1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I don't know if Sideshow can help me with this one.

I tried a microfiber cloth and the softest stuff I have but they're not coming off.

Absolutely sorry to hear that. SSC must act! They have a 30 day guarantee! They have to take it all back and get you a new one. (I have to check mine again tonight...:p)

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I shot Sideshow an email.

When I took the cocoon off, the canopy was open. It wasn't like this.

ze4atema.jpg

I also didn't have two of those plastic wraps around it, just one (which is probably why it opened up).

Has anyone else's arrived with the canopy slid forward and how many pieces of foam are in your cocoon?

Wow looks like yours was tampered with either by someone at Sideshow, Hot Toys or maybe even UPS! :horror

Call SS and let us know what happens- this is unacceptable on a pricey item like this

Get replaced immediately ! And when you talk to them use your big boy voice!:mad:

Do they think this is a f*King game ?! :panic:

Wow looks like yours was tampered with either by someone at Sideshow, Hot Toys or maybe even UPS! :horror

Nah, Sideshow didn't tamper with this.

The box was sealed (and really mint too) and it had the foam insert on the turbine, in the after burner, etc.

Hot Toys just forgot the foam in the cocoon and the band around the canopy I guess. Not tampered, just packaged poorly. I'm still trying to figure out how the scuffs got on the cocoon wheels. I think it's from the polystyrene inserts. For the life of me I can't get them off, I've since gave up. Had the wheels had the plastic film like the rest of the canopy, I would have been golden.

I've been having a little fun with the lights (love those dash inside, it's beautiful and the features) and extras (guns, disks, etc.) despite the marks but they're a huge bummer. This thing would have been perfect otherwise.

Also, how did people take their canopy off? I was looking at the instructions but can't tell what they want me to do. I thought maybe I could just get a replacement canopy (until I noticed the scuffs were on the back of the actual vehicle behind the canopy.

Mine was supposed to ship out today, never got an email

I shot Sideshow an email.

When I took the cocoon off, the canopy was open. It wasn't like this.

ze4atema.jpg

I also didn't have two of those plastic wraps around it, just one (which is probably why it opened up).

Has anyone else's arrived with the canopy slid forward and how many pieces of foam are in your cocoon?

There's 11 pieces of soft foam inside my cocoon, and 2 pieces of hard foam.

Soft foam pieces:

2x large pieces over the left and right headlights and front wheels area (1 each side)
2x pieces about where the left and right gunflaps would be
2x large square pieces that would cover the left and right gas caps
2x large rectangular pieces that would cover the left and right rear wheels
2x rectangular pieces that would cover the tops of the fins
1x large piece that covers the rear of the roof (behind the canopy, where the circular "port" windows are) to the trunk area looks like this is the one they forgot on yours?

Hard foam pieces (not even sure it's foam):
2x covering the back of the fins

uh oh. i dont like seeing these issues on a $200 item let alone a $700 item. hope they do the right thing. i worry that they will accuse those of us with small imperfections as being "picky". here's to hoping this is worked out...

Soft foam pieces:

2x large pieces over the left and right headlights and front wheels area (1 each side)
1x large piece that covers the rear of the roof (behind the canopy, where the circular "port" windows are) to the trunk area looks like this is the one they forgot on yours?

Yeah, the ones in bold is what's missing on mine (plus the second plastic wrap on it).

Since people have been taking all the cool pix, I am going to show some practical/less glamorous pictures:

The underside of the armor/shell:
8w2s.jpg

You can see the foam pieces attached to prevent scratching the car itself. (It appears, I maybe missing a foam piece?) Thus explains why you can turn it upside down with the armor/shell in the HT instruction video on how to release your Batmobile

Soft foam pieces:

Let me provide some visual aid to your descriptions, looks like I'm missing one foam for the gas cap

BBTS charged my c card today. $632.00 inc shipping, not too far off the original quote nearly 18 months ago.
the price still has me shaking, much like when i bought bats and joker last year.

had to have this one though, the ultimate companion piece to keaton or any other batman really.

i plan on checking mine as soon as it gets here. i left joker in the box for a couple of months and was gutted to find he had a damaged hat. i dont have a display option for this yet but im unpacking just to check for scratches.

just shipped my 'pile of loot' !

My Batmobile ships tomorrow according to Sideshow. Cannot wait to get this bad boy up and running.

That's a bummer, DiFabio. I hope they get it straightened out for you.

I'm going to be one nervous S.O.B. waiting for this to arrive and hoping it's not damaged.

BBTS charged my c card today. $632.00 inc shipping, not too far off the original quote nearly 18 months ago.
the price still has me shaking, much like when i bought bats and joker last year.

had to have this one though, the ultimate companion piece to keaton or any other batman really.

i plan on checking mine as soon as it gets here. i left joker in the box for a couple of months and was gutted to find he had a damaged hat. i dont have a display option for this yet but im unpacking just to check for scratches.

just shipped my 'pile of loot' !

BBTS charged me 639 then charged my card again at 25. This used my card to suspend the second payment. I fixed the problem with my card and because I did hot want a delay I payed the extra 25 that BBTS was asking. I sent them an email. This was all after I got a shipping notice. The only reason I noticed it was I was tryimh to figure out an arrival time. When I went on my account they had it in pile ofmooot. They said the card was declined for the 25 dollar transaction. I would check your orders on this. I wonder what was going on. Still haven't heard anything from BBTS.

Just opened up this puppy - and I'm extremely impressed! Even better than my more expensive Cinemaquette version. Haven't tried to put Batman in yet - Not sure I'm going to.

And one of my headlights wasn't working, but thanks to their detailed instructions about the LEDs it was easy to open up the compartment and fix it. The circuit board had just shaken loose in transport. Snapped it back in place and everything was cool.

Definitely loving it. Although I don't know that I need the cocoon - I don't think I'll ever display it with it, but I hate to have it unavailable in the box down in the garage.

Just opened this beauty today, I'm blown away. Everything from the sculpt, to the lights, to the detail on the dash to the functions is just crazy. I love this thing.

Unfortunately, these are a little discouraging. I was devastated when I opened up the cocoon armor to find these marks/scratches on not only the cocoon itself, by my car and canopy as well,

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg.html

4.jpg

5.jpg

My canopy was also open out of the box and I only have two foam inserts in the cocoon. So the scratching was inevitable I guess. Pretty upset.

Other than that, yeah it's great. I love how the bar on the Browning Machine moves back and forth and you can pop the top on it. Very impressive.

Dude, same thing happened to mine. I sent a request to SSC on Saturday with photos to see what they will do about it. Here is my damage. I also checked my shield and all pads seem to be in order although the pad that would have been around the canopy was off a little bit and I tore it off and straightened it.

I will wait to see what they say. The biggest damage is on the canopy so I can get a replacement for that but the side of the top of the vehicle is also scratched so not sure what they will say about that. Sounds like this will be a QC packing issue. :impatient:

Yup, same marks in the same area.

I've looked at a ton of them online and don't see the marks. Hopefully they can help us out.

I wish it was just the canopy, then we could just get a replacement top, but nope, the marks are on the actual body as well.

I'm curious on what they will offer. I'm sure it'll be a minor refund but the sad part is having to live with those marks.

Hope everything gets worked out. Keep us updated.

Back