1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gawdammit scratches and scuffs all over this is gonna be hard to take. This was not the item to take packaging shortcuts on Hot Toys.

Gawdammit scratches and scuffs all over this is gonna be hard to take. This was not the item to take packaging shortcuts on Hot Toys.

Yeah, the very nature of the 89 Batmobile is about it's sheen, curves and finish. I wouldn't care a fraction as much about TDK stuff. If this is a wide scale issue, SS is in for a ****storm.

Yeah, the very nature of the 89 Batmobile is about it's sheen, curves and finish. I wouldn't care a fraction as much about TDK stuff. If this is a wide scale issue, SS is in for a ****storm.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

oh **** peeps........i didn't even order this (wanted to) and i feel the pain. makes me sick seeing what is happening. i really hope CS wherever you bought it from comes thru......:pray:

Hot Toys should have put the plastic film inside the cocoon as well as on the wheels. It's odd how the wheels are separate pieces.

Or hell, wrap the actual Batmobile with the film or the protective plastic. I don't know. I'm not going to jump to conclusions and say "AWFUL Quality Control, they don't know what they're doing!" Because they did seem to think the packaging design through.

At the same time, I'm not just going to lay low and take it though. Those marks really piss me off.

I just hope Sideshow doesn't tell me to buzz off or offer me a 100 dollar store credit thing. I WANT this Batmobile the way it's supposed to be.

It's a real shame. I wouldn't count it as a packaging short cut, though, it's much worse than that. To me, while the foam in the shell is supposed to double as protection during shipping, I think it counts as a piece of the product. It's less serious than if say, a taillight was missing, but more serious than if a cardboard insert or small piece of styrofoam packing material was missing but still...a piece (a few pieces!) of the actual product is missing.

Unacceptable.

Maybe the scratches can be wet sanded out with a very fine grit sand paper? Though I don't blame you if you don't want to risk that though, I'd be very wary of attempting that fix myself because it might smooth it out to a slightly different finish than the rest of the car. And, the point is, you shouldn't even have to do that. But if you're feeling brave, I'd try it out on a similar separate piece of plastic first, like from a cheap old model kit or something.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Just opened this beauty today, I'm blown away. Everything from the sculpt, to the lights, to the detail on the dash to the functions is just crazy. I love this thing.

Unfortunately, these are a little discouraging. I was devastated when I opened up the cocoon armor to find these marks/scratches on not only the cocoon itself, by my car and canopy as well,

4.jpg

5.jpg

If you look close at the armor shield, it looks like the whole thing has a thin protective sheet on it that is supposed to be removed. Mine had a bunch of marks on it, but it's actually just on the protective film I believe.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

If you look close at the armor shield, it looks like the whole thing has a thin protective sheet on it that is supposed to be removed. Mine had a bunch of marks on it, but it's actually just on the protective film I believe.

No, DiFabio is talking about those scratches on the wheel parts, not the main body of the shield. The wheels aren't covered by the film. The scratches on the main shield may or may not come off with the film. The ones on the wheel parts and the actual car won't.

Yeah, too afraid to do that. I've learned from experience that it's best to just let these thing alone. In the past I've done more harm than good trying to fix something. It also doesn't help when I don't really have the time and am sleep deprived.

I just tried using a soft micro fiber cloth but the scratches are too deep, especially on the right side.

A slight tangent on the topic of damage, and preventing future damage...I was looking into finding a super-durable case for whenever I want to transport or store this (and it's shields) in something more permanent and more easily accessible than the box.

The type of case I'd want are those heavy duty cases that people transport A/V equipment and computer consoles in for ultimate protection.

https://www.mycasebuilder.com/

You can even get custom foam inserts made for your item for a snug fit. The problem is, I can't seem to find a case big enough for this beast. Even the biggest, most expensive case on this site (the yellow one) is too short in one dimension.

https://www.mycasebuilder.com/custo...ture/custom-foam-wheeled-cases.html?subcats=Y

Got mine today, have not opened yet. Glad I read the last few pages first, I'll set up a video camera and record the unpackaging just in case of damage. A little nervous now considering the distance shipped from SS.

Here are some pics I took last night. Box is huge! I'll snap some more pics in a day or two when I get some time to check out the lights etc and all the goodies with it.

Batmobile2.jpg

Batmobile6.jpg

Batmobile7.jpg

Batmobile8.jpg

Batmobile15.jpg

Batmobile16.jpg

Batmobile19.jpg

I opened my 89 Batmobile this morning and I was freaked out a little.
My entire shell looked dinged and scratched then my twin brother pointed out it was just a plastic coating.
The shell under it is fine.
:yess:

Batmobile16.jpg

Gorgeous. I hope the remainder arrive undamaged and those with damaged ones receive help from Sideshow; it'd be a shame for the next 20 pages of this thread to be photos of damage and scratches instead of beautyshots of the product.

I opened my 89 Batmobile this morning and I was freaked out a little.
My entire shell looked dinged and scratched then my twin brother pointed out it was just a plastic coating.
The shell under it is fine.
:yess:

Same thing happened to me. I opened it and was all :gah: Started taking pics of all the peeling and tears etc. and then realized it was just a protective film on it. :yess:

Back