1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep us posted on any updates from sideshow on damaged Batmobiles... I also have the same scratches on the canopy and body.

Looks great punk. I never get tired of seeing pics of it being unpacked from the box. Pure awesomeness.

Thanks. I took a bunch more, it was nice to see it all screwed down to the bottom and everything. They did a good job with it... but it's sad to see some of the people getting the ones with only a few foam pieces in the armor shell and stuff. It looks like they took great effort in designing the package to prevent damages... so to just neglect that stuff when putting it together for shipping just seems silly. :dunno

i hated having to postpone my final Flex payment(stupid shipping cost), but I am so excited to have this beautiful girl in hand. I hope she shows up late next week or early the following week. This is one, I will be taking off work to be there when she arrives.

I just hope Sideshow doesn't tell me to buzz off or offer me a 100 dollar store credit thing. I WANT this Batmobile the way it's supposed to be.

No doubt dude! If mine arrived like yours, I too would want the replacement and not just a credit... Paying the SS premium price on this was my way of covering myself if something went wrong. At $700+, I won't be accepting a scratched up product, and I won't take a "coupon".

The thing that REALLY worries me is them not having any to replace it with by the time mine arrives and I check it out. In that scenario, I would be forced into a full refund and then shopping for a new one... which I DON'T want to do. :(

Fingers crossed it arrives okay... And good luck on getting the issue sorted out for those who did get damaged ones!

-Sallah

So sorry to hear yours is nt perfect DiFabio.

However your post forced me to check mine,I was planning to keep it sealed until the space becomes available.Very happy to report it s beautiful and blemish-free with all thirteen pieces of foam.Worth it for the smell alone!!Did nt want to put it away again though : 0 (

omg who would dare to destroy a massive plastic.

Yeah no way in hell would I destroy this baby scratches be damned. I'd just smash an old Toy Biz Batmobile into hundreds of pieces and send them a pic and say it's destroyed. :D

I'M very sorry to hear about scratches from you guys hopecfully can get sorted out and have no more damaged cars. I thought way is packed up all should be very safe during transport or delivery. I'm very tthankfull to have no problems. This video from pulp fiction is what come's mind when heard about the damage. Again sorry to hear..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VO48Vr4KIc8

Ugh, received my Batmobile yesterday from SS and same scuff marks just behind the canopy, on the body itself. The marks on the right side are worse, and what's odd is that while my Shields Cocoon had all its foam pieces, the large rear one's tape had come loose and it obviously wasn't in the right place:(

I'll be calling Sideshow today, just gutted though really. The 89 Batmobile is such an important car to me that I just can't believe we all weren't able to get ones in pristine condition.

Hopefully Sideshow will come though for all of us with these scuffs/scratches. I've just recently been through all this Return/Exchange crap with SS on a Mythos Ben Kenobi, so I'm hoping this time is a bit less of a hassle.

If they do have me destroy it, I'm throwing it off my roof.

I Might cry just a little if we have to see or hear about destruction of this grail. :horror The only way it gets destroyed is in the movie. If someone does maybe dress up as batman villian then do it. I :pray: no one has to do it tho ever what a waste it would be.:horror:monkey2

Ugh, received my Batmobile yesterday from SS and same scuff marks just behind the canopy, on the body itself. The marks on the right side are worse, and what's odd is that while my Shields Cocoon had all its foam pieces, the large rear one's tape had come loose and it obviously wasn't in the right place:(

I'll be calling Sideshow today, just gutted though really. The 89 Batmobile is such an important car to me that I just can't believe we all weren't able to get ones in pristine condition.

Hopefully Sideshow will come though for all of us with these scuffs/scratches. I've just recently been through all this Return/Exchange crap with SS on a Mythos Ben Kenobi, so I'm hoping this time is a bit less of a hassle.

Holy crap! Did Sideshow get a bad batch or are they the first US retailers to send these out? :panic:

"Okay, now I'm a little worried."

KA-BOOM

I have to make light of this otherwise I'd lose my mind. I was like "oh, c'mon!" last night when I saw the damage. It's weird how a couple of inch long scratches sort of taints the whole thing. I just can't look past it.

Last edited:
Yeah no way in hell would I destroy this baby scratches be damned. I'd just smash an old Toy Biz Batmobile into hundreds of pieces and send them a pic and say it's destroyed. :D

O:lol:rotfl that was briliant. I was laughing while reading your comment..

I lucked out with my Tumbler arriving safely so I hope that this beast arrives safely too. For all the ones with issues I understand your anger. The price we pay for this should warrant this coming to our homes with pillows covering this thing. Like most this is my Batmobile. It's what I grew up on. I have a picture of me as a child with the car from the movie and being in it behind the wheel. If my car shows up like some of the pics I've been seeing I would go ballistic lol

I didn't notice my scratches until I put it up on my shelf and had direct light on it. For a while I thought I caused them, but now that I see some people have the EXACT same damage, well that makes me some what relieved I guess. Ill take some pics of it when I get home.

Nope I completely know what you mean. I kept telling my wife that the scratches aren't a big deal, and that it was unrealistic to think it would be completely damage free being that it's so big. . .blah blah blah. Doing the best job I could to convince myself but I just couldn't do it. It NEEDS to be perfect.

I mean the one on the right side is really ALL I look at when glancing at it, lol.

Nice to hear I'm not the only one that arrived damaged AND that I'm not just being picky.

"Okay, now I'm a little worried."

KA-BOOM

I have to make light of this otherwise I'd lose my mind. I was like "oh, c'mon!" last night when saw the damage. It's weird how a couple of inch long scratches sort of taints the whole thing. I just can't look past it.

Nor should you.

Amazing that they protected the secondary product, the shield, with plastic, but not the primary product.

The entire car should've had a plastic covering like the shield, not just the windows.

Back