**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just expressing a general point, not directly accusing you of anything.
You'll have to explain for an old boy like me what you mean by "hate". Dislike of a character isn't hate. Never understood why the word hate is thrown around so much these days.
Hate is a strong word to use when really, some just dont like the writing.
Never understood the "hater" stuff.
Whats not to get? You don't understand why some people don't like the character? I've explained why I don't.
Well from what I seen I saw some people show horrible disdain for her as a person and hate her just by being there. Maybe check around if you can’t see it. It’s ok to not like something but attacking the actor or just out right bullying is a no go for me.

Idk what to tell you. There is a difference between not liking horrible writing and not liking someone just for being there. It’s weird but fine. She shared some of the very hateful comments on her Instagram. So again that type of stuff is inexcusable whether u like the character or not.

Last edited:
It also doesn't help when actors come out publicly in interviews saying they are not a fan themselves and have no idea about anything Star Wars related. That in itself shows they have no idea if they're look or performance will in any way have any backlash. So while yes it may be the director/writers fault it is also the actors for not even bothering to get a feel for what the character should be before stepping in front of the camera for the first time.
Natalie Portman admitted she had never seen Star Wars before getting the job on TPM. It's pretty obvious she still doesn't care for it. She didn't get attacked for her extremely wooden performances in the Prequels. Admittedly, it was because fanboys were all in love with her, but still.

Im sure once they give the back story of reva, itll justify her bitterness towards obi. Just give it time folks.
Has a single person complained about her "bitterness towards obi?"

Seems to me that the problem everyone has with her is that she doesn't have a cool look for a SW villain (which is pretty much a first in SW history), her dialogue is lame and her screen presence is severely lacking.

I didn't realise episode three was on tonight, thought it was Friday. Can't say I'm particularly excited after the relatively average first two episodes though I'm hoping it goes balls to the wall for the final four episodes. I really hope the Leia story is pretty much done, and Reva takes a back seat after they bring in Vader, but I've a suspicion Disney will double down on the least popular aspects of the show, as seems to be their form.

She just doesn’t fit in Star Wars imo, it’s the way she is delivering her lines they are; 1) unconvincing, she’s not intimidating imo and 2) she feels too modern in the way she speaks, majority of characters in star wars have a certain cadence and she just doesn’t have it.

It’s a problem with both the directing and the acting but ultimately it makes the character unlikeable for me.
All the characters are different. It’s a big universe. Idk rey and the st cast looked like regular guys you’d see anywhere to. Nothing about them seemed Star Wars either. But I do t have a problem with people disliking her I just not get the negativity when she’s not as bad compared to most of the ST cast.

Has a single person complained about her "bitterness towards obi?"

Seems to me that the problem everyone has with her is that she doesn't have a cool look for a SW villain (which is pretty much a first in SW history), her dialogue is lame and her screen presence is severely lacking.
It’s not a first for a Star Wars villian to look stupid. Look at kylo ren. His lightsaber is cool but his helmet is bland and he himself looks like a middle aged man child .

Ok, i kinda see what you guys are getting at now, and i somewhat agree. But then again, it has the same feel with all the disney + SW that weve been getting - somewhat cringey line and awkward acting from new actors, its all over boba fett and mando too.

I didn't realise episode three was on tonight, thought it was Friday. Can't say I'm particularly excited after the relatively average first two episodes though I'm hoping it goes balls to the wall for the final four episodes. I really hope the Leia story is pretty much done, and Reva takes a back seat after they bring in Vader, but I've a suspicion Disney will double down on the least popular aspects of the show, as seems to be their form.
I'm honestly not looking forward to Vader's imminent arrival in this show. The fandom is going to explode, depending on how it goes, hopefully it's good, but if not, the infighting about Vader is going to be quite a spectacle. Half of the fandom will be super pissy and have all kinds of criticisms, while the other half will absolutely gush, like they do with anything, cus Vaaayydurrr.

Ok, i kinda see what you guys are getting at now, and i somewhat agree. But then again, it has the same feel with all the disney + SW that weve been getting - somewhat cringey line and awkward acting from new actors, its all over boba fett and mando too.
That's true. Gideon does still look like Al Sharpton in a cape doesn't he and not even the Reva chick is as bad as that horrendous "Gunslinger" dude, lol.

But at least the Gunslinger exited stage left before he could do too much damage. I fear that that won't be the case with Reva.

Natalie Portman admitted she had never seen Star Wars before getting the job on TPM. It's pretty obvious she still doesn't care for it. She didn't get attacked for her extremely wooden performances in the Prequels. Admittedly, it was because fanboys were all in love with her, but still.
Her character is totally different. She didn't need to have the presence a character like Reva would demand. If your signing on to be a major big bad scary villain in a 45 year old franchise with some of the most passionate fans on the planet, you should maybe do some research before auditioning for a role based simply on fitting the desired casting call description.

Half of the fandom will be super pissy and have all kinds of criticisms, while the other half will absolutely gush, like they do with anything, cus Vaaayydurrr.

This is inevitable.

There's also the division between Vader fans and Hayden fans.... and Shaw fans.

Couple that with "no eyebrows" versus "eyebrows" and you have a real recipe for disaster.

Well all episodes are done and in the can so nothing we're soon going to see is some defiant reaction to fan criticism of just the first two episodes.

All the characters are different. It’s a big universe. Idk rey and the st cast looked like regular guys you’d see anywhere to. Nothing about them seemed Star Wars either. But I do t have a problem with people disliking her I just not get the negativity when she’s not as bad compared to most of the ST cast.
So many Star Wars fans are so angry with what Disney has done to their beloved franchise, that they most likely lash out in pure anger. Not thinking things through first.

Let's face it, this franchise has been burned by Disney. Who in turn comes up with ridiculous accusations in response to unfavorable comments and then attacks its own fans that have made the property endure for 45 years.

Her character is totally different. She didn't need to have the presence a character like Reva would demand. If your signing on to be a major big bad scary villain in a 45 year old franchise with some of the most passionate fans on the planet, you should maybe do some research before auditioning for a role based simply on fitting the desired casting call description.
Not sure if you're serious. She was hired to play the female lead in the entire trilogy. The presence and importance of Padme was larger than all 3 prequel villains.

I do understand what you're saying, and I somewhat agree, but an actor does not need to know anything about previous entries of franchises or source materials. What they need to know, and what the director needs to help them with, is what their character is thinking and feeling and what the scene that character is in needs. Actors do not need to know or care about Star Wars to do well in their role. Just look at Harrison Ford.

Back