgrade common in toys but on something this high end expensive this should not be occurring. It cheapens the look quite a bit from what I can tell from the photos.

I was in the same boat. I originally wanted this ecto 1 to go with my figures but the size was putting me off as I don't know where I would display it. I found out about the eagle moss version and may go with that one but will probably wait for in hand pictures of the blitzway ecto 1 first. I could also just decide to pass on both.

I think you are judging it too harshly from a stupid close up photo. the back of the car nails that dull chrome look the car had in the film.

on the front, its a non professional shot on a camera phone most likely. It will probably look better in person or with a better photo, not so close. look at the right hand side, there is a bit of shine. it looks ok to me.

I think you are judging it too harshly from a stupid close up photo. the back of the car nails that dull chrome look the car had in the film.

on the front, its a non professional shot on a camera phone most likely. It will probably look better in person or with a better photo, not so close. look at the right hand side, there is a bit of shine. it looks ok to me.

Here you go. Enough said.
3f97d8c6a3437c9c5855413b2d3aeda9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I guess I would also add that the dull finish you are referring to in the film is dirt/filth/grime covering the chrome in addition to the film being shot in a dark setting. Do you see any other weathering on the Blitzway? Because the whole car was rather dirty in general.

That car you showed is a replica, with shined up chrome. Compare the model to the car from the film, not that.

Just realised something.. You can?t tell from the pictures if they have corrected the side of the car, there is supposed to be a piece of chrome trim under the side doors. It wasn't on the prototype, I told them about it.

These photos are disappointing, I suppose we could ask for some more.. also note the dull chrome on the 'wreckto 1' here. Its not to far removed from how it was in the first film.

Flat silver, or basically aluminum looking, does not even remotely have the same look as dull or dirty chrome. Even if that?s what they were going for it is a failed attempt plus why make the whole car pristine looking only to go for a ?aged? look on the chrome?

They look to have skimped out on it to go for a cheap paint application.

I guess I would also add that the dull finish you are referring to in the film is dirt/filth/grime covering the chrome in addition to the film being shot in a dark setting. Do you see any other weathering on the Blitzway? Because the whole car was rather dirty in general.

Yup there's still a sizable difference between dirty chrome and silver in my book. At the very least there should be some variation here and there, but BW just made the whole thing a solid silver which isn't convincing at all.

If they had actually made it look dirtied and weathered like this, I'd be all for that:

ghost_busters_4.jpg

A dab of charcoal and I wager you could easily get it to look like that. Need better photos though. We should ask.

The body looks like unpainted white plastic, look at the image of the open back door and the frame around it. Not thrilled at the moment.

one other thing. I did spot a minor goof here. the chrome part I have marked on the photo is supposed to be red.

Back