**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of dead... I just watched the first episode of Kenobi.

It was terrible. Other than the already established cast, the new casting was like a really bad film school short. The worst offender was that Reva. The exchange between her and China-Joe in the "alley" was perhaps the worst scene I have ever seen. It was like the director said "do it at half speed". But then, the majority of direction felt uninspired and left with a "they'll fix it in editing" mindset.

No energy, no genuine drama, just drab meandering through familiar settings.

Once again, hollow music.

The opening scene made no sense... unless of course Reva in among the group in that moment. We'll see if the writer's are that clever.

Obi-Wan buries his lightsaber but keeps his Republic Jedi communicator? OK.

I don't know. I just don't know. Perhaps this episode should have taken Obi-Wan's advice: go out into the desert and bury it.

I bet you anything, if they started with a crawl and Episode 2 it would be better: Obi-Wan Kenobi has been called out of retirement to help rescue a kidnapped Leia...

That's all I need...

It was terrible. Other than the already established cast, the new casting was like a really bad film school short. The worst offender was that Reva. The exchange between her and China-Joe in the "alley" was perhaps the worst scene I have ever seen. It was like the director said "do it at half speed". But then, the majority of direction felt uninspired and left with a "they'll fix it in editing" mindset.

The opening scene made no sense... unless of course Reva in among the group in that moment. We'll see if the writer's are that clever.

I don't know. I just don't know. Perhaps this episode should have taken Obi-Wan's advice: go out into the desert and bury it.

I bet you anything, if they started with a crawl and Episode 2 it would be better: Obi-Wan Kenobi has been called out of retirement to help rescue a kidnapped Leia...

That's all I need...
S.A.V.A.G.E Part 2

All that talk of 160 year old John Williams composing a new theme for Obi Lost was a big fat nothing burger the music did suck you are right.

It's true though. Is there a rule that series needs filler episodes?

A full hour -- that's half a movie -- if a movie was that boring it would tank at the boxoffice. If this was a movie, they would have gotten all that stuff across in the first 20 minutes.

On the plus side, I suppose it has no where to go but up from here.

Last edited:
I’m thinking Reva is that one padawan we first see in the flashback during order 66?
One of those “I idolized you as a padawan Obi, wanted to be just like you, but when the empire took over you just ran off and hid leaving the empire to take me and turn me so now I will catch you” I don’t see Disney just keeping her as a power hungry villain.

The head inquisitor guy was actually very very good but of course they had to go political
Spoiler Spoiler:

I guess I never thought of that bit as political because I am not American. But it does make sense in a way that Reva does appear to be the weakest of the group, or at least one of the lower ranked members of the group. If she was picked up as a young Padawan, it would also be akin to picking her up in the gutter.

It is out of character since only Thrawn and Tarkin knew/suspected Vader was Anakin. However we have to keep in mind that the entire point of reference of A New Hope and introduction to Star Wars is through Old Ben Kenobi who emphasizes the separation between Anakin and Vader. By the time we get to Empire, Vader gladly tells Luke he is his son which obviously implies he has no problem accepting he is Anakin Skywalker. It’s all down to George retcons so we do the best we can and sometimes it’s good to reassess long-held assumptions or beliefs.

I was thinking of this too. The only reason I can think of her knowing who Vader really was is that she was a Padawan in the Jedi temple and she had met Anakin before. After that, there is footage of Palpatine referring to Anakin as "Lord Vader" before he had the armor on, so she could have seen that.

That's all I need...

Interesting comment about the music. It was scored by John Williams again and he did some throwbacks here and there. I thought it was pretty tasteful.

I'm pretty sure that one of the Padawans running there was Reva. She was probably the one leading the kids out.

Obi Wan ditching his saber made sense, because that was a dead giveaway that he was a Jedi. The communicator is more generic I think, and if I remember right the troopers in Attack of The Clones used the same communicators.

I guess I never thought of that bit as political because I am not American. But it does make sense in a way that Reva does appear to be the weakest of the group, or at least one of the lower ranked members of the group. If she was picked up as a young Padawan, it would also be akin to picking her up in the gutter.

I was thinking of this too. The only reason I can think of her knowing who Vader really was is that she was a Padawan in the Jedi temple and she had met Anakin before. After that, there is footage of Palpatine referring to Anakin as "Lord Vader" before he had the armor on, so she could have seen that.

Interesting comment about the music. It was scored by John Williams again and he did some throwbacks here and there. I thought it was pretty tasteful.

I'm pretty sure that one of the Padawans running there was Reva. She was probably the one leading the kids out.

Obi Wan ditching his saber made sense, because that was a dead givellaway that he was a Jedi. The communicator is more generic I think, and if I remember right the troopers in Attack of The Clones used the same communicators.
Williams did the opening theme. The score was done by someone else , not the same person that did the Mandalorian soundtrack either

One thing is apparent from this show though, none of them know how to film a a proper chase. :lol While Leia's abnormally evasion stat was noteworthy, Reva's force-parkour was just absolute cringe.
Spoiler Spoiler:

remember families watch D+ too :lol

Williams did the opening theme. The score was done by someone else , not the same person that did the Mandalorian soundtrack either
Ah yes, the rest of the music was done by Natalie Holt. John Williams did provide not just the opening theme though, he also did several versions of this theme that they are using across the show too.

I’m thinking Reva is that one padawan we first see in the flashback during order 66?
One of those “I idolized you as a padawan Obi, wanted to be just like you, but when the empire took over you just ran off and hid leaving the empire to take me and turn me so now I will catch you” I don’t see Disney just keeping her as a power hungry villain.
Bingo 🤙🏻

That's all I need...

:exactly:

It was harrible, harrible, I say.

My theory is that was written for children in the eight year-old category. I'm only nine but I was saying to myself all the way through, "I'm too old for this poodoo".

Spoiler Spoiler:
Yeah, that's why I am less harsh in my opinion about that particular chase.

Reva though....

Back