Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking about it.. My old ERTL 1:21 Ecto had some minor assembly of parts to go on the roof rack, and the Hot Wheels 1:18 Ecto's you had to put on the whole roof rack. So there might be some assembly here also. time will tell I suppose..

I Imagine 2 guys having to carry this behemoth to the front door.

In fact if you watch this video, it shows them changing the batteries at a convention.. the batteries are in part of the roof rack and the radar and white dome with red stripes comes off.. so I imagine most of the roof will need assembling..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgAWrge_OwA

Siren sounds great, 100% accurate. I have heard the sirens on pretty damn good replica Ecto 1's and they are using some sound bit from the internet and there is kind of a delay between the bursts.

Fun fact: apparently the siren noise was made by some kind of big cat, which was then electronically reprocessed to beyond recognition and repeated over and over. So the Ecto 1 siren is actually a meow....

woodwork time. Extending my "plinth", and a forced perspective shot ( laid down tape measures and moved the car into position).

I have been doing some working out in preparing a display case for the Ecto 1.

I took 116cm and used a 1:10 scale, making 116mm.

get a tape measure out........ I got some pretty mind blowing results.

The wheels, are approx. 13cm wide.
the fins, are 75cm long.
the front door measures 23cm, with a door handle length of 4cm.
the back side doors are 19cm long.
The hood, depending on where you measure from, is about 30cm.

:monkey4.....

Yeah I was initially only focused on the length before, but measuring out the width and height makes it even clearer just how much space this thing is going to take up.

I'm in an interesting dilemma -the box for this thing is going to be MASSIVE. It's going to be like ordering a damn refrigerator. My wife will go nuts if it arrives home when I'm not there (which is likely), so I don't want it to get sent to my house, BUT I don't want it sent to work either (because my co-workers will think I'm *****ing nuts), plus I don't know if I'll even be able to fit it in my car to bring home.

Yeah getting this sent to my work clearly isn't an option, so I'll probably have to either take the day off, or enlist my retired father to wait around at my house until it arrives. Lol

Same, I’m gonna take that day off work to wait for this beast. I’ll be waiting with a new born at the house lol. Maybe she’ll get used to and sleep thru the Ecto sirens lol.

Has anyone ever seen an Ecto 1 replica in real life? I have seen 1959 Cadillac Eldorado's at car shows, I think they are around 18 feet long. The Ecto 1 is another 4 feet... I don't think anything can prepare you for how big it is. It doesn't even look that large on screen. I think its an illusion, because everything on the car is absolutely enormous.

I work evenings, so no worries about delivery day here... Take a sick day if you have to :wink1:

Has anyone worked out the measurements for a custom display case? Trying to get started now but not sure as to what would be best size to have the figures in too. Also, it's approx 500mm high. Reckon that's with the aerials? I was thinking of having the display case made 700mm high.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Also, the length of the thing with the stretcher extended out of the back?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I took this screen shot of sideshow live at sdcc 2018 maybe this will help you with your measurements. Or at least gauge the size.
62bf9025da0541e54cc596245ca5811a.jpg

I was trying to work out the display case issue for months.

https://www.idisplayit.co.uk/displa...ale-back-to-the-future-delorean-display-case/

this company makes various custom display cases, such as this one for the 1/6 BTTF delorean, so I contacted them about if they were going to make one for the Ecto 1. They said they would consider it.

Even if they do make one though.. you see how much room there is on either side of the car? that display case would be too large for my plinth, so I began to think about possibly constructing one myself with acrylic pieces. again, problems, as I couldn't find any pieces long enough, also gluing the whole thing together could be tricky for me.

Then finally I had an idea.... There are websites such as Quickbox, where you can design to the exact mm a custom cardboard box. I chose a white coloured dual thickness open top box, which I will turn upside down, and then make windows, with PVC. The same stuff that is used in convertible rear windows, marquee windows, etc. Its even UV resistant, like those 1/6 display cases.

I'll get pics up when I get the thing put together.

and yeah, 500mm is the very top of the roof rack, those little aerials you see behind the white/red dome thing. The body of the car itself is around 300mm. I made my box 750 high.

I'm not going to bother with a display case, since the car is already big enough and I've never been too concerned about dust. I just want to find some kind of stand or table that's tall enough so the car can be at least at waist-level.

The easy thing would be to just get one of those long coffee tables at IKEA, but I don't want to pay this kind of money for the car and then have to get down on my knees every time I want to look at it. Lol

I'm not going to bother with a display case, since the car is already big enough and I've never been too concerned about dust. I just want to find some kind of stand or table that's tall enough so the car can be at least at waist-level.

The easy thing would be to just get one of those long coffee tables at IKEA, but I don't want to pay this kind of money for the car and then have to get down on my knees every time I want to look at it. Lol
But HT and BW want you down on your knees......

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

having difficulty with the box method. In talks with idisplay it in making a custom case for Ecto 1..

Back