**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if you're serious. She was hired to play the female lead in the entire trilogy. The presence and importance of Padme was larger than all 3 prequel villains.

I do understand what you're saying, and I somewhat agree, but an actor does not need to know anything about previous entries of franchises or source materials. What they need to know, and what the director needs to help them with, is what their character is thinking and feeling and what the scene that character is in needs. Actors do not need to know or care about Star Wars to do well in their role. Just look at Harrison Ford.
:lol That's true. The indifference is strong with him.

Honestly I thought all the Inquisitors were pretty cheesy and one-dimensional. Not sure why everyone is obsessing over just this one. And maybe Ingram wasn't totally convincing in the role, but so what? It'll hardly be the first time in SW. The nonstop hate and ridicule being leveled at her is just so ridiculous and over the top, just as it was for Kelly Marie Tran.

I'm honestly not looking forward to Vader's imminent arrival in this show. The fandom is going to explode, depending on how it goes, hopefully it's good, but if not, the infighting about Vader is going to be quite a spectacle. Half of the fandom will be super pissy and have all kinds of criticisms, while the other half will absolutely gush, like they do with anything, cus Vaaayydurrr.
Yeah I think this show will being divisive among the fandom is a forgone conclusion at this point, even if the final four episodes kick ass. We've already seen them playing very fast and loose with established canon, ie Obi Wan and Leia's Big Adventure, and I can't see it getting less canonically ruinous as it goes on. But I suppose they think they can hedge around the lore by saying "well Leia never actually SAID she'd never met Obi Wan before, the fans just made that assumption...", etc etc. We shall see.

I'll throw my two cents in about Reva/Ingram. Do I like the character? Not particularly, but that's no fault of Ingram. Is she a bad actor? I can't speak to that either considering I've never seen or been Interested in anything else she may have appeared in. What makes her "wrong" for this show to me is the same thing I've seen many times from younger actors in period pieces. There is no attempt to sound or act like that period so instead they come off as contemporary and it ends up being distracting instead of involving. That's what I'm seeing here. She's made it clear in appearances and print interviews that she's not particularly interested or versed in SW and thinks that gives her the advantage of bringing what she wants to the character. An interesting and valid point of view to be sure, just not one I share when it comes to SW.

SW has always been a kind of "period piece", not connected to the contemporary view other than to almost comment on politics, relationships and societies in an abstract way. It's what helps make the prequels even more relevant than ever.

If Ingram chooses to approach this character in a basic, contemporary way without learning about or embracing what makes SW what it is, that's certainly her choice but it also invites valid criticism. And definitely not because of any race-based nonsense that loud vocal minority wants to spew.

That's my two cents...

So many Star Wars fans are so angry with what Disney has done to their beloved franchise, that they most likely lash out in pure anger. Not thinking things through first.

Let's face it, this franchise has been burned by Disney. Who in turn comes up with ridiculous accusations in response to unfavorable comments and then attacks its own fans that have made the property endure for 45 years.
I agree but that’s the higher ups fault not the actors. They are just chasing a pay check.

This is inevitable.

There's also the division between Vader fans and Hayden fans.... and Shaw fans.

Couple that with "no eyebrows" versus "eyebrows" and you have a real recipe for disaster.
LOL, well of all the needless changes for the Special Editions, I was okay with losing the eyebrows.

Let’s be clear . If they destroy Hayden vader in anyway I will rally a war on Disney world that will make the Jan 6 insurrection look like a Christian rock festival

All the characters are different. It’s a big universe. Idk rey and the st cast looked like regular guys you’d see anywhere to. Nothing about them seemed Star Wars either. But I do t have a problem with people disliking her I just not get the negativity when she’s not as bad compared to most of the ST cast.
Her line delivery is more PT

So she looks like ST and sounds like PT

She does not stand a chance :lol

So far she does not bother me. Not the best villain but not the worst. Plus I would rather watch her story than this new Boba Fett abomination

Not sure if you're serious. She was hired to play the female lead in the entire trilogy. The presence and importance of Padme was larger than all 3 prequel villains.

I do understand what you're saying, and I somewhat agree, but an actor does not need to know anything about previous entries of franchises or source materials. What they need to know, and what the director needs to help them with, is what their character is thinking and feeling and what the scene that character is in needs. Actors do not need to know or care about Star Wars to do well in their role. Just look at Harrison Ford.
Queen Amidala had really no previous references to be compared to. Other than maybe Leia. Reva will be compared to Vader, Palps, Maul, Dooku, the previous Inquisitors from Rebels, and sadly, Kylo Ren.

Amidala only needed to emulate a passionate Queen that cares for her people. Not need to have the ability to stare through the camera lens and instil fear to the viewers. Lucas literally told the designers when creating the visuals for Maul to delve into their worst Nightmares. And he chose him from hundreds of concept drawings. Reva was not created in the same vein as even any of the other Inquisitors. She was a casting call.

As for her performance, no matter how good a directors direction for the actors may be, it certainly wouldn't hold the same weight as seeing how all those similar characters were portrayed and brought to life on screen. Especially when your character will become part of a long line of well known on screen villains.

I agree but that’s the higher ups fault not the actors. They are just chasing a pay check.
Sure, but the roles they choose have an indisputable effect on their career. Taking a role you could never fill is just as damaging to your own career as it is the franchise.

These actors just want to be part of the current big thing. In hopes it helps to explode their career. But it can also damage it as well. Actors today are just personalities. Very few have actual acting talent any more.

Episode 3 clip released of Reva being told by the new Inquisitor head she must go look for Cal Kestis….

1654043197539.gif

I don’t get the hate for reva. I don’t . I could see if she was overshadowing obiwan but she isn’t. I could see if she was a a boring conflicted character who can do no wrong but she isn’t . Yea she’s unhinged but that’s her character. I honestly don’t see the issue with her. Rey was literally worse than her. I don’t think anybody can top rey as the most boring / plain crap Star Wars character.

Saw some of the comments and they are unesscessary. She isn’t “omg” terrible but that’s just me. Really don’t get the hatred on this one.

We should focus our time and energy into what really matter and get hot toys to make that dino bounty hunter toy plus a 3 hr movie. I need to know his lore!
She does not really bother me because so far she has been ruthless and intelligent with her plans. Chopping off some poor pedestrian’s hand was one of the more brutal things shown in SW.

Her acting is poor but so is most of the PT acting so fits right in with the Ewen SW setting lol

Her look is wrong. She needs some scars. Something to give the audience a sense of dread and danger. She can’t pull it off with her acting and she sounds like a child when she speaks.

But her actions have been on point for this story and I can give her / the character a pass because of that

Queen Amidala had really no previous references to be compared to. Other than maybe Leia. Reva will be compared to Vader, Palps, Maul, Dooku, the previous Inquisitors from Rebels, and sadly, Kylo Ren.
Well at least Kylo Ren is an easy bar to beat. :lol

I'd take Hayden's Anakin over Adam's Kylo any day. :lol

Amidala only needed to emulate a passionate Queen that cares for her people. Not need to have the ability to stare through the camera lens and instil fear to the viewers. Lucas literally told the designers when creating the visuals for Maul to delve into their worst Nightmares. And he chose him from hundreds of concept drawings. Reva was not created in the same vein as even any of the other Inquisitors. She was a casting call.

As for her performance, no matter how good a directors direction for the actors may be, it certainly wouldn't hold the same weight as seeing how all those similar characters were portrayed and brought to life on screen. Especially when your character will become part of a long line of well known on screen villains.
This is because that's all Maul was. A visual. A bogey man. He had no character whatsoever, he was not a good villain. Nute Gunray was a stronger villain in TPM. It took years of trying to pick up the pieces in expanded series', to give something to Maul. Which is still meh in my opinion, though many seem to enjoy him. The strongest thing about him, even 20 years on, is the way he looks.

Also, none of what you said has any bearing on whether or not an actor needs to deep dive into a franchise's history in order to play a role. They don't. This is the job of the show runners, to prepare her for what is needed from that character in the story they're telling.

Back