Best 1/6 SW figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best 1/6 SW figure?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hot toys luke but dont own 3po to know if is better ,but 3po is NICE! I should've waited to vote, after i get VADER tommorow.

:( Sorry for beating the dead horse but any reason why the Tamashii C-3PO get's so much love and the Medicom versions gets treated like the redheaded step child? Other than size/scaling issues (which doesn't bother me), where's the love? I have it in hand and think it's a beautiful piece.

Usually.. :lol - but I'm just about to drop some dime on a SSC Tusken - tiny T-Rex arms, little round sand bootys & all. :lecture
Honestly, don't think those nits will bother you once he's in-hand. The only time I've noticed the short arms is in pics where the Tusken's posed with the gaffi stick over its head. Shame it's such an iconic pose, but other than that, the figure's up there w/Greedo and Hammerhead for me. Looking forward to your thoughts, Vintij.

:( Sorry for beating the dead horse but any reason why the Tamashii C-3PO get's so much love and the Medicom versions gets treated like the redheaded step child? Other than size/scaling issues (which doesn't bother me), where's the love? I have it in hand and think it's a beautiful piece.
It is a nice piece, for sure, but the scale alone kills it for most and personally I hate the painted on wiring. Tamashii's is just such a huge upgrade in pretty much every way possible.

Don't try to frighten me with your futzer's ways, lord Fiend. :lol

:lol Nice. Lord Fiend, I like the sound of that.

Anyway, I can't take credit for the above pic though. That's all Rory. Its stock too. But I will be ordering mine
today after I hit the bank up. :rock

Fingers crossed. I hope its in one piece. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I haven't seen the c3po in person so i can't comment on it. HT Luke got my vote its simply stunning.
SSC Vader deluxe is very good...also ssc tusken, ssc commander gree and ssc lando were also nice too.

Gotta go with 3P0 over Luke by a nose, just judging it as a figure and not anything to do with character its just flawless and extremely impressive

Vader is a cut below both by a long shot, but with the body swap and lForigno cape and tunic, its by far my favorite Star Wars figure, probably one of my top 10 overall!

anyways though, went with 3P0, no mods, perfect as is

What is the issue with Vaders tunic and cape? I think they are superb for being mass produced and hang nice.

Honestly, don't think those nits will bother you once he's in-hand. The only time I've noticed the short arms is in pics where the Tusken's posed with the gaffi stick over its head. Shame it's such an iconic pose, but other than that, the figure's up there w/Greedo and Hammerhead for me. Looking forward to your thoughts, Vintij.
Will do my friend! :duff

:lol Nice. Lord Fiend, I like the sound of that.

Anyway, I can't take credit for the above pic though. That's all Rory. Its stock too. But I will be ordering mine
today after I hit the bank up. :rock

Fingers crossed. I hope its in one piece. :lol
The new Vader sounds like a bullet I've gladly dodged; a QC comedy of errors. :lol

Best of luck with yours dude (it's unbelievable that even has to be said for a company that's supposedly on their way to rivaling HT.. :rotfl)

Anyway yeah, Rory's great with his improvements generally, but that pic is still really just smoke & mirrors for the most part. The whole thing is still too big, dome is still too small, the bodysuit still sucks, the body is still too thin etc etc.. :huh

Will do my friend! :duff

The new Vader sounds like a bullet I've gladly dodged; a QC comedy of errors. :lol

Best of luck with yours dude (it's unbelievable that even has to be said for a company that's supposedly on their way to rivaling HT.. :rotfl)

:goodpost: Yeah, i mean ya just gotta laugh.

Because Hot Toys has never has quality control issues. :lol

"Hey guys, is your Hot Toys Vader leaking???"

"Hey guys, can you raise your Hot Toys Vader arms without breaking???"

"Hey guys, is your Hot Toys Vader fading???"

Yeah, honestly I find that's kind of a silly dig at the company. SSC is making it right with anyone buying the figure directly, so ultimately, who cares. Fact is the figure looks great and photographs really well. I had problems with the prototype, too, but SSC made a ton of improvements. Don't think you're really calling it like it is, on this one, Vintij.

SSC usually always makes it right. I just find things like totally missing lit sabers etc. funny/ unacceptable. I mean WTH is up with that. Hopefully SS gets whatever the hell is going on under control for next time, cause something is off in that dept. And with all the exchanges etc. thats gotta effect their bottom line i would think.

Stuff like that is unacceptable. All companies do snafu it. My HT Technoir Terminator arrived with the jacket zipper missing and no damaged arm. :dunno

As for bottom line, these toys have lots of markup on them. Nobody is hurting.

Because Hot Toys has never has quality control issues. :lol

"Hey guys, is your Hot Toys Vader leaking???"

"Hey guys, can you raise your Hot Toys Vader arms without breaking???"

"Hey guys, is your Hot Toys Vader fading???"

I might add that I've had to re-glue the magnets in the dx07's heads a few times, re-glue ALL of the pockets and magnets on the blaster holster on luke belt and re-stitch a couple of the jackets buttons...

Back