1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that I've seen the Jazzinc in person, its definitely a grail in its own right. Again, some people may have a different opinion about that but, for me, it's definitely a must have. I grabbed my 89' batmobile, placed it next to the Jazzinc Justice and snapped a quick pic. The lengths are similar and the Justice mobile definitely wider. I'm no photographer but hopefully this pic will give you a better idea in regards to the size comparison.
63a0a259be9930f423ba9e178d1be684.jpg

Thank you so much the picture definitely helps. It does looks like they are similar in proportions. I thought the BVS would be a lot longer and wider than the 89 but not too big of a difference I think.
I think Jazzinc has few more canceled orders so I might just go ahead and get it. Btw, did you get yours with the JL upgrade kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much the picture definitely helps. It does looks like they are similar in proportions. I thought the BVS would be a lot longer and wider than the 89 but not too big of a difference I think.
I think Jazzinc has few more canceled orders so I might just go ahead and get it. Btw, did you get yours with the JL upgrade kit?

I actually passed on the JL kit especially since I don't have JL Batman anymore(sold him a while back).

I actually passed on the JL kit especially since I don't have JL Batman anymore(sold him a while back).

Gotcha. I do have the JL deluxe Batman and that?s the only Batffleck I have. I think the tactical would look better with the JL kit. I don?t know the kit is like $200. Not that much but adds for sure to the already heavy price (shipping included).

Gotcha. I do have the JL deluxe Batman and that?s the only Batffleck I have. I think the tactical would look better with the JL kit. I don?t know the kit is like $200. Not that much but adds for sure to the already heavy price (shipping included).

That's for sure. Even if I still had JL Batman, I would still prefer to display my BvS batman with this beast.

Would you have gotten the JL kit if you had Batman?
But back to the main topic, yeah the 1989 Batmobile is definitely the one grail to have if I had to pick only one.

Would you have gotten the JL kit if you had Batman?
But back to the main topic, yeah the 1989 Batmobile is definitely the one grail to have if I had to pick only one.

If I still had JL Batman I still wouldn't get the JL kit. I mean its a cool add on but not for an additional $200. The Justice mobile is pricey enough on its own.

That's awesome you have the 89' batmobile and in that case I would definitely recommend getting the Jazzinc Justice mobile if you're able to. Joost will allow you to place your order on a pay plan which is helpful.

If I still had JL Batman I still wouldn't get the JL kit. I mean its a cool add on but not for an additional $200. The Justice mobile is pricey enough on its own.

That's awesome you have the 89' batmobile and in that case I would definitely recommend getting the Jazzinc Justice mobile if you're able to. Joost will allow you to place your order on a pay plan which is helpful.

Yeah I am so the fence for the JL kit because of these reasons. And I reached tour to him but I can only do full payment as I?ll be getting a canceled order. At least that what he said. Hence why hesitant about the JL kit. Question, is the cockpit of the BVS as detailed as the HT Batmobile?

The 89 movie was THE movie that brought batman back to the big screen and it was a really big deal. People around during that time will always remember the three biggest stars of the movie: Nicholson, Keaton, and the 89 batmobile (Basinger took a back seat to all of them IMO).

Regardless of how one might feel about the BvS/JL/Nolan movies, 1989 started it all back up, and one of the biggest stars was the car.

The 1989 batmobile is a grail.

. . . but so is the 1966 Batmobile. Hopefully, we'll see that get made, as well.

89 brought Batman back to cinema, wut.

What Batman movie existed before 89.

Are you referring to that silly 66 movie lol

Was 66 released theatrically or was it a made for tv movie.

I still consider 89 to be the first theatrical Batman movie even if 66 was released theatrically that movie doesn?t count lol

Now that I've seen the Jazzinc in person, its definitely a grail in its own right. Again, some people may have a different opinion about that but, for me, it's definitely a must have. I grabbed my 89' batmobile, placed it next to the Jazzinc Justice and snapped a quick pic. The lengths are similar and the Justice mobile definitely wider. I'm no photographer but hopefully this pic will give you a better idea in regards to the size comparison.
63a0a259be9930f423ba9e178d1be684.jpg

As much as the 89 car is a legend of cinema the HT 89 vehicle is not a proper representation and why I eventually sold it.

Made even more evident in your top down photo the HT 89 stubby front section always bugged me most of all the issues it had man look how bad it looks there yikes.

At least Jazzinc released a great looking well proportioned BvS batmobile.

I am a fan of 89 (obviously Returns), Tumbler, BvS and Arkham vehicles.

Forever and B&R are ridiculous lol

I still consider 89 to be the first theatrical Batman movie even if 66 was released theatrically that movie doesn?t count lol

I agree that the 66 was a silly movie, but I still remember my parents taking me to see a re-release of it in the mid/late-70's at a local theater for a good report card. As a kid, that was huge to me, so I still count it. Besides, you could tell that they clearly went all out on the budget for the movie. I mean, the special effects for the big shark had to set them back some serious money :lol

I like ALL of the batmobiles, just some more than others.

I have never seen the 66 Batmobile show as I was not alive when it came out and after I saw the 89 movie, the show did seem silly and I just couldn?t. But I?m sure that for a lot of people and for it?s time had a huge impact. Still 1989 Batman and the batmobile are one of those movies/cars that to me are timeless.

As much as the 89 car is a legend of cinema the HT 89 vehicle is not a proper representation and why I eventually sold it.

Made even more evident in your top down photo the HT 89 stubby front section always bugged me most of all the issues it had man look how bad it looks there yikes.

At least Jazzinc released a great looking well proportioned BvS batmobile.

I am a fan of 89 (obviously Returns), Tumbler, BvS and Arkham vehicles.

Forever and B&R are ridiculous lol

I really think this bulky feeling is due to the rims that are too much bright contrasting with the deep black of the car. The rims of the real car were much more darker. HT should have done it darker.
I’ve painted them in black, as the sides of the tires, and this bulky effect almost immediately vanished.

But even stock, this is still a wonderful piece. And even with little flaws we were lucky that it miraculously saw the light of day.
IMO, the most important is not if it’s a 100% accurate Batmobile, but the feeling and mood it gives and for many of us, it allowed us the intense pleasure to recreate that:

I still think it is the most iconic Batmobile.

I really think this bulky feeling is due to the rims that are too much bright contrasting with the deep black. The rims of the real car were much more dark. HT should have done it darker.
I?ve painted them in black, as the sides of the tires, and this bulky effect almost vanished.

But even stock, this is still a wonderful piece. And even with little flaws we had the chance that it miraculously saw the light of day.
I still think it is the most iconic Batmobile.

Very good point and I agree with you. I did not think about it at all but now that you mentioned it, does make sense. How did you paint the rims? What did you use? Also, there is something about the 1989 Batmobile that just makes him look bad ass and timeless. Not sure what it is lol

I got sick of dusting so I put the shield over mine as a dustcover - anyone ever notice that the rear-wheel portion of the shield doesn't line up with the actual wheels?

I got sick of dusting so I put the shield over mine as a dustcover - anyone ever notice that the rear-wheel portion of the shield doesn't line up with the actual wheels?

I don?t remember if I have noticed that. I?ll have to check. As for dusting, it takes me literally 10-15sec to wipe the dust with microfiber cloth. But having the cover on is another classic look too.

I don?t remember if I have noticed that. I?ll have to check. As for dusting, it takes me literally 10-15sec to wipe the dust with microfiber cloth. But having the cover on is another classic look too.

Oh the cover is less than ideal, personally I wouldn't display it but in the absence of a proper display case for the Batmobile I figure the Shields look is better than having the car covered over by a big plastic bag which is what I used to do.

I don't really like dusting it because even using those clothes that Hot Toys themselves provided I think I've caused all kinds of scratches - you also never fully get rid of all the dust in the grilles, the line detailing and the window frames - or even the dust redepositing on the car before your very eyes while you're dusting.

Oh the cover is less than ideal, personally I wouldn't display it but in the absence of a proper display case for the Batmobile I figure the Shields look is better than having the car covered over by a big plastic bag which is what I used to do.

I don't really like dusting it because even using those clothes that Hot Toys themselves provided I think I've caused all kinds of scratches - you also never fully get rid of all the dust in the grilles, the line detailing and the window frames - or even the dust redepositing on the car before your very eyes while you're dusting.

Dang now we make me wanna inspect mine thoroughly when I get back home. I have it on a KALLAX shelve but you make me really consider some sort of a case if it turns out to be full with dust in those spots you mentioned.

Back