1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tires on mine have held up but I know some people had issues with the tires on the Tumbler.

Oh gotcha. I got a bit concerned for a moment lol. I have heard that the ones on Tumbler had something like that. Hope the reissue doesn?t though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Yeah. My rear tires had a chemical reaction with the cheap Wal-Mart coffee table I had it displayed on for months. When I moved the car, I noticed tire tread marks indented into the table, along with a white film; which stood out because the table is black. The rear tires ended up slightly melted...

Hot Toys did produce a good 89 batmobile but the matt black finish get scratches very easily when dusting/cleaning it !!!!!

Yup, the car scratches just by farting within a 7 feet vicinity, it's that fragile. Thankfully the actual car in the movie was much worse, swirls and scratches are glaring on the 4K blu ray. :lol

Very good point and I agree with you. I did not think about it at all but now that you mentioned it, does make sense. How did you paint the rims? What did you use? Also, there is something about the 1989 Batmobile that just makes him look bad ass and timeless. Not sure what it is lol

I protected the entire car with alimentary film, made a safe and proteced access to the wheels with tamiya scotch ( the only one that do not leave marks), protected the rims and painted the sides of the tires with Tamiya TS-82 black rubber flat ( the stock sides of the tires are in hard plastic and shinnier than the rest of the tire), then when dry, protected the sides of the tires and painted the rims with Tamiya TS-29 ( semi-gloss black) and then painted the hubcaps in silver with a small brush.

It requires a litlle of time, care and attention but this is the only way without dismantling the entire car to access to the wheels.

Concerning the issues with the rubber of the tires, i think it's the same issue with DX-09 suit or ED-209 dome, it certainly specific to warm/humid climate.
Here in europe it's really temperate. Never noticed any issue on any figure or prop.

Thank you so much for this detailed info on how you painted them. I will probably give it a try and hopefully turns out as good as yours. As for the tires, I?m in the states (OK) and it does get humid here sometimes but I have not noticed any issues so far. Not with my DX09 or the rubber tires. Will the 303 protectant or Armor all work on the tires and maybe help prevent any issues?

If you want to keep HT rubber parts looking like the day you opened the box, use this on them once a year:

Armor All is garbage, and should be avoided.
My Tumbler and BB figure have been in open air display for approximately well over a decade, with no visible deterioration.

Last edited:
Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

If you want to keep HT rubber parts looking like the day you opened the box, use this on them once a year:

Armor All is garbage, and should be avoided.
My Tumbler and BB figure have been in open air display for approximately well over a decade, with no visible deterioration.

Thank you so much for this. I did use twice Armor all on Batman Returns and 1989 Batman. But I will get the 303 product and use this one moving forward.
Does it matter if it is the spray or the wipes will work too?

I used the wipes on both including the Batmobile it worked great. Shinny restored.
70693aa17e20b523c387c184b001eb24.jpg

When using the 303 Protectant, how do you use it on 1/6 figures, and the Batmobiles and Batpod tires? Do you spray it all over the figures, then use a wipe to wipe it down, and is it the same with Batmobiles/Batpod on the tires?

Anything rubber or plastic including tires. I also use dehumidifiers just to keep the die cast and rubber/plastic pieces lasting.

I too use 303 on the Batmobile and Tumbler, works like a charm, although doing the wheels for the Tumbler is a pain! It doesn't really matter if you use wipes or spray nor if you spray directly or on a cloth, but always use a microfiber cloth as the Batmobile scratches really easily.

I also love that 303 barely adds any artificial gloss to the cars as they aren't meant to look shiny.

With the confirmation from set pictures that this Batmobile is going to appear in The Flash, what are the odds that HT will re-release this?

I find it odd that Keaton’s Batman is still using the same Batmobile after 30 years? I would imagine he would upgraded to a different model, right? No one drives the same car for 30 years, let alone a super rich vigilante?

Back