Big Chief Studios - 10th Doctor (2005-2010) TARDIS 1:6 Scale Collector diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if I should even bother with asking for a refund. I can already see the response that it's within acceptable tolerances =/

They will refund it. The problem is that they wont refund the cost you will incur to send it back.

Frankly thats terrible. Surely that roof didnt look right when they removed it from the tardis it came from as its obvious they dont match. They really dont care it seems. What with the problems ive had, im never buying a bcs product again let alone get it via them. There are similar/smaller companies out there and their QC is far superior. Good luck to those that have PO the 9th doctor and any of the others. Im still surprised people have PO weasel faced rose

They will refund it. The problem is that they wont refund the cost you will incur to send it back.

Frankly thats terrible. Surely that roof didnt look right when they removed it from the tardis it came from as its obvious they dont match. They really dont care it seems. What with the problems ive had, im never buying a bcs product again let alone get it via them. There are similar/smaller companies out there and their QC is far superior. Good luck to those that have PO the 9th doctor and any of the others. Im still surprised people have PO weasel faced rose

That's what I don't get. Someone obviously picked and packed by hand, but couldn't give a **** enough to check? I knew it was wrong as soon as I unwrapped from the plastic without even comparing. They said I could return it, but of course it would cost me. That's almost what I paid for the thing just in shipping cost. Canceling my 9 PO and calling it quits with this company

I wonder if there is someone who makes models who could make me a top portion and incorporate the pieces I have

That's what I don't get. Someone obviously picked and packed by hand, but couldn't give a **** enough to check? I knew it was wrong as soon as I unwrapped from the plastic without even comparing. They said I could return it, but of course it would cost me. That's almost what I paid for the thing just in shipping cost. Canceling my 9 PO and calling it quits with this company

I wonder if there is someone who makes models who could make me a top portion and incorporate the pieces I have

could you water down some black paint and apply that as a wash to the top so it will more closely match the bottom? guessing the bottom looked like the top until they applied a black wash. you shouldn't have to do this obviously but may be less hassle to try and fix yourself than deal with BCS.

could you water down some black paint and apply that as a wash to the top so it will more closely match the bottom? guessing the bottom looked like the top until they applied a black wash. you shouldn't have to do this obviously but may be less hassle to try and fix yourself than deal with BCS.

That's probably what I'd have to do. Just wish I hadn't smashed the original one as they requested since this new one doesn't even fit...

IMG_20160826_202334.jpg

Just been told that "the nature of poly resin manufacture there will always be a degree of slight misalignment, it's the very nature of the material," and "Please kindly note that we do not have the resource to open up a number of TARDISes in the hope of finding one that we think will be acceptable to you, as already stated we that could not replace the item with anything that would improve on your Tardis."

Quality Control just isn't a thing it seems.
And it's funny that they'd told me that they could replace the base, but for others on here they've replaced the door. No option of that yet. But I mean, considering the door doesn't properly close, shows an obvious gap at the top and is completely misaligned...it should be an open and shut case. But nope.

View attachment 289802

Just been told that "the nature of poly resin manufacture there will always be a degree of slight misalignment, it's the very nature of the material," and "Please kindly note that we do not have the resource to open up a number of TARDISes in the hope of finding one that we think will be acceptable to you, as already stated we that could not replace the item with anything that would improve on your Tardis."

Quality Control just isn't a thing it seems.
And it's funny that they'd told me that they could replace the base, but for others on here they've replaced the door. No option of that yet. But I mean, considering the door doesn't properly close, shows an obvious gap at the top and is completely misaligned...it should be an open and shut case. But nope.

Sounds like a pretty rude response, it's just short of telling you "too bad, deal with it"

big chief are very annoying. they will replace the base as they did this for me. keep hounding them. they try to fob people off to save themselves some time and money. they wont replace just the door but the entire base. the door is too well glued in to get at it. their customer service has a lot to live up too as is their responses to people on their facebook page (i could actually post screencaps of some very obnoxious comments made by BCS which they soon deleted and then removed/banned people from the page). to them, if you have a problem, youre simply a "hater" (their words). I feel the facebook fan group are partly to blame as they all worship BCS. Frankly, im sick of the way they try to fob customers off, are rude to customers, the QC is non existent and frankly they just dont care (thats the impression theyve been giving me). as such, i will never buy from them or any of their products either as you never get what is advertised. im expecting the 9th doctor to be subpar.

EDIT: I just realised thats 10s tardis. Theyve sold out of those so I doubt they will have any decent ones left, it would only be returned/faulty ones left. Actually thats another thing, Ive found them to be liars on more than a few occasions and I find it highly suspect that figures are just "found" in their werehouse (the odd one yes, but 10 on more than one occasion???). So even though they claim the tardis is SOLD OUT, i wonder if they will have a few left to stick on their low stock page at an inflated price

That response above is deplorable. Blaming the materials: openly stating that their chosen firm of manufacture would create misalignment problems.

They won't spend time helping out a customer!!!

I've read some pretty poor revues of this second TARDIS, but this has to be be worst. Bad product is one thing, but very poor customer response is unacceptable. And to top it off, their excuse is that the product wouldn't be perfect anyway..

This is damn near £300 . If expect better.

I am so sorry to hear that they are behaving this way..

BCS has been kind to me in the two instances I needed help, sending me my Handles that was stolen from the package and fixing my payment plans on 11 and 10 (to the point I had complete control of when I made payments on 11, no deadlines). That being said the only way I could fix those issues was by calling them with Skype at 4am to get through to their office when employees were there. Emails were largely ignored. But they were prompt to solve it once I called. I almost feel like that kicks in legal issues with UK laws, but I don't know that for sure as I don't know law there.

But seeing the behavior they direct at people is a little bit disconcerting. I have 10-12, I am done with BCS as I don't want any other characters at this point.

Sorry to hear all that, but, sadly, not very surprised. And no, it really isn't good enough, and frankly, never has been. And they aren't a new company any more, so they can't hide behind the 'we are still learning/trying our best' schtick when it comes to these matters now, either. But unfortunately it seems the only thing Big Chief are interested in as far as their customers are concerned is getting their money. And after they get that money they really don't seem to want anything more to do with their customers if they can possibly help it.

As someone who has supported them since day one, purchased all of their 1/6 Who releases so far, and who is ever hungry for more Who releases in the future, I hate saying it and feeling this way, but they are, without doubt, consistently the worst company I have ever dealt with from a customer service standpoint as far as my couple of decades plus of collecting goes. Only my nigh obsessive love of Who keeps me weathering the Big Chief storm. But they don't deserve my custom or my loyalty, and on any other license I would have long since walked away by now. But this is my dream line, so I keep hanging in there, hoping the penny will drop and they will turn that corner and realise how important the customers are to their business, and that it is a good and smart thing to treat them as fairly and respectfully as one can, within reason. Which is all most people want or expect.

After all, the only thing you need to do to get loyal customers is to deliver the goods, and treat them right. But winning back customers after you've alienated them, that's far, far more difficult, as any business manager worth their salt will tell you. You'll never please everybody, but if you act fair and reasonable in your dealings then most fair and reasonable people will act, and think of you, likewise. I just truly wish that Big Chief also saw things that way, but going on a great deal of past evidence, they rather clearly don't. It's never too late for them to turn such attitudes around, though. Or so I keep telling myself as I make each new order, anyway...

Who is still having issues with their Tardis? Greggo is on the board so maybe he can help you out.

Mine still looks like ****. But hey, they offered free shipping on my 9th doctor, so it's all good.....NOT

I received mine over a month ago and I'm real happy with it. The seller did have to return the 1st one that they were going to send me after finding problems with a pre-shipping inspection. I agree with a lot of the criticisms with Big Chief but still love their last several releases. I will not purchase the upcoming Rose figure, as I don't like the looks of that one at all.

That rose figure is awful. I had to send my tardis back as the doors werent straight. Then i had to further replace the police box sign as it wasnt alligned when light shined through. Took like a month to fully sort

That's my main issue with BC, it's always a bit of a (very expensive) lucky dip. Their first TARDIS was great, their second, plagued by various issues. 12 was great, the 10 released before that, not so much. The 11 released before him, though, pretty great. The paint up on the 4 boxed release was awful, but the smiling head they released later was pretty damn good. The 1st Doctor, released ages ago now, was superb, but the original Sherlock and Watson were quite disappointing. The upcoming 9th, Clara, Moriarty, and the new Sherlock and Watson, who knows? Most companies either improve from release to release, or else hit a basic, predictable, level with their output. Sure, sometimes they do a little better, or a little worse, but you have a reasonable idea of what the benchmark will be, and can purchase accordingly. BC are still all over the place, so you never know where on the scale the next piece is going to land. It's kind of crazy.

I had the misaligned sign problem. Contacted Big Chief through their website and they responded within ten minutes, asking for photos by email. I sent those, four days ago, and have yet to hear another word. Is there someone from BC on this board? This is a pretty simple problem, I just need to get a replacement POLICE BOX sign.

I had the misaligned sign problem. Contacted Big Chief through their website and they responded within ten minutes, asking for photos by email. I sent those, four days ago, and have yet to hear another word. Is there someone from BC on this board? This is a pretty simple problem, I just need to get a replacement POLICE BOX sign.

Good luck, you might need it. A few people have already went through hell trying to get replacementsfor theirs.

I preordered this. I received one with misaligned doors. Took them a week to reply and a further week to replace it. The replacement came with a misaligned sign. Took them 2 or 3 days to reply with a replacement turning up a few days later. So nearly 3 weeks it took and i had to constantly send emails and open tickets. I even spammed their facebook page as frankly, a week to reply is bad customer service.

Im never buying from them again. The way they speak to paying customers and the way they handle faulty products is far from decent. Theyve tried to fob alot of people off and try their best to not fix problems. My advice, keep hounding them

Back