Batman Live

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the Gotham city seats worth it you think?
It's coming December 10 and 11 in the Netherlands Rotterdam and I want to go I'm just thinking if those seats are worth it. Considering your on the floor isn't your view blocked by people and like half the stage can't be seen and such?

Very cool. I hope it's a success, be great to see more comic franchises reach the stage in that fashion. Hope they can avoid some of the more publicized travails that Spider-Man encountered on Broadway.

Are the Gotham city seats worth it you think?
It's coming December 10 and 11 in the Netherlands Rotterdam and I want to go I'm just thinking if those seats are worth it. Considering your on the floor isn't your view blocked by people and like half the stage can't be seen and such?

For most things like this (Sesame Street Live, Wiggles, etc), yes. Plus you have the added frustration of any cast running around the floor during the performance to "enhance the experience" and accidentally terrifying children into shrieking for the rest of the performance. Usually, if you can catch it from a level higher than the stage, you'll see everything a LOT better.

For most things like this (Sesame Street Live, Wiggles, etc), yes. Plus you have the added frustration of any cast running around the floor during the performance to "enhance the experience" and accidentally terrifying children into shrieking for the rest of the performance. Usually, if you can catch it from a level higher than the stage, you'll see everything a LOT better.

Dead right. My son and I had Gotham City seats in Glasgow last week. We were right next to the stage but on the side, and the Joker's goons were running past us but the people in central, further back seats undoubtedly got a better view. For us the screen action was separate from the stage action and this spoiled it a bit. Get tickets as central as you can.
All that said, as long as you don't go looking for the new Batman movie, it's fantastic stuff. Loud, colourful, spectacular, and enjoyable.

I saw it last night at the Birmingham N.I.A great show i didn't expect it to be as good as it was.The stage was great we were about half way up which is about the right height to take in the entire stage. Harley and Joker were great and stole the show.Joker has some great toys to play with i'd list them but i don't want to spoil anything.All in all a fun night out you get what you expect from a Batman stage show.

I am so ____ing jealous that this isn't in America. Hopefully it's popular enough to be brought over here. Congrats to those of you who have seen/will see this play, it looks amazing.

I'm crying on the inside, full waterworks. :rotfl

I saw it last night and I love it every second so much fun! You should of heard all the kids screaming! Great atmosphere!!!!

I am so ____ing jealous that this isn't in America. Hopefully it's popular enough to be brought over here. Congrats to those of you who have seen/will see this play, it looks amazing.

I'm crying on the inside, full waterworks. :rotfl

I'd assumed it was here first to iron out the bugs before going to the US. It's doing great business here, getting great reviews, and I assume by the time it gets to you guys it'll be even bigger and more spectacular.

Enjoy. :clap

I took my seven year old son to see it last night. He loved it.

I have to say it was all a bit camp and Schumaccerish for me. The 3D visuals and sets were really good. Particularly the huge joker head and his hot air balloon. But the fight scenes were pathetic. Like watching a ballet. It's defo for your kids. I prefer Nolan's take on Batman these days, can't really watch that type of BIFF! POW! stuff these days.

SSquid

I think the Nolan films are awesome, but I am sick of people wishing everything Batman nowadays has to be Dark and brooding. Batman was on the bizarre side way before Schumacher. Anyway it was not the look I had a problem with in Batman and Robin, it was the terrible script including the bad jokes.

Great fun. I definitely recommend it to anybody who's is a fan of the comics and cartoons. The Joker was amazing, his look reminded me of the Arkham Asylum joker, he also sounded like Mark Hamill too. It's worth going just to see the Batmobile come on stage. There is lots of other great stuff too, but I don't want to spoil it for you

I'll definitely check this out once it hits stateside. Will most likely take the boy. We'll have a blast, I'm sure.

Back