Batman Live

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOLY LOAD OF CRAP, BATMAN!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UYrT3jxdW0&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Batman[/ame]

That was quite something...still dont know if I should be happy or smack my head on the wall about this...

A lot of so called "Batman fans" are showing that they only jumped on board after the Nolan films set sail. The villain outfits are very faithful to the comics (Shame about Harley though) and the show seems to embrace all facets of the comics, cartoons, games, and movies. I was worried when I first saw this myself, but then I remembered what I liked about Batman when I was a kid. I think that's why I like The Brave and the Bold

I think the younger ones will have been introduced to Batman because of Nolan but there are Burton fans amoung us, comic fans, Adam West fans!! and personally I love The Animated series. This Batman live looks so bad because it is bringing back the chills of Schumacher..it looks very camp, bright and over the top.

I don't see how anybody with kids could be anything less than extremely stoked for this. For those who don't have kids: your princess is in another castle. Quit hatin'.

Yeah - don't really understand the hate.

We've all got TDKR to look fwd to in terms of a serious tone proper Batman experience.

This is just a bit of fun on the side.

A lot of so called "Batman fans" are showing that they only jumped on board after the Nolan films set sail. The villain outfits are very faithful to the comics (Shame about Harley though) and the show seems to embrace all facets of the comics, cartoons, games, and movies. I was worried when I first saw this myself, but then I remembered what I liked about Batman when I was a kid. I think that's why I like The Brave and the Bold

Yeah, well as a "so called Batman Fan" for the past FORTY-SIX YEARS, what infuriates me about this is that it takes what is essentially a Six Flags show (which were fun and kid-friendly,) and slathers it in glitz, charging the punters $75+ per ticket. It smacks of someone seeing STAR WARS IN CONCERT (which was glorious,) and trying to duplicate it with Batman, in a clear attempt to milk the property of every last cent. What they lost in translation was the STAR WARS' show dignity and class.

If SPIDER-MAN: TURN OFF THE DARK was the Broadway equivalent of a trip to FAO Schwarz, then this is a trip to BIG LOTS.

I love BRAVE AND THE BOLD, by the way. It's loads of fun and never disrespects the characters. They would have done well to adapt that into a stage show.

all the negative sand-in-vajayjay fanny-slapping in this thread got me interested... and i booked some tickets for the O2. before 1989, before i started reading comics and before i understood what batman really was, this is what batman was to me, and at the time i enjoyed that. since then i've always seen "batman" as a dichotomous creation and i'm looking forward to revisiting this nostalgiac campy side that i like to forget in favour of the darker bat. just for 1 night.

What did they do to Harley Quinn? We get our first true official live version of Harley and they change her that much? Why?

It would be cool if Hot Toys made the Batman or Batmobile.
bmlive1.jpg

bmlive.jpg

bmlive3.jpg

:)

My mate made the cowl for that and the prototype version of the suit. Believe me there's a looong story behind how they ended up with this final design.

Back