BEST 1/6 FIGURE OF THE YEAR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually only get 1-2 figures per year, so this year was a personal "record", receiving 5 figures in total. It was more coincidence than anything else - for next year I currently have 2 on pre-order again.

This year I got:
  • HT Batman Forever
  • InArt Joker (rooted)
  • HT ARC Jesse
  • HT Mando Luke Skywalker
  • KP Nosferatu
For me it's a toss up between Joker and Nosferatu. Joker has the great rooted hair and proportions, Nosferatu has the novelty of character and the excellent hand sculpts.
If I had to choose 1, as boring as it might be because of the oversaturation, I would go with Joker though. I simply care more about the character and he stands out more in my display.

If I had received my Gandalf this year (I ordered late...), he surely would have made the #1 spot though.

Many great figures this year. I totally understand the ‘66 Joker, awesome figure. For me it was the Inart DK Joker two pack.

I bought zero 1/6 this year. My last figures were the Batman Forever pair which I opened Xmas day last year. Timing hasn't been good. I'll likely be buying 2023 figures in 2024/5.

INART Gandalf, Joker and Hot Toys Mando Luke for me.

I have the GameToys AC Cloud coming in this week and I think that'll be up there as well but too early to tell.

53253643297_5198463a35_k_d.jpg

53074550634_62c901e7eb_k_d.jpg

52885705661_55e0821996_k_d.jpg

Prize would easily go to Inarts Joker or Gandalf but the cross eyed flaw is unacceptable. It could look decent to downright atrocious. It's luck of the draw on the QC, which is unfortunate.
Funny how some photos will try their best to hide it. Hopefully they start fixing it for the 2024 offerings (like their base magnets).
That leaves top drawer figures like Carnage, Peacemaker, or WB100 Wonder Woman.
I don't like her side eyes, but its better than cross eyed. 🤷

from what I bought,it is Wandavision Scarlet Witch
from everything released,all the Inart figures

I also really like my Yelena from HT

Blitzway's Kurt Cobain was probably the standout figure of the year for me. I'm not even a fan, but it was a great figure that felt special and unique in my collection, and a purchase that reminded me of why I got into 1:6 collecting over 20 years ago.

I haven’t received my InArt Gandalf yet, but when it does I believe it will be the 1:6 figure of 2023/2024 (closely followed by InArt's Aragorn which will more than likely blow away everything that came before it).

Other honourable mentions of 2023:
EXO-6 ST:TMP Admiral Kirk
EXO-6 Seven of Nine
Mars Toys Prank Villain Joker
ArtFigures Scissorhands
Hot Toys Scarlet Witch Wandavision
Kaustic/Infinite Nosferatu

I’ll add InArt’s Joker to the list, which was a pretty spectacular figure, and 6 months ago it would have topped the list, but it somehow lost its charm over time. There’s something about the whole 1:6 Joker project in this hobby that has become oversaturated over-discussed and subsequently diminished in interest over time. Joker is a bucket list item that’s a done deal now and no one can add much of anything new to that. Sure, we’re getting a lot of artisan Jokers, but maybe that topic has plateaued and hit its ceiling. There are plenty of other interesting figures - at half the price or less - that are feeling like much more rewarding purchases.

Blitzway Kurt Cobain.jpg

I think it would be InArt Gandalf if I received it, but from what I have right now:

InArt Joker
Dam Claire
Dam Ada
Mondo Jubilee
Mondo Magneto

I didn't buy much else, HT Green Goblin would probably be in the top 5 if he was more posable lol
(sorry for reposting this, I wanted to think more about the list lol)

Didnt buy one...

But I think Inart Gandalf takes the top spot.
me too. in fact havent for years. only buying old figures and parts to upgrade my sideshow dollies.

no winners for me though.

I didn't buy too many new figures this year and if I did, I sold many of them already so they obviously don't make the cut :lol I mostly bought parts from new figures. Like others have said, InArt Gandalf probably would've made the list had I received mine. BOBF Boba and CAD Bane might've taken a spot or 2, but I won't be receiving those until the New Year.

For what I do have, it's:
  1. ArtFigures Edward Scissorhands. I just love looking at it.
  2. Hot Toys AOTC R2D2. After the crap I went through with multiple copies of the Sideshow version, it was nice to have one that didn’t have issues right out of the box
  3. Hot Toys Iron Man MkIII 2.0. It’s another iron man, but it’s very nicely done, heavy and that satin finish looks so nice
Honorable mentions:
  1. Mars Toys Romero Joker
  2. InArt Joker deluxe (rooted) 2 pack. Even if I'm not over the moon for it like some collectors, it's an impressive set regardless and I can appreciate what it did for the industry.

Last edited:
For me it's Peacemaker. I got some Exo-6 figures too but they're not on the same level.
I'd have to agree with you on that one. That thing went from Trash (solicit) to straight Cash (final release).

Overall though this year was very ho hum I found for licensing excitement. Nothing too exciting.

Hoping 2024 brings some good stuff with some anniversaries.
Agreed, kind of a bum year in terms of releases for me, personally. Looking more forward to what I have on Preorder (Bane, She-Hulk). 3rd Party Kingpin is probably my second place. The Batman would also probably go in here but I may not get that in hand by December 31st. Got the Batcycle though the other day...but it's not a figure.

This was a great year for releases. So many good ones.
Agree, I had a hard time choosing my favorite out of the 5 figures I picked up.
I realized I never added pictures, let me fix that (Mando Luke I got purely to upgrade the sculpt on my ROTJ, and on ARC Jesse I replaced the helmet and backpack).

IMG_0337_2_small.jpg

IMG_0318_3_small.jpg

IMG_9941_2_small.jpg

IMG_0153_2_small.jpg

IMG_0042_2_small.jpg

Back