**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really looking forward to this and the 100 pages threadcrapping all over it once it streams...yay.
mando-way-this-is-the-way.gif

Mando and BOBF have made it quite clear that TCW and Rebels are basically essential viewing now, if people don't wanna watch them then that's on them :dunno. It's like watching the Sequel trilogy without having seen at least the OT.

Casual viewers are gonna be confused in Mando S3 if they didn't watch BOBF.

I agree with this. Star Wars is like Star Trek and the MCU, the storyline transcends different movies and different TV shows. If you choose to miss out key parts of the story (and The Clone Wars and Rebels ARE key parts of the Star Wars story), then that's on you. And you're only doing yourself a disservice, as The Clone Wars and Rebels are great.

As is the Prequel Trilogy :rock

Last edited:
I agree with this. Star Wars is like Star Trek and the MCU, the storyline transcends different movies and different media. If you choose to miss out key parts of the story (and The Clone Wars and Rebels ARE key parts of the Star Wars story), then that's on you. And you're only doing yourself a disservice, as The Clone Wars and Rebels are great.

As is the Prequel Trilogy :rock
I'm all for connected movies and TV shows, but I don't want to be having to read comics and books and watching webisodes and TikTok posts to keep up with what's going on.

I'm all for connected movies and TV shows, but I don't want to be having to read comics and books and watching webisodes and TikTok posts to keep up with what's going on.
Oh yeah, when I say different media, I meant movies and TV shows. Different "screen" media I guess I meant. I've edited my post just so I can be clear. Because movies and TV shows are all viewed from the same place (your TV), it's not difficult to access the whole story.

Books and comics haven't really informed much of the overall Star Wars story thus far. Don't get me wrong, they are good additions and can flesh out the world, but there hasn't been anything (in my mind) from the books or comics that has had any real impact on the overall Star Wars story or informed the path of the overall Star Wars story.

The only example I can think of where a story arc or thread from a book has been important to the overall Star Wars story is the Siege of Mandalore from the Ahsoka novel. But, because it was so important, they adapted it and included it in Season 7 of The Clone Wars.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I would say that you can skip the comics and books entirely and you wouldn't miss anything and you would still have a good, coherent story from the main Star Wars movies and TV shows. Apart from anything sequel trilogy related... which, of course, can file itself into the bin.

Skip TV shows, however, and you are missing out.

Last edited:
The great run on Star Wars is over. Trying to rekindle old times with friends is just not possible with Disney. You cannot even make new friends as they drive colorful electric scooters and do Tide Pod challenges. Kenobi, Andor are those things. At least Mando and Ahsoka will try and push it into new territory, just hope it is not BoBF territory.

Back