1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure now if its a good thing or a bad thing that I have my order with Forbiddenplanet.com, presumably getting some later batch at the end of August.

Not sure now if its a good thing or a bad thing that I have my order with Forbiddenplanet.com, presumably getting some later batch at the end of August.

Probably a blessing. If enough go to SS and want replacements and Hot Toys gets the hint they will most likely be better on their QC packing. I think that's what happened to the Tumbler near the end.

Could it be the distance it travelled from SSC that is causing these damages? Did HT screwed up again on the packaging to begin with? Did they underestimate the amount of protection this monster needs for shipping overseas?

Could it be the distance it travelled from SSC that is causing these damages? Did HT screwed up again on the packaging to begin with? Did they underestimate the amount of protection this monster needs for shipping overseas?
It doesn't seem to be that case. In terms of what DiFabio has, it looks like when they were packaging his, they didn't package it the way they should have, leaving out many protective foams and even a tight strap that should have been around his canopy. I imagine it's more rough for it to be shipped oversea but the problem begins from the factory where they packaged all this together.

Yeah, my canopy was slid down, open.

Spanbauer, I noticed you took off the canopy. How did you do it? I followed the instructions but the illustration is too dark. How do you get the tabs off on the sides?

In my experience they are a nightmare to deal with. That was a couple of years ago mind you. But I swore I would never buy online from them again. With this? hmmm... not sure mate.
And they tend to **** things around, I mean have you seen their HT display in London?:slap

I would imagine the damage happened when being packed in the factory or being shipped from HT to SS.
Mine was perfect (apart from the shell) and I'm in europe so nothing to do with SS shipping it out I fear.

In my experience they are a nightmare to deal with. That was a couple of years ago mind you. But I swore I would never buy online from them again. With this? hmmm... not sure mate.

I usually order the odd NECA figure or Star Wars figure set off them. Their packaging doesn't tend to be the best but then they won't have any hand in the way this is packaged, they'll send it out as they receive it I imagine.

Stewie Griffin Audition

Hey folks, completely of topic but i'm trying to win this contest to get the chance to go and watch Family guy live and get my impression of stewie featured on the season premiere, just click the link below and vote for me, I'm the guy in second place with 55 votes and my video is titled 'Stewie Medley, any vote would be greatly appreciated, thanks...

https://www.create.it/submissions/stewie-griffin-medley

Also to get back on topic, got two payments left on flexpay for this badboy, congrats to everyone who's got theirs, gonna be the holy grail of my Batman collection...

It's a real shame. I wouldn't count it as a packaging short cut, though, it's much worse than that. To me, while the foam in the shell is supposed to double as protection during shipping, I think it counts as a piece of the product. It's less serious than if say, a taillight was missing, but more serious than if a cardboard insert or small piece of styrofoam packing material was missing but still...a piece (a few pieces!) of the actual product is missing.

Unacceptable.

Maybe the scratches can be wet sanded out with a very fine grit sand paper? Though I don't blame you if you don't want to risk that though, I'd be very wary of attempting that fix myself because it might smooth it out to a slightly different finish than the rest of the car. And, the point is, you shouldn't even have to do that. But if you're feeling brave, I'd try it out on a similar separate piece of plastic first, like from a cheap old model kit or something.

The paint is metallic. You can't sand metallic paint like this, because it won't match. The metallic flakes have a certain size and consistency, and the color depends upon the thickness being uniform. If the paint is enamel, the shine is entirely in the outermost layer of the paint. There will be improvement by polishing, but it will never be perfect, and it will be noticeable.
Also, I really doubt that this paint is thick enough to sand. I bet it is no more than two thin coats. It isn't as thick as car paint, because this model isn't designed to suffer wear.

Last edited:
Re: Stewie Griffin Audition

Hey folks, completely of topic but i'm trying to win this contest to get the chance to go and watch Family guy live and get my impression of stewie featured on the season premiere, just click the link below and vote for me, I'm the guy in second place with 55 votes and my video is titled 'Stewie Medley, any vote would be greatly appreciated, thanks...

https://www.create.it/submissions/stewie-griffin-medley

Also to get back on topic, got two payments left on flexpay for this badboy, congrats to everyone who's got theirs, gonna be the holy grail of my Batman collection...

...and you decided it was wise to post this in the DC thread. Your first post?

BURN HIM!!

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Just opened up this puppy - and I'm extremely impressed! Even better than my more expensive Cinemaquette version. Haven't tried to put Batman in yet - Not sure I'm going to.

And one of my headlights wasn't working, but thanks to their detailed instructions about the LEDs it was easy to open up the compartment and fix it. The circuit board had just shaken loose in transport. Snapped it back in place and everything was cool.

Definitely loving it. Although I don't know that I need the cocoon - I don't think I'll ever display it with it, but I hate to have it unavailable in the box down in the garage.

The cocoon would be best alongside the car, as if there are two Batmobiles, that is of course if you have the space.

Just imagine how many damages will have mine. Shipping from Hong Kong to almost the other side of the planet, Greece! :lol After watching those pics I'm really just about to cancel my order. An expensive item like this it's not supposed to have quality control damages.

Just picked this up last night for 589 !!! at a comic shop about hour drive away, this almost didn't fit in the back its so HUGE!!!;

I have to get work done before I can open this up, ugh sooo hard to work, I have 89 batman, joker and this Mint in box just waiting to open them all up at the same time :panic:

picsay-1374596791_zps66d86f36.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

guess i will wait till ist available in europe , if ist damaged i can atleast return it :/

30$ store credit won`t help here.

lets hope i can stay strong.

Last edited:
I think just like anything else this is going to be a crapshoot in terms of what condition it arrives in. :(

I can't speak for the others, but the large foam piece not being where it needed to be on mine seems to have allowed the 'ribs' on the Cocoon near the back of the canopy section to touch and rub on the car itself. So while it probably rubbed while in transit, I think it had more to do with the shield not sitting properly on the car.

Back