Big Chief Studios - 10th Doctor (2005-2010) TARDIS 1:6 Scale Collector diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting to hear back. Opened a second support ticket. Also replied to the email telling me to pay shipping on 9th doctor -- that I'll do it as soon as the previous problem is resolved.

I wish they'd look at my account, look at how much money I've spent with them, and maybe think "hey! here's a longstanding customer, we should try not to annoy him!"

I'm not at the point where I'd say, "I'll never do business with them again...." but if there's something I'm on the fence about, like the 1800s Sherlock set or the Rose figure, this experience will definitely influence my decisions.

Okay! got a response and getting my replacement sign.

This is actually a "present" from my wife, so it's now wrapped and under the tree -- I opened it to take a quick look at quality stuff before giving it to her to give back to me (lol) .... now I'm hoping I don't open it on Xmas and find crooked door or other problem, though I didn't see anything like that at a quick glance, and the color of the top seemed close enough to the main color.

I actually built a TARDIS out of balsa wood many years ago, and I do have to say, this is a far more substantial display piece than that! I'm also really happy to see that they made the little phone door open.

Starting a bit early with the wishes.

Merry Christmas! Happy Chanukah! Frohe Weihnachten! Joyeux Noël! Nadolig Llawen! Veselé Vánoce! Wesołych Świąt! Vrolijk kerstfeest! メリークリスマス!
Happy whatever else holiday you celebrate! Have a nice time, my friends.

Starting a bit early with the wishes.

Merry Christmas! Happy Chanukah! Frohe Weihnachten! Joyeux Noël! Nadolig Llawen! Veselé Vánoce! Wesołych Świąt! Vrolijk kerstfeest! メリークリスマス!
Happy whatever else holiday you celebrate! Have a nice time, my friends.

You too! :) Nice pic - Love the festive TARDIS! :lol

Anyone interested in selling the pyjamas and sleepers bonus incentive? :)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

sorry for the dumb question, but where is a good place to shop Diorama for Hot Toy figures? I'd love to shop around some sets for my 1989 Jokers and BvS Batman figures. Any chance I can find a big Diorama replicating the Joker scene from 1989 where towards the end of the movie he is throwing money to the crowd on his float?

I posted this on the other thread, but I was building one of these from a wood kit, but I finally buckled down and bought both 9/10 and 11/12 TARDIS. I love both of these and there are plenty of differences to make it worth getting both versions.
TARDIS-COMPARISON.jpg
TARDIS-COMPARISON-CLOSE.jpg

My 9th/10th TARDIS had some issues, such as the light weathering on the roof compared to the rest of the box, but that was a simple fix with a wash of mixed black and brown acrylic paint applied with a chip brush. Took about 5 minutes which included the drying time.

My phone cord was stretched out as well and it was a pain having to tuck it in each time I wanted to open and close the phone door. So I decided to put a wire in between and heat it up with the hair dryer to get the cord more condensed as well as making it poseable. Now it closes like a charm with no worries of pinching. I'm planning on doing a few more weathering on it like on the phone door sign and windows.
TARDIS-PHONE.jpg

Mine only came with one insert, is this the case with all of them? The description says that it should have 2, so I'm confused why it only had one since this was brand new.

Does anyone have their Tardis on top of their Detolf? After making room for Doctors 3 and 13 in the Detolf the Tardis can no longer be in the cabinet and I want to put it on top but its quite heavy and I'm worried it will break the Detolf and Tardis and figures will be destroyed if it all comes crashing down.

Does anyone have their Tardis on top of their Detolf? After making room for Doctors 3 and 13 in the Detolf the Tardis can no longer be in the cabinet and I want to put it on top but its quite heavy and I'm worried it will break the Detolf and Tardis and figures will be destroyed if it all comes crashing down.
I’ve had both mine on top electric turntables on top of the detolf for years as well and they have survived a couple of mild earthquakes.
D114AF72-81C4-4AA5-B721-8FAD4B2E2A18.jpeg

I’ve had both mine on top electric turntables on top of the detolf for years as well and they have survived a couple of mild earthquakes.
View attachment 533634

Wow.... on the left, is that Big Chief's Baker Street diorama?
But that continuation of the diorama, which looks like a shop..... what is that?? And the continuation to its left?? All self made??
Thanks.

Wow.... on the left, is that Big Chief's Baker Street diorama?
But that continuation of the diorama, which looks like a shop..... what is that?? And the continuation to its left?? All self made??
Thanks.
I just realized I've never posted this and I have a ton of stuff I haven't posted that I've only shared on instagram.
Yes, that is the Big Chief 221B door diorama. I felt that since it was a door, it was a shame that it didn't open, so I decided to modify it to open. Then I realized, that when it opens, it needs the interior to match what is seen on the show, so I made that, then the diorama continued to snowball until I extended the left and right sides. Added additional LEDs for lighting the interior, restaurant and outside light and voila!
Mind you, this was all done by hand, no 3D printing and most of the pieces are made of real wood.
IMG_7148.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1102.JPG

Last edited:
Even the lettering was hand cut vinyl since I wanted to make this diorama the "old school" way. I sculpted the folds of the awning and pineapple finial on the fence. I even made the racks, oven thing, to go boxes, and menus in the restaurant for more realism.
Here's a picture comparison with the real thing:
IMG_7149.JPG

Last edited:
Back