1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious on what they will offer. I'm sure it'll be a minor refund but the sad part is having to live with those marks.

That's BS. If my order was through Sideshow and they sent me one with defects I would demand a new one in exchange and if they denied that I would file a dispute with my credit card company to get the charge declined. On an expensive item like this nobody should be forced to live with a flawed piece.

Manical LOL at the protective shield causing the most problems. A few missing pieces of cheap foam...

C'MON!:slap

I wouldn't settle for it. Send it back, smash it with a hammer:(:mad: :horror, whatever it takes to get a mint specimen.:lecture

That's BS. If my order was through Sideshow and they sent me one with defects I would demand a new one in exchange and if they denied that I would file a dispute with my credit card company to get the charge declined. On an expensive item like this nobody should be forced to live with a flawed piece.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

I'm bummed out he received it in that condition and now i'm nervous as all hell about mine this Wednesday.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

BBTS charged me 639 then charged my card again at 25. This used my card to suspend the second payment. I fixed the problem with my card and because I did hot want a delay I payed the extra 25 that BBTS was asking. I sent them an email. This was all after I got a shipping notice. The only reason I noticed it was I was tryimh to figure out an arrival time. When I went on my account they had it in pile ofmooot. They said the card was declined for the 25 dollar transaction. I would check your orders on this. I wonder what was going on. Still haven't heard anything from BBTS.

the 2nd charge seems odd? why not just charge the card once?

thanks for the heads up. i went over and checked my orders and it is at 'paid and awaiting shipping'.

i will monitor it tommorow and post here if i get the same as you?

Helped my cousin unpack his on the weekend. He had scuffs all over the top :(

Took the film off my window and found this, couldn't see this with it on
1DDBCE25-D6FC-4032-9876-524A3883EFF7-475-000000683E5F212A.jpg

Why would you do that? If it has issues, you can send it back with them paying shipping. I'm curious if there will be any exchanges. The box for this looks bigger than my IM LSF , so that alone has me thinking super hard about getting this. If it has scratches all over, it's gonna be a pain.

Why would you do that? If it has issues, you can send it back with them paying shipping. I'm curious if there will be any exchanges. The box for this looks bigger than my IM LSF , so that alone has me thinking super hard about getting this. If it has scratches all over, it's gonna be a pain.

If they only offer some B.S. partial refund and they are unwilling to pay return shipping and exchange it for another and eat shipping on the replacement that is absolutely NOT acceptable. I would file a dispute with the CC company for item received damaged and seller was unwilling to provide full refund or exchange. That should send a CLEAR message to these companies to take their QC more seriously.

Y'all make me want to re preorder one of these again. Just can't decide anymore :panic: is this one of those keep forever kind of deals?

The missing foam problem with the armor/shell is creating lots of scratches on many people's Batmobiles, I feel the pain of my fellow collectors...This is worst than the foam problem on the space shuttle.

Just when I think my paint job appears to be okay, now I have to find time to check the windows, let alone doing the battery test. Mine is still stuck in the box in my garage.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Unfortunately, these are a little discouraging. I was devastated when I opened up the cocoon armor to find these marks/scratches on not only the cocoon itself, by my car and canopy as well,
Very sorry to read this and totally unacceptable. You should at least try to get a replacement or refund as it will be difficult to un-see those marks. Hang in there.

I shot Sideshow an email.

When I took the cocoon off, the canopy was open. It wasn't like this.

I also didn't have two of those plastic wraps around it, just one (which is probably why it opened up).

Has anyone else's arrived with the canopy slid forward and how many pieces of foam are in your cocoon?
2.jpg

3.jpg
:(
Very sorry to hear about this man, you sound like you are dealing with it very calmly, but I hope you are gonna really lay it on SS to sort out your problem, doesn't matter if it's HT's or SS's fault. SS sold this and shipped it to you, they have a responsibility to fix the problem, if it was a widescreen TV with a scratch across it I doubt anyone would accept it, this is very similar. I'm getting mad on your behalf!!
:mad:

When I opened mine, it had the two clear plastic wraps keeping everything in place. But the other shell was badly scuffed, thankfully it was over the removable wrap for the most part, but it has to be said, I was taken aback to see so much scuffing even on the protective layer?
Two of the shell wheel caps were off in the box, an easy fix with a bit of glue.

Considering mine travelled to Europe from SS I shudder to think what state it would have been if it had been incorrectly protected like yours.

Hope this helps, took a pic of the foam underneath my shell...

photo_zpsa563d39b.jpg

Last edited:
In accepting QC-related exchanges or refunds SS may opt to deliver the 'destroy item' instruction rather than foot return shipping :horror

Not to state the obvious but forgetting proper packing materials or just being lazy is not acceptable. If they want to charge $600 plus for anything they better damn well make sure each of these is double or triple checked before shipping. Mistakes happen, but it seems these are pretty big sloppy mistakes by HT on a really expensive item. Realistically this board is a pretty small sample size. Who knows how many others are messed up as well that aren't Freaks here. I know I'll be pissed if I have to ship this thing back for any reason. I was already on the fence about getting it for a while.

Thats why I broke my own not buying from SS rule on this one. I guessed if there was a real issue, it would be "destroy it and we will send you a new one". The idea of having to ship this back to another country, any other country was just too daunting..

Back