**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One episode In and I can already tell what a disaster this is. The “third sista” is a horrible actress. I honestly don’t know if I want to watch anymore.

Oh get in here!!! We got room on the couch, plenty of popcorn and plenty of mixers. In this life you got to get your laughs where you can. At least, until they show you something you are truly unable to stomach. We are level Annoyed; we have yet to reach level get-your-knives-out.

Oh get in here!!! We got room on the couch, plenty of popcorn and plenty of mixers. In this life you got to get your laughs where you can. At least, until they show you something you are truly unable to stomach. We are level Annoyed; we have yet to reach level get-your-knives-out.

:lecture

This!

This is how we got through TBOBF!

Who doesn't want to see Leia sprint to freedom again? :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

I just realized they gave the Grand Inquisitor his Sith eyes. Looks a little better than the promo shots we saw.

It was smart to not have OW ignite his saber at any point against ranting Reva da Diva, leave it for Vader although him using the force again was well done by EM.

I didn’t think it was really bad yet (in a BOBF way)
It was just really boring…
I stopped watching in the middle of Ep 2 - going for the rest today
And unfortunately no cool designs, Costumes, Aliens that kept me hooked
In the first scene on the streets with 3rd Sister 95% are human with Really average costumes - the one Alien that is featured- looks like he has a cheap rubber mask
Compare that to the Scenes in „the Mandalorian“ where streets are filled with cool Aliens, Bounty hunters and even the ordinary people seem to have better costumes.
With only one exception- the tribe in episode 4 season 1 looked way too clean and wealthy and too handsome.

By the way: I have the same complaint about the Andor teaser - cheap designs, cheap costumes (a hoodie- really..), folks too clean, to handsome and not in any way Star Wars design feeling for me

The Force catch was cool. It's seeing Ewan doing things like that that makes the show good for me.

I was thinking last night that current Star Wars doesn't deserve someone with his skill level. He was the best thing in the PT, and he's the best thing here too.

It’s just really bad writing when they have Leia being sent to the elite royal Organas for protection and they literally have pirates sneak into their backyard!

They have ZOOM capabilities with the outer rim BUT no security cameras and perimeter control in their own backyard?

I didn’t think it was really bad yet (in a BOBF way)
It was just really boring…
I stopped watching in the middle of Ep 2 - going for the rest today
And unfortunately no cool designs, Costumes, Aliens that kept me hooked
In the first scene on the streets with 3rd Sister 95% are human with Really average costumes - the one Alien that is featured- looks like he has a cheap rubber mask
Compare that to the Scenes in „the Mandalorian“ where streets are filled with cool Aliens, Bounty hunters and even the ordinary people seem to have better costumes.
With only one exception- the tribe in episode 4 season 1 looked way too clean and wealthy and too handsome.

By the way: I have the same complaint about the Andor teaser - cheap designs, cheap costumes (a hoodie- really..), folks too clean, to handsome and not in any way Star Wars design feeling for me

The lower budget did show in the costumes and masks.

Some of the outfits looked they came from the area of the prop department labelled, 'Suitable for retro 1980s productions'.

Desperately Seeking Susan Leia:

vlcsnap-2022-05-28-11h34m34s031.jpg
vlcsnap-2022-05-28-11h34m42s228.jpg

Some of the alien masks were a bit like the cheap background ones from the 1977 cantina.

And then there was this pair, who were laugh out loud funny!

vlcsnap-2022-05-27-15h31m42s023.jpg

Maybe this is the wrong section to ask this (feel free to move my post if needed)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Maybe this is the wrong section to ask this (feel free to move my post if needed)

Spoiler Spoiler:
I'm pure sure in the current canon Vader isn't a public figure, he's the boogeyman you send when Palpatine needs a job done.

The general public don't know that Palpatine is a Sith lord.

I think why the storylines so far are not appealing is the timeline is not meeting what fans are expecting .

We have to consider it’s only 10 years after ROTS and Luke and Leia are still children . this is an era were the Empire is probably still developing and I’m sure the rebellion hasn’t started yet. So we can’t expect Obi Wan to make a huge impact in adventures that will knock our socks off . Now bare in mind this can all change in upcoming episodes

We know through history from ANH that Obi Wan pretty much stayed on Tantooine and became a hermit so he can watch over Luke. So I imagine Obi not doing anything to battle the Empire To an extent that it changes the universe .

So I think Obi for the most part of the series will be low key in what he does

So I’m not seeing well developed story arcs happening in this series (other than Obi seeing Empire Vader )

IMO it makes sense to have these random villains like mercinaries. hunters , inquisitors etc be involved in the plot lines . And that most wars that will happen in this might be possibly impactful or memorable to the SW lore

I don’t think there are enough episodes of this series made for the Empire to challenge Obi Wan to make a huge battles that will shake up the universe:lecture

Back