'Batman: Year One' adaptation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched It on Bluray and loved it. Even loved the Catwoman short film. Just wished that the best buy figurine was a Gordon which I thought was gonna be. Can't wait for Justice League: Doom

I do agree that GORDON: Year One was a good film as well as the oversexualized Catwoman film. Watching Catwoman on both films was strange since one was borderline Wonder Woman/Xenia , and the other one was...well, Catwoman.

I do agree that GORDON: Year One was a good film as well as the oversexualized Catwoman film. Watching Catwoman on both films was strange since one was borderline Wonder Woman/Xenia , and the other one was...well, Catwoman.

:lol :goodpost: :exactly:

Saw those 2 films consecutive as well. :hi5:

I'll rate this 7/10

i enjoyed it, i don't think it's mckenzie's voice that was the problem... but the delivery....

:goodpost::lecture

I had no problem with the voice but the fact that he DIDN'T ACT!!! He deadpanned all of his dialogue and never had one strong emotion about anything. Of all the Batman stories to screw up the casting on this was the wrong one.

Bryan Cranston as Gordon was great but that's no surprise. The biggest saving grace of the whole movie.

Katie Sackhoff is wasted as Essen. She has maybe ten lines. She should have played Catwoman. Instead Selina is poorly voiced by Eliza Dushku who is the second biggest casting blunder.

The animation didn't hold up to some of the other recent DC direct to Blu movies. Some of the biggest action scenes weren't nearly kinetic enough and perhaps too slavish to the comic page. The scene with the SWAT team against Batman in the old building needed a good action director.

I wanted to like this so much more. One of my favorite Batman stories poorly adapted. So frustrating.

Back