**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I'm nitpicking here but I was surprised how easy he found his lightsaber. Given it's been buried for years surely the landscape would have changed (more layers of sand). Yes I'm definitely nitpicking here... :lol
Well you’re no stranger. That’s what all fans do. Continuity errors, nonsensical moments and questionable logic in beloved classics like Original Trilogy are fun and anything we don’t like is nitpicked to death. Is it biased, hell yeah but that’s what an opinion entails.

6huh78.gif

5xq0p5.gif

One thing is apparent from this show though, none of them know how to film a proper chase. :lol While Leia's abnormally high evasion stat was noteworthy, Reva's force-parkour was just absolute cringe.
Omg, this show is so bad! We laughed so hard durning that rooftop scene in ep 2. Hahaha

best comedy of the year!
That was laughable. as bad as Rodriguez BoBF action was at least his rooftop parkour scene wasn't as bad as Revas ridiculouslly shot wire work .
Less flipping and useless hoping around and she might have actually caught up with them sooner. :lol

Last edited:
I'm sad to say that I didn't like the first two episodes, they felt very Last Jedi to me.

The trope of the former hero that has lost his nerve is something Disney needs to avoid like the plague, because they seem incapable of writing it well. Both Reeva and Leia come off as brats, which is a huge disservice to Leia's character.

And like in Fett some of the action scenes (the Chase) were so off it really pulls you out of the show.

On the plus side Ewan's great as always, as is Jimmy Smits, and the production is excellent in terms of FX.

Fingers crossed over the next few episodes it picks up.
1ED78CF6-FB0D-41AB-9045-578DCA7CF29B.png

Yep not in character for Leia to be a spoiled insulting entitled brat. A real disservice to have her younger version act more childish. Imagine a child acting like a child hmm. I remember another brat too in that same movie. Now I see why Rey wanted to be a Skywalker 😛.
20EA4E1A-1FE0-4FD7-BF7A-78A4C8910A5C.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm eager to see episode 3 and beyond. Ewan as Kenobi will always be a win. I'm confident that he'll carry the series regardless of any stupid stuff that happens around him. This is one of the reasons Boba failed, Morrison just couldn't pull it off as a lead character.

So in which episode will Leia demonstrate some force powers a la Grogu in Mandalorian? Then we find out that she actually had force abilities this entire time since she was a child but we just never her use them in the OT. It’s my “this sounds like a ver Disney thing to do” prediction lol.

And also…is it safe to say that The Mandalorian is the outlier now instead of what we thought was going to be the first in a run of great Disney+ Star Wars series? Worried about the Ahsoka show…

It appears to be the case, he seemed in pain saving Leia from that fall. Maybe using the force is like Riding a bike.

Did Obi wan block the Force from his mind like Luke did in TLJ?

It took 10 years before he realized Anakin was still alive? :eek:
I’m confused by this as well. He knew from the hologram recording at the end of ROTS they he had adopted the title Darth Vader, correct? Had he not heard anyone mention Darth Vader for the next 10 years? Or am I misremembering that scene of ROTS.

So in which episode will Leia demonstrate some force powers a la Grogu in Mandalorian? Then we find out that she actually had force abilities this entire time since she was a child but we just never her use them in the OT. It’s my “this sounds like a ver Disney thing to do” prediction lol.

And also…is it safe to say that The Mandalorian is the outlier now instead of what we thought was going to be the first in a run of great Disney+ Star Wars series? Worried about the Ahsoka show…
She already used force augment and speed to evade capture 😆 Actually the Leia being captured thing reminds me a lot of Jacen and Jaina Solo being captured as kids. In terms of realistic force abilities, Leia’s fast reflexes and seeming to be in the right place at right time and ability to persuade others could be attributed to the force.
1DA86D7A-C438-4780-9824-7993F950EE07.jpeg

T
I’m confused by this as well. He knew from the hologram recording at the end of ROTS they he had adopted the title Darth Vader, correct? Had he not heard anyone mention Darth Vader for the next 10 years? Or am I misremembering that scene of ROTS.
That’s correct. However the Empire blocked/controller holonet and Darth Vader wasn’t paraded around the Empire (at least in old canon), he was a behind the scenes enforcer that scared the crap out of Imperials. Also Tatooine is far removed being on outer rim so it’s not known to be up date on galactic affairs.

Yes but he left Anakin for dead because he couldn't bring himself to kill his best friend and brother, he probably assumed Anakin died there on that lava river bank.

Darth Vader is not a public figure, the general public don't even know that Palpatine is a Sith Lord.

It appears to be the case, he seemed in pain saving Leia from that fall. Maybe using the force is like Riding a bike.
Yeah it seemed like he intentionally cut himself off from the force to avoid detection. It was probably easier to suppress it in the beginning so he wasn’t tempted to use it or try to help others. He told the other Jedi to forget about the past and bury it (oh no TLJ reference lol). The inquisitors knew Jedi couldn’t stop helping others so to go against your nature to be a hero/guardian, Kenobi had to take extreme measures. He did all this to ensure Luke could be trained later on, that was his only purpose in life.

Yes but he left Anakin for dead because he couldn't bring himself to kill his best friend and brother, he probably assumed Anakin died there on that lava river bank.
"I just cut your limbs off, stood there and watched while your body ignited, but we're bros so I'm not going to kill you. Oh yeah I'm not going to get you any medical attention either. Okay 'bye bro."

"I just cut your limbs off, stood there and watched while your body ignited, but we're bros so I'm not going to kill you. Oh yeah I'm not going to get you any medical attention either. Okay 'bye bro."
It is a weird complex scene, in some ways it almost looks like he wants Anakin to suffer. He just keeps saying his peace while Anakin is burning and suffering, not a very Jedi like thing to do. He’s almost acting like someone severing ties with a family member or friend, when the relationship is over and you just want to tell them how you feel for closure. This of course happens after Obi-wan resorted to a forbidden technique to butcher Anakin.

The best part of the duel on Mustafar is how the duo change during it. Multiple times Anakin could have killed Obi-wan but he can’t bring himself to kill him either. It’s at the moment when Anakin says this is the end for you that he gathers the courage to do it (like Kylo saying to Han I do not know if I have the strength). Obi-wan still doesn’t want to hurt or kill Anakin since he warns him right before the end of the duel. After it happens, it’s done and over with and Obi-wan really lets go and drills into Anakin practically oblivious to him being burned alive.

I think subconsciously kid Leia already was using Force powers like when she was telling her cousin what he was feeling and how she knew something was going on in Obi Wan’s mind

Back