'Batman: Year One' adaptation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. Love these movies! Wish Liongate could have had this standard with their Marvel animated DTDVD films!

Not sold on 'Ryan' from the OC doing Batman's voice. Looking forward to it all the same!!!

It was really great. I look forward to seeing it again on the 18th.

Looking forward to this very much!!!

Batman: Year One: First Official Clip - YouTube

batman-year-one-blu-ray-cover-image-447x600.jpg

I'm not looking forward to it anymore...it's region 1!!!! :(

Just watched the first clip, McKenzie isn't exactly convincing in what I heard but I'll probably wait to read a few reviews before making my decision.

It's now available to download on iTunes.
I bought it and watched it last night (would have waited for the Blu ray but from what I know it's not being released I'm the UK anytime soon if at all)
So, they weren't lying when they say it's a faithful adaptation and they pretty much copied it word for word. But, for me that wasn't a negative thing, especially since Year One is such an awesome story. It would have been nice if they'd elaborated on some parts or made some particular scenes slightly longer, but as it stands it's still a very enjoyable movie.
The animation is excellent throughout, and flawless in some parts. I love the designs and the atmosphere.
The voices are all excellent aswell except one: Batman. As many people have mentioned and been concerned about, the guy playing Batman just doesn't deliver. He sounds almost like a Batman who's voice hasn't quite broken yet (probably kinda what they were going for) but it doesn't fit the movie or the character. Definitely the films' weakest point.
Overall I'd give it an 8/10 - but mainly cos I love me some serious real-world Batman, which this certainly is!!
One more bad point - iTunes download doesn't include the Catwoman short. Very disappointing.

It's now available to download on iTunes.
I bought it and watched it last night (would have waited for the Blu ray but from what I know it's not being released I'm the UK anytime soon if at all)

Like most of the DC Animated titles this one isn't scheduled for a UK Blu-Ray release but you can import the region free Blu-Ray from Movietyme for the measly sum of £14.99 delivered...

https://www.movietyme.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=52274

Got my copy on order with them & should be here soon.

They are really good I've ordered all my DC Animated's from them & never had any problems.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it though & I'm really looking forward to this one.

Neil

Awesome! Thanks for that - I'm gonna order from there :)

Like most of the DC Animated titles this one isn't scheduled for a UK Blu-Ray release but you can import the region free Blu-Ray from Movietyme for the measly sum of £14.99 delivered...

https://www.movietyme.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=52274

Got my copy on order with them & should be here soon.

They are really good I've ordered all my DC Animated's from them & never had any problems.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it though & I'm really looking forward to this one.

Neil

Yeah, thanks for the info and link Neil! I'll definitely give them a go. I really enjoyed the film and it'll be great to see it in HD, and see the Catwoman short too. Eliza Dushku was a lot better than I was expecting as Catwoman.

Back