BATMAN Film Universe, Post-Nolan Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They need an actor who could work well with and look good next to Cavill's Superman.

Should they cast younger or older for the reboot?

Armie Hammer was going to be Bruce Wayne/Batman in the JL film that got shelved when the Hollywood writers strike hit. I still think he'd make a good one, but since he's now The Lone Ranger I'm not sure how viable a choice he'd be. But he's the right age, has the right look, and is a good actor.

I'm surprised there's not a big cry for Del Toro. He seems to be the perfect fit for what it appears a lot of people are wanting.

He brings too much of his own baggage, I think. Ala Burton, it would be a GDT film first, Batman film second. We don't need that again, either.

If Elysium turns out I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Neil Blomkamp's name start popping up for big time projects like this.

Now that's a name that'd get me instantly intrigued. I love his gritty, street-level approach to films. I think that'd work well for Batman.

I'm surprised there's not a big cry for Del Toro. He seems to be the perfect fit for what it appears a lot of people are wanting.

I wasn't impressed with his Hellboy films and Blade II also was average

Pans labrynth is great and hearing great things about pacific rim..

oh_hell_no_cat.jpg

:lol
Who'd be your choice?

How about Karl Urban? His acting can be sharp enough for a Uber Smart-Detective-type of Bruce Wayne.

Urban.jpg

If Elysium turns out I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Neil Blomkamp's name start popping up for big time projects like this.

Now that's a name that'd get me instantly intrigued. I love his gritty, street-level approach to films. I think that'd work well for Batman.

That's the other name I was about to suggest

I think Elysium could be a big hit

Loved District 9

Who'd be your choice?

Someone like Doug Liman who's good with action and storytelling or maybe Michael Mann who can balance an ensemble cast (while the actors may/may not be, the characters will be).

How about Karl Urban? His acting can be sharp enough for a Uber Smart-Detective-type of Bruce Wayne.

Urban.jpg

His "American" accent is horrible.

He can probably work on the Batman voice as early as now, and maybe the "horrible American accent" will disappear? :lol

I dont really like when Hollywood casts actors as multiple superheroes, Chris Evans worked out well but thats it. Urban is playing Judge Dredd and it be to wierd, they both have raspy voices AND you only see there chins for the most part. It wouldnt work.

For a Director, there some cool names being thrown around But Nolan wasnt known like these guys back in 05 when begins came out, atleast for me, i knew of Memento but he himself wasnt on my radar, mabey they need to look for a lesser known guy with a vision, but also has the B@lls to go all out and deliver a kick a$$ movie

TDKR ended amazingly, im so proud of the trilogy so i think the only move from here is a full reboot.

My favorite choices for Bruce are John Hamm and Joe Manganiello. It'd be nice to have a Batman who looks like the comic version for a change.

:lol Not yet, so maybe he qualifies for a Batman Beyond role of Bruce Wayne. :lol

Back