BATMAN Film Universe, Post-Nolan Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a difference between being "ground in reality" and wanting to distance yourself as much as possible from the fantastical elements of the source material. This is the fine line that Nolan often stumbled over.

I agree. Especially with him being more of a detective. I love Nolan's films - obviously, but I feel like they lacked that huge detail that I grew up with. It'd be nice to see that. =]

I'm all for a Arkham Aslyum/Arkham City look ESP his costume.

I was JUST about to say this. I feel like that look & vibe would transfer very well on screen.

Also, I would like to see a film where they give the less popular villains the spotlight. (Zsasz, Killer Croc, etc) It'd be nice to see something completely new - but I'm not sure how the general public would take that.

If not, I'd love to see an AC type of Joker. Mark Hamill style. That would easily work on screen & I'm surprised no one has done it yet. Some one NEEDS to jump on that.

It's gonna be fun predicting who would be capable of being the next Bruce Wayne. Any ideas?

I pray the next Batman series does have more of a comic book take, and it definitely needs to bring Batman's detective abilities to the forefront. If you could ever assign a "superpower" to Batman, it's that. And yes, for God's sake, get rid of the rubber suits.

Do I want to see a different take? Absolutely. That being said, as much as we need an interconnected universe, we also need to see the other side of Batman: the patriarch that is so committed to the pursuit of justice, that he has a Bat-family to help him. I want Robin, Nightwing, and Batgirl to get accurate silver screen representations. :lecture

You mean all of them together! That would be damn crowded! But it could be fun, you never know. :D

Bat_Outlaw_3_48.jpg

I pray the next Batman series does have more of a comic book take, and it definitely needs to bring Batman's detective abilities to the forefront. If you could ever assign a "superpower" to Batman, it's that. And yes, for God's sake, get rid of the rubber suits.

A comic book take would be refreshing to see, but I fear that they could end up like Schumacher's films. Cheesy, bland & not able to transfer well on the big screen. I'd hate to see another Batman disaster occur.

A comic book take would be refreshing to see, but I fear that they could end up like Schumacher's films. Cheesy, bland & not able to transfer well on the big screen. I'd hate to see another Batman disaster occur.

I think we've seen by now that it's possible to translate comics to live action without making them silly. I don't understand the point of doing a comic book movie if you're going to take the comic book out of it. The more realistic you make it, the more absurd the comic elements seem by comparison.

The biggest part of that is make him a detective. Can't you just picture Nolan directing JGL as the new Batman (in a less bulky costume) with Jim Gordon's help trying to solve acrime spree by a Guy Pearce/Riddler?

Not a big fan of the "bat-family" outside Alfred and Grayson.

I think when you start tacking on multiple Robins, Batgirl, Huntress, etc. it becomes too much. Outside of Robin/Nightwing I'm not too fond of the other side kicks. It starts looking really silly.

For me, there's Batman who's solo for a few years, that "creature of the night" Batman that the criminal element fear. Then a few years later Robin comes in to help fight Batman's war on crime. That classic dynamic duo quality where Robin is a protege.

Not a big fan of the "bat-family" outside Alfred and Grayson.

I think when you start tacking on multiple Robins, Batgirl, Huntress, etc. it becomes too much. Outside of Robin/Nightwing I'm not too fond of the other side kicks.

For me, there's Batman who's solo for a few years, that "creature of the night" Batman that the criminal element fear. Then a few years later Robin comes in to help fight Batman's war on crime. That classic dynamic duo quality where Robin is a protege.

Do no live action BRAVE AND THE BOLD in your future then? :lol

The only thing I am not fully in-line with is the Grant Morrison thing. He's written some great Batman stories, yes, but he's also been responsible for some pretty lame ones as well. And I wouldn't want it to get TOO strange and science-fictiony.

Other than that... I'm in 100% agreement with all of his points.

no grant morrison :lecture

Morrison's zanier side actually works with Superman (in moderation). But with Batman it's just... too whacked.

I'd like a semi-continuation of Nolan's Batman, at least in atmosphere and tone, and the psychological nature of the villains (not a Blake Batman, and not a direct sequel -- just similar). I understand that there are lighter interpretations ... but I don't like them nearly as much. I'd suggest basing it, instead of mainly on Miller -- on someone like Azzarello and Bermejo. Really gritty and twisted, but not totally eliminating the fantastical. Lots of belt buckles and stuff on the batsuit -- more homemade looking. Almost a Year:100 look.

I wouldn't mind a few of the more fantastical villains -- Freeze, Croc, Clayface -- making an appearance alongside some of the more realistic ones -- Penguin, Riddler, Hush, Harley. Just take the universe seriously ... there needs to be some psychology to the villains (and not like ASM's Lizard -- "I will make everybody into lizards!!" Bleh.)

I don't want another Batman origin story. As far as I'm concerned, Nolan's origin is definitive -- the movie version of Batman: Year One. No need for any retelling at all. Everybody knows the story. Start as if the Batman Begins origin is canon ... because it is.

I think the real way to start a reboot is to do a definitive Robin: Year One story -- one that takes Grayson's origin as seriously as Nolan takes Batman's. Batman has been done. The portion of his story that remains to be told is Robin ... who, what, why?

They could even take-on a new Robin in each sequel ... Grayson's origin in 1; Todd's origin and Grayson's graduation to Nightwing in 2 culminating in Todd's death at the Joker's hands; Drake's origin in 3, maybe even with Todd's return as the Red Hood.

Blend all that with a couple of Justice League movies (with Batman, Nightwing and the Robins), and you've got yourself a fairly extensive Bat family.

SnakeDoc

They should make it a loose continuation of what was set up in BB and TDK so they don't have to start from scratch. They can easily make it more stylized and fantastical without contradicting the premise of the first two films. All they have to do is have Batman already an established crime-fighter, maybe even with Robin and Nightwing, and have them kicking ass from the start.

Take the scope and drama of the Nolan-verse, throw in the gothic style of Tim Burton's original, and embrace the mythology comic book and you have the perfect Batman series. Hell, just make a two-hour, live action episode of BTAS and it couldn't be topped.

I still don't understand why WB haven't asked Paul Dini and Bruce Timm to work as executive producers or creative consultants on the films. THOSE would be the definitive Bat-films.

I want a real to see some more of those wacked villains. Like Clayface. And a real Mr. Freeze.

And a new Joker. More classical. More deadly. Not a single bit like Heath's take.

Back