1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the confirmation from set pictures that this Batmobile is going to appear in The Flash, what are the odds that HT will re-release this?
I somehow doubt it. I think it was a loss leader the first time. Then again they shipped two Hulkbusters so you never know.

I find it odd that Keaton’s Batman is still using the same Batmobile after 30 years? I would imagine he would upgraded to a different model, right? No one drives the same car for 30 years, let alone a super rich vigilante?

Yeah, he should've been on Mark 85 Nano-mobile by then ...

As I said in the Flash speculation thread, initially I would have highly doubted about it.
If I remember correctly the 89 Batmobile was a nightmare concerning QC and shipping and maybe it weighted when the 66 was in production, like the Delorean Part II cancelled as well.
I thought HT was done with vehicles. Too big, too expensive to produce and too fragile too ship.
But who knows when I see the Tumbler reissued.

With the confirmation from set pictures that this Batmobile is going to appear in The Flash, what are the odds that HT will re-release this?

I find it odd that Keaton’s Batman is still using the same Batmobile after 30 years? I would imagine he would upgraded to a different model, right? No one drives the same car for 30 years, let alone a super rich vigilante?

It's impossible to tell what Hot Toys would do, and all the speculation is just a waste of energy unfortunately. I know a lot of friends deliberately skipped out on this, the Keaton and Joker figures because "they heard" or "they felt" a reissue is coming, fact is it's great if it happens, but no one knows.

As for the Batmobile being in the Batcave leaks, it's clearly meant for fanservice and it would be odd if the car didn't appeared in some form or another. In various Batman media, he tends to keep his old vehicles and costumes displayed even when surpassed by a new one.

Ya know, I constantly talk about the buyer's remorse I have with this thing. It sits in the corner of my spare room on a table with the cocoon shields on a a dust cover.

Well, it was filthy. Can't even remember the last time I cleaned it. So I carefully cleaned the cocoon and it's actually really easy to clean so that's nice.

And then I saw the car. I don't see it often. Maybe once or twice a year cause I always just keep the damn lid over it. Thankfully not dusty either, cause of the "shields."

I gave it a gentle once over...checked the tires, they're just fine. Tried the lights but they were weak so I removed the batteries.

If you've had the batteries in for a long time....take them out!! Don't let them get old and leak!!!

But you know what? I really DO like this thing. It's beautiful, it's big, it's a model of the finest car ever assembled for a film. Maybe I will hold on to it for a while longer. I should take the cover off and appreciate it more often.

So again, just an FYI....don't forget to check the batteries on these!!

Hard to get rid of this beauty!

Boxed up since 2018 and the birth of my son but hope I will can display it again soon!
IMO still the best Batmobile from the best Batman movie and the purchase that seriously put me in the hobby back to 2013.
It was a dream to be able to replicate this:

still remember the 2011 SDCC pics. I was so shocked!

Will ever have a special connection with it.

And you, what’s your history whit it and your pics! :)

Last edited:
Hard to get these two in the same frame together!

DSC_0020.jpg

Ya know, I constantly talk about the buyer's remorse I have with this thing. It sits in the corner of my spare room on a table with the cocoon shields on a a dust cover.

Well, it was filthy. Can't even remember the last time I cleaned it. So I carefully cleaned the cocoon and it's actually really easy to clean so that's nice.

And then I saw the car. I don't see it often. Maybe once or twice a year cause I always just keep the damn lid over it. Thankfully not dusty either, cause of the "shields."

I gave it a gentle once over...checked the tires, they're just fine. Tried the lights but they were weak so I removed the batteries.

If you've had the batteries in for a long time....take them out!! Don't let them get old and leak!!!

But you know what? I really DO like this thing. It's beautiful, it's big, it's a model of the finest car ever assembled for a film. Maybe I will hold on to it for a while longer. I should take the cover off and appreciate it more often.

So again, just an FYI....don't forget to check the batteries on these!!

Same here. Mine has been in the box the majority of the majority of the time I've had her, but every time I get to see her I'm so glad I was able to snag one.

Also, HUGE Otomo fan myself. Got damn near everything the man's done!

Mine was in the box for years too. But this beauty must be displayed, so I ordered a custom table with glass.
Pretty happy how it turned out, and I can see it everyday now!

Attachments

• 2373B17F-8DA5-4929-9914-97743081F227.jpeg
    2373B17F-8DA5-4929-9914-97743081F227.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 98
  • E1E3FFF2-AD61-4CE2-91B4-14DB2EB852D4.jpeg
    E1E3FFF2-AD61-4CE2-91B4-14DB2EB852D4.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 101
Beautiful display, Bigbreda. Where did you get that table?
I measured the size by myself and got a workshop doing it for me. Basically is just a black steel frame with glass panels.
At the time I order it I forgot to ask them to drill holes for the lighting, so I had to drill myself.
I use two led light strips through the steel frame, one each side, and they connect to a transformer under the table.
If you need the sizes let me know.

I measured the size by myself and got a workshop doing it for me. Basically is just a black steel frame with glass panels.
At the time I order it I forgot to ask them to drill holes for the lighting, so I had to drill myself.
I use two led light strips through the steel frame, one each side, and they connect to a transformer under the table.
If you need the sizes let me know.
Fantastic job on the table. Great way to display the batmobile (or any 1/6 vehicle that can fit.)

So, with Hot Toys reissuing other vehicular lately like the Tumbler and the DeLorean, what do you guys think are the chances of them reissuing this beast once The Flash movie comes out?

Back