Best 1/6 SW figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best 1/6 SW figure?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Will do my friend! :duff

The new Vader sounds like a bullet I've gladly dodged; a QC comedy of errors. :lol

Best of luck with yours dude (it's unbelievable that even has to be said for a company that's supposedly on their way to rivaling HT.. :rotfl)

Anyway yeah, Rory's great with his improvements generally, but that pic is still really just smoke & mirrors for the most part. The whole thing is still too big, dome is still too small, the bodysuit still sucks, the body is still too thin etc etc.. :huh

Thanks. Ill let you know what I think when I get it. :)

About the Vader, you take issue with the body and dome etc., but you own innaccurate figures and you're about to buy a Tusken you took a few digs at. My question is, where do you draw the line then? No figure is perfect. The height thing on this figure is pretty lame a seriously a missed opportunity, and I don't get it. But I think the good outweighs the bad here. As far as smoke and mirrors go I think there's a lot of clear, natural lighted pics in the the thread that shows Vader off, and he looks great. Have you been keeping up with the thread?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Because Hot Toys has never has quality control issues. :lol
Of course mate - agreed, but that wasn't really the focal part of the point I was making.. & I perhaps should've elaborated a little better. :lol

The comedy of errors part - was. The broken / missing things - PLUS, the badly executed things on the final figure as I (& many others) have mentioned adnauseum. Some folks might be fine with the package as is - & as long as they're happy, that's the main thing. I just flat out disagree with it being a great figure - period.

Yeah, honestly I find that's kind of a silly dig at the company. SSC is making it right with anyone buying the figure directly, so ultimately, who cares. Fact is the figure looks great and photographs really well. I had problems with the prototype, too, but SSC made a ton of improvements. Don't think you're really calling it like it is, on this one, Vintij.
Refer to my previous post there Sol. :wink1: :duff

Thanks. Ill let you know what I think when I get it. :)

About the Vader, you take issue with the body and dome etc., but you own innaccurate figures and you're about to buy a Tusken you took a few digs at. My question is, where do you draw the line then? No figure is perfect. The height thing on this figure is pretty lame a seriously a missed opportunity, and I don't get it. But I think the good outweighs the bad here. As far as smoke and mirrors go I think there's a lot of clear, natural lighted pics in the the thread that shows Vader off, and he looks great. Have you been keeping up with the thread?
Points acknowledged - & you're right, nothing's ever going to be 100%.

Firstly - regarding the SSC Tusken, I'll weigh things up when I have it in hand, but the short arms & cartoon booties DO bug me. I may mod it - & I may not. A body swap & substitute boots / wraps aren't life long customizing commitments. It's a figure I've wanted for a long time, & the good certainly outweighs the bad in this case.

Now - SSC Vader 2.0..

Without reiterating cliched one liners or comments - Vader IS SW. I want a high end Vader to be FAR better than this offering - minus the distracting trinkets like the chamber thing, & quasi Shaw head (which isn't bad really) - just a piece reflective of a high end price.

HT may not be the ones who deliver such a figure - it may be Tamashii, or some other company down the line. My point is, I'd rather have NOTHING, than this. :)
(to forumites in general)

What's that? I'll be waiting a long time then?

I'm not phased.. one bit. :wave

Read that last sentence in my response to Fiend again, if you want to remind me of the wait I'm up for. :lol

Last edited:
Like Bossk, gonna have to agree to disagree. The vast majority of people that had a problem with the proto have come around with the production piece (and some of them very picky but I would say more open-minded), so I do have a hard time understanding your POV. While I'd welcome a Tamashii or HT Vader, I'm sure I'd still keep this one, too. It's just not anywhere as bad as you're making it out.

:lol

..& in answer to your previous question Fiend, I've been checking into the new Vader thread since the beginning.. I just don't feel the need to comment in there anymore. I've said my piece in there - no need to bang on about it really.

This thread however, is a bit different. If we're gonna put things on pedestals, let's here the case for it - otherwise, prepare for some counter critique. :lol

The best figure Star Wars 1/6 Medicom Darth Maul is I have no doubt, not to speak of the problem I had in the body and neck, which corriguio with the review, let's talk about accuracy and more realistic figure to date.

Back