1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would old man Keaton Batman still be using the same Batmobile? Hopefully.

Probably not, but they could easily sneak a cameo of it being in the Batcave, the Animated Series did this all the time, showing the old Batmobile even though he's using a new one.

So Keaton will be playing a 70 year old Batman or will they be using that de-aging technology on him?

Most likely both ala Nick Fury in Captain Marvel.

HT issued Tumbler 4 times.

They would have no problem reissuing this if the opportunity arises.

I hope your right! :pray:

I passed the first time because of lack of space and having nowhere to put it at the time. What a stupid mistake that was, :slap now I would grab it and let that be a future me problem.

I wonder between the 1989 Batmobile and the Jazzinc BVS/JL mobile, which one do you guys consider to be more of a grail for you and a must have if only one was the option?

I wonder between the 1989 Batmobile and the Jazzinc BVS/JL mobile, which one do you guys consider to be more of a grail for you and a must have if only one was the option?

89 and it's not even a fair contest.

I mean, the BvS car is cool and all, but I've never seen any non-Batman fans being wowed by it. The 89 car is not only iconic as you could ask anyone and they would probably know what it is, but also more in line with what a traditional modern Batmobile would look like, it is still after all the basis of all designs for most iterations of the car (including the BvS one).

I mean, the BvS car is cool and all, but I've never seen any non-Batman fans being wowed by it. The 89 car is not only iconic as you could ask anyone and they would probably know what it is, but also more in line with what a traditional modern Batmobile would look like, it is still after all the basis of all designs for most iterations of the car (including the BvS one).

That's a really good point. I am definitely for the 89 one as well as it is part of my childhood. But the BVS one has certain level of badass look hence why I asked myself that question and wanted to to see what other think. I am also debating on whether to get the BVS from Jazzinc (from waitlist).

The 89 movie was THE movie that brought batman back to the big screen and it was a really big deal. People around during that time will always remember the three biggest stars of the movie: Nicholson, Keaton, and the 89 batmobile (Basinger took a back seat to all of them IMO).

Regardless of how one might feel about the BvS/JL/Nolan movies, 1989 started it all back up, and one of the biggest stars was the car.

The 1989 batmobile is a grail.

. . . but so is the 1966 Batmobile. Hopefully, we'll see that get made, as well.

That's a really good point. I am definitely for the 89 one as well as it is part of my childhood. But the BVS one has certain level of badass look hence why I asked myself that question and wanted to to see what other think. I am also debating on whether to get the BVS from Jazzinc (from waitlist).

Personally, I would hold off for the Arkham mobile that Jazzinc will be making and get the 89 one first, hear me out.

While I love the designs of all of the Batmobiles, as others have said the 89 car is just the quintessential Batmobile and I was a bit disappointed that the BvS car was not an evolution of the concept the way say, the Tumbler redefined the car as a brute force machine rather than a speedster. The Arkham car on the other hand had the best of both worlds, it has the aesthetics of the classic jet dragster while also being able to convert into an urban assault vehicle. It actually feels like a real life car that Batman would use to fight crime. In my opinion, it trumps the BvS car in form and function and it's something I would love to have next to the 98 and 66 cars.

batman-arkham-knight-batmobile-trailer.jpg

Hopefully, we'll see that get made, as well.

JazzInc confirmed that the 66 is being made! :rock

The 89 movie was THE movie that brought batman back to the big screen and it was a really big deal. People around during that time will always remember the three biggest stars of the movie: Nicholson, Keaton, and the 89 batmobile (Basinger took a back seat to all of them IMO).

Regardless of how one might feel about the BvS/JL/Nolan movies, 1989 started it all back up, and one of the biggest stars was the car.

The 1989 batmobile is a grail.

. . . but so is the 1966 Batmobile. Hopefully, we'll see that get made, as well.

Absolutely agree! And thats why I got the 1989 Batmobile (even not at retail). A true grail piece. But wonder if with the upcoming flash movie those two batmobiles will turn to be the the icons. The one from the past that started all and the present one that we might be seeing for awhile.

Personally, I would hold off for the Arkham mobile that Jazzinc will be making and get the 89 one first, hear me out.

While I love the designs of all of the Batmobiles, as others have said the 89 car is just the quintessential Batmobile and I was a bit disappointed that the BvS car was not an evolution of the concept the way say, the Tumbler redefined the car as a brute force machine rather than a speedster. The Arkham car on the other hand had the best of both worlds, it has the aesthetics of the classic jet dragster while also being able to convert into an urban assault vehicle. It actually feels like a real life car that Batman would use to fight crime. In my opinion, it trumps the BvS car in form and function and it's something I would love to have next to the 98 and 66 cars.

batman-arkham-knight-batmobile-trailer.jpg

JazzInc confirmed that the 66 is being made! :rock

Thats an interesting view and you have a point. The Arkham Knight batmobile does embodies the best of both world to some extend. Not sure about feeling like a real life car a Batman would drive to fight crime. But the battle mode aspect of it is really an impressive feature. Btw I did get the 1989 one and really considering if I should get the BVS but now reading your input on the matter it might be a tough choice to choose between the two. Has Jazzinc confirmed he will be making the Arkham Knight batmobile?

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! When was this?

Not too long ago when he got the license from WB.

Has Jazzinc confirmed he will be making the Arkham Knight batmobile?

I asked and he said "most likely". It seems he wants to get the Forever mobile out first since the Arkham car would be the most complex and biggest Batmobile.

Have you played the Arkham Knight game? That would definitely help you come to a desision. If you get the Premium Edition with all the DLC you have access to the 66, 89, Tumbler and BvS cars to drive as well.

It's all personal preference bud. I have the 89' batmobile(Hot Toys). I have and will always love the 89' batmobile because, like a majority of us, that's the batman I grew up watching. With that being said, I just got my Jazzinc Justice mobile delivered yesterday and this thing is nuts in person. Both vehicles are unique in they're own way so for me, they're both equally badass. BUT... if I could only choose one... I'd go with the 89'. It's a tough decision. I almost passed on the Justice mobile but I'm glad to hell I didn't. Let us know which one you decide to get[emoji482].

Not too long ago when he got the license from WB.

I asked and he said "most likely". It seems he wants to get the Forever mobile out first since the Arkham car would be the most complex and biggest Batmobile.

Have you played the Arkham Knight game? That would definitely help you come to a desision. If you get the Premium Edition with all the DLC you have access to the 66, 89, Tumbler and BvS cars to drive as well.

Hahah It is funny that you mentioned that. Yes I have played the game and recently I actually went back and picked up the BVS to help me decide if I should bite the bullet and get it lol. Since HT will probably never release their version (which had electronics and automated parts). So the Jazzinc BVS it the only 1/6th scale that exists but the price is quite hefty with shipping and JL upgrade kit. The Arkham Knight will probably definitely be preorder but yeah it will be awhile if he plans to get the Forever one out first.

It's all personal preference bud. I have the 89' batmobile(Hot Toys). I have and will always love the 89' batmobile because, like a majority of us, that's the batman I grew up watching. With that being said, I just got my Jazzinc Justice mobile delivered yesterday and this thing is nuts in person. Both vehicles are unique in they're own way so for me, they're both equally badass. BUT... if I could only choose one... I'd go with the 89'. It's a tough decision. I almost passed on the Justice mobile but I'm glad to hell I didn't. Let us know which one you decide to get[emoji482].

Thank you so much for your opinion and input. I do have the 1989 HT Batmobile and I like you grew up with the 1989 Batman and Batman Returns. Those were the first Batman feature films that I saw as a kid on a VHS. Now the question is do is the Jazzinc BVS worth getting or stay with the one and only grail. Do you thing the Jazzinc overshadows the 1989 HT Batmobile? Like is the size significantly bigger?

Thank you so much for your opinion and input. I do have the 1989 HT Batmobile and I like you grew up with the 1989 Batman and Batman Returns. Those were the first Batman feature films that I saw as a kid on a VHS. Now the question is do is the Jazzinc BVS worth getting or stay with the one and only grail. Do you thing the Jazzinc overshadows the 1989 HT Batmobile? Like is the size significantly bigger?
Now that I've seen the Jazzinc in person, its definitely a grail in its own right. Again, some people may have a different opinion about that but, for me, it's definitely a must have. I grabbed my 89' batmobile, placed it next to the Jazzinc Justice and snapped a quick pic. The lengths are similar and the Justice mobile definitely wider. I'm no photographer but hopefully this pic will give you a better idea in regards to the size comparison.
63a0a259be9930f423ba9e178d1be684.jpg

Back