**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is because that's all Maul was. A visual. A bogey man. He had no character whatsoever, he was not a good villain. Nute Gunray was a stronger villain in TPM. It took years of trying to pick up the pieces in expanded series', to give something to Maul. Which is still meh in my opinion, though many seem to enjoy him. The strongest thing about him, even 20 years on, is the way he looks.

Also, none of what you said has any bearing on whether or not an actor needs to deep dive into a franchise's history in order to play a role. They don't. This is the job of the show runners, to prepare her for what is needed from that character in the story they're telling.
Tell that to the millions of Maul fans that have watched/grown up with The Clone Wars and Rebels. Apparently you have not if you feel in his 20+ years of Star Wars lore and Cannon, Maul is simply a boogeyman. That is why he is more popular today than ever before.

And as far as defending her preparation, any smart passionate actor who wants to actually bring a character to life will do as much research as possible. Regardless of having direction from the show runners and from reading words on paper. She is just as guilty as they are. They are all to blame for the character of Reva falling flat on her face. But everyone just wants to point a finger and not take responsibility for themselves.

Tell that to the millions of Maul fans that have watched/grown up with The Clone Wars and Rebels. Apparently you have not if you feel in his 20+ years of Star Wars lore and Cannon, Maul is simply a boogeyman. That is why he is more popular today than ever before.

And as far as defending her preparation, any smart passionate actor who wants to actually bring a character to life will do as much research as possible. Regardless of having direction from the show runners and from reading words on paper. She is just as guilty as they are. They are all to blame for the character of Reva falling flat on her face. But everyone just wants to point a finger and not take responsibility for themselves.
I literally said in the post you quoted that it took years for them to make something of Maul. The bogey man statement was about his original creation. He had absolutely no character whatsoever, he was an evil faced henchman. His entire purpose was to kill Qui-Gon and then be killed himself, to clear the board for the main characters.

I know exactly who is responsible for the mess that is Reva in Ob-Wan, and it isn't the actress not doing enough homework to play another forgettable "Darth Junior" villain, it's the people way above her pay grade.

And then you've got Hayden Christensen who lived and breathed SW for six straight years while making the PT and he *still* spent hundreds of hours pouring through every episode of TCW and Rebels as prep for a series where so far he has a much smaller role than Reva.

Do you think he's going to have lines as Anakin? I don't understand why he would even want to come back to this role. Just to have a cameo or two in a bacta tank?
Hopefully one or more PT/TCW flashbacks. If they weren't planning on showing him outside his suit then I'd think they would have just stuck with the RO guy.

Do you think he's going to have lines as Anakin? I don't understand why he would even want to come back to this role. Just to have a cameo or two in a bacta tank?

The only thing -- besides the advertising for subscriptions -- to have Hayden back would be to give him lines with Obi-Wan.

I think the broken mask scene is a lock. It is possible he just takes his helmet off, but that would set off a firestorm (not that Disney cares).

The only thing -- besides the advertising for subscriptions -- to have Hayden back would be to give him lines with Obi-Wan.

I think the broken mask scene is a lock. It is possible he just takes his helmet off, but that would set off a firestorm (not that Disney cares).
How long has the broken mask Mythos Statue been up for preorder? Deborah Chow has already gone on record as saying the Obi-Wan Mythos statue has been her main inspiration for the show so maybe she's going to double down and just have the two statues fight each other, lol.

How long has the broken mask Mythos Statue been up for preorder? Deborah Chow has already gone on record as saying the Obi-Wan Mythos statue has been her main inspiration for the show so maybe she's going to double down and just have the two statues fight each other, lol.
Maybe save that for Ahsoka flashbacks?

Flashback with a whole dialogue sequence doesn't seem right.

The immediacy of Vader with Kenobi NOW is what we want to see.
How much can they honestly do though? They're not really supposed to have interacted before ANH, how much will be too much? When does the canon not just bend, but break? Are we really supposed to think Vader in ANH is like "I sense something, a presence I've not felt since... *last week*"

Script Leak -- Vader meets Ben:

Ben: You're alive...

Vader: You left me to die.

Ben: You gave me no choice.

Vader: Now it's your turn.

Ben: But you didn't die.

Vader: No. I'm alive.

Ben: So I didn't kill you. You don't need to kill me.

Vader: That's true. Go on then, leave me.

Ben hustles away quickly...

*cue Star Wars end music*

Maybe save that for Ahsoka flashbacks?
Well it doesn't have to be either/or. :)

6i62m8.jpg

Back