**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t get the hate for reva. I don’t . I could see if she was overshadowing obiwan but she isn’t. I could see if she was a a boring conflicted character who can do no wrong but she isn’t . Yea she’s unhinged but that’s her character. I honestly don’t see the issue with her. Rey was literally worse than her. I don’t think anybody can top rey as the most boring / plain crap Star Wars character.

Saw some of the comments and they are unesscessary. She isn’t “omg” terrible but that’s just me. Really don’t get the hatred on this one.

We should focus our time and energy into what really matter and get hot toys to make that dino bounty hunter toy plus a 3 hr movie. I need to know his lore!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
To many she's an obnoxious, unlikeable, one dimensional, angry stereotype.
I would actually say she's as bad a character as Rey, just for different reasons.

For what reason? Over what they said about toxic fandom?

Maybe their own hypocrisy and baseless pointed accusations leveled at fans, both before and after airing of the show.

Disney Star Wars publicly makes Star Wars political and folks here aren't allowed to mention or comment......🤔

It actually is kind of ridiculous how good Edgerton is. When he was in AOTC I had no idea who he was, but I've seen him in other stuff since and he's a good actor.

Here he is bringing humanity and pathos to Uncle Owen, who really was kind of just an old jerk in his brief screentime in ANH.

I'm sure only like 3 of you will understand this comparison, but it's like in the Twin Peaks revival. Harry Dean Stanton's character in the original was only in one scene and he was a cranky son of a *****. In the Return, he was this caring, sweet, beloved old man. Didn't really fit. But hey...I guess people can change over 30 years.

I'm 44 now....if my 14 year old self saw was a miserable old cranky son of a ***** he becomes in just 30 years, he'd be horrified.
Your 44? Sheesh the way you were talking about how life has ended for you I thought you were 65.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
To many she's an obnoxious, unlikeable, one dimensional, angry stereotype.
I would actually say she's as bad a character as Rey, just for different reasons.
Did I say you weren’t entitled to your opinion at all? No. I said I just I don’t get the hate. If you don’t like her for whatever reason then fine. I agree she’s a stereotype but don’t get the hate still

Did I say you weren’t entitled to your opinion at all? No. I said I just I don’t get the hate. If you don’t like her for whatever reason then fine. I agree she’s a stereotype but don’t get the hate still
I was just expressing a general point, not directly accusing you of anything.
You'll have to explain for an old boy like me what you mean by "hate". Dislike of a character isn't hate. Never understood why the word hate is thrown around so much these days.
Hate is a strong word to use when really, some just dont like the writing.
Never understood the "hater" stuff.
Whats not to get? You don't understand why some people don't like the character? I've explained why I don't.

Last edited:
article-11384-1.jpg

I'll admit it, somewhat surprisingly yes I do.

Can't wait to hear about episode 3 of the Reva show tomorrow. :yess:

So far I have no reason to jump in now rather than wait till the season is done and I can watch them all together.

I haven't read all the comments here, and I notice mods are on board. Just my 2 cents. Awesome show, but Reva is terrible actress.

View attachment 580365

I'll admit it, somewhat surprisingly yes I do.
I wonder if Lucas is writing his memoirs. So at some point in the future after he's gone we can really learn about all the crap going on behind the scenes that is never talked about nor can be due to NDA's. And most of all what he really felt about the ST and all the other shows made by Disney. And the desecration Disney has caused to his creation.

Thats a book I'd buy and read in it's entirety on day one of release.

A big problem with any fandom, and Star Wars fandom is a big culprit with this, is that fans will watch something like Ob-Wan and they can feel something is wrong with a certain character, they don't know exactly what's wrong, but something is off, something isn't working, and they will immediately point the finger at the actor or actress. In general, many viewers may not be able to articulate what it is they feel is wrong with some piece of media or portrayal, and the actor is literally the face of said piece of media, so they end up bearing the brunt of backlash. In this case it's Moses Ingram, who I'm sure is a perfectly nice person and seemed very sweet in the tiny bit of promo media I've seen her appear in. The problems with the show, whether or not she has the acting chops, the flat, lackluster direction, pacing, dialogue and so on, is truly not her fault. Even people who say she can't act, should instead be going after the director, whose job it is to direct actors to the the desired performance or the showrunners for hiring her. None of this is her fault, and attacking her for it is ridiculous.

Unfortunately we've seen this in Star Wars before, with Jake Lloyd the young actor who was harassed so badly after TPM I'm not sure he ever really recovered, Ahmed Best of course, and even Hayden himself. New and weaker actors who were stomped on by fans, when it was ultimately the fault of George Lucas and his inability to guide and direct actors into giving good performances. The fact you had heavyweights, like Neeson, McGregor, Portman and even Sam Jackson in these films and they were also terrible says a lot.

Last edited:
Didn't Lucas say that one of the reasons they ditched his ST treatments was because they featured Han and Leia's son and daughter as teenagers which were deemed too young and "too much like Phantom Menace" according to KK and Iger?

I wonder if he's pissed that they're now going full Jake Lloyd age with Leia.

I wonder if Lucas is writing his memoirs. So at some point in the future after he's gone we can really learn about all the crap going on behind the scenes that is never talked about nor can be due to NDA's. And most of all what he really felt about the ST and all the other shows made by Disney. And the desecration Disney has caused to his creation.

Thats a book I'd buy and read in it's entirety on day one of release.
I'd be way more interested in what he actually felt about the prequels, because they are what changed the course of his legacy.

I don’t get the hate for reva. I don’t . I could see if she was overshadowing obiwan but she isn’t. I could see if she was a a boring conflicted character who can do no wrong but she isn’t . Yea she’s unhinged but that’s her character. I honestly don’t see the issue with her. Rey was literally worse than her. I don’t think anybody can top rey as the most boring / plain crap Star Wars character.

Saw some of the comments and they are unesscessary. She isn’t “omg” terrible but that’s just me. Really don’t get the hatred on this one.

We should focus our time and energy into what really matter and get hot toys to make that dino bounty hunter toy plus a 3 hr movie. I need to know his lore!
She just doesn’t fit in Star Wars imo, it’s the way she is delivering her lines they are; 1) unconvincing, she’s not intimidating imo and 2) she feels too modern in the way she speaks, majority of characters in star wars have a certain cadence and she just doesn’t have it.

It’s a problem with both the directing and the acting but ultimately it makes the character unlikeable for me.

Im sure once they give the back story of reva, itll justify her bitterness towards obi. Just give it time folks.
It's the portrayal of the bitterness that is jarring. It's somehow super flat but way over the top at the same time. I think the director was honestly just like, "okay so Reva's like, a baddie okay? So just go be like mad and stuff, grrr."

It also doesn't help when actors come out publicly in interviews saying they are not a fan themselves and have no idea about anything Star Wars related. That in itself shows they have no idea if they're look or performance will in any way have any backlash. So while yes it may be the director/writers fault it is also the actors for not even bothering to get a feel for what the character should be before stepping in front of the camera for the first time.

Back