1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

This pic reminds me of a hot chick, who surrounds herself with ugly pigs to make her look even hotter.

She'd better enjoy her time in the spotlight; there's a Super Model - '66 Batmobile - on the way (eventually) ! :yess:

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

3 more days until my final flex... Can't wait to do this shot:

Sallah

24.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

18.jpg

Short written review and more photos there:
https://www.xenom0rph.com/2013/07/hot-toys-batmobile-1989-16-photo-review.html

All in all I'm very happy with this piece.
Front lights: def. Yellow in person, even my girlfriend asked "why are these yellow"? -> Me: "Its from the 80ies." ;-)

Fedex declared the weight of the box as 136lbs...can't really believe that...or is the whole package really that heavy?

I hate all of you...

I have to wait till end of August or even September...

Sucks living in Spain...:gah:

My final flex was Saturday and I'm still waiting for my card to be charged!:dunno

The amount of units they must produce x the scale of the pieces x the high level of detail = Hot Toys is truly the boldest high-end toy/collectible company there is. I know they're not perfect all the time, but when they do something like this, as when they first did the Tumbler, I am in total awe and have total respect for them. I know the price is steep "for a huge piece of plastic"...but it's more than just that. I really feel like even at full price, this baby is a steal of a deal for collectors. The craftsmanship and quality is amazing. What other collectible company expands their range so wide from what they're known for and succeeds? Who else takes risks on this level and pulls them off so well? The bar has been raised. /HT fanboy rant over.

The amount of units they must produce x the scale of the pieces x the high level of detail = Hot Toys is truly the boldest high-end toy/collectible company there is. I know they're not perfect all the time, but when they do something like this, as when they first did the Tumbler, I am in total awe and have total respect for them. I know the price is steep "for a huge piece of plastic"...but it's more than just that. I really feel like even at full price, this baby is a steal of a deal for collectors. The craftsmanship and quality is amazing. What other collectible company expands their range so wide from what they're known for and succeeds? Who else takes risks on this level and pulls them off so well? The bar has been raised. /HT fanboy rant over.

:exactly::goodpost:

Just opened this beauty today, I'm blown away. Everything from the sculpt, to the lights, to the detail on the dash to the functions is just crazy. I love this thing.

Unfortunately, these are a little discouraging. I was devastated when I opened up the cocoon armor to find these marks/scratches on not only the cocoon itself, by my car and canopy as well,

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg.html

4.jpg

5.jpg

My canopy was also open out of the box and I only have two foam inserts in the cocoon. So the scratching was inevitable I guess. Pretty upset.

Other than that, yeah it's great. I love how the bar on the Browning Machine moves back and forth and you can pop the top on it. Very impressive.

Last edited:

Just opened this beauty today, I'm blown away. Everything from the sculpt, to the lights, to the detail on the dash to the functions is just crazy. I love this thing.

Unfortunately, these are a little discouraging. I was devastated when I opened up the cocoon armor to find these marks/scratches on not only the cocoon itself, by my car and canopy as well,

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg.html

5.jpg

5.jpg

My canopy was also open out of the box and I only have two foam inserts in the cocoon. So the scratching was inevitable I guess. Pretty upset.

Other than that, yeah it's great. I love how the bar on the Browning Machine moves back and forth and you can pop the top on it. Very impressive.

the scratches would bother me but in reality...would they take it back and replace?

I don't know if Sideshow can help me with this one.

I tried a microfiber cloth and the softest stuff I have but they're not coming off.

Dude that totally effing sucks! :horror

Contact SSC and see what happens, I would be upset if mine came like that after paying over $700. Now I'm worried too, shipping this thing back and forth is gonna suck.

Still amazed they actually put some effort into the cockpit gauges.

I swear I've seen those canopy scratches on some other photos posted previously. :dunno

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg.html

4.jpg

5.jpg

Man that sucks. We all know how hyped you especially were about this piece. I think it's worth a shot to call Sideshow. I wouldn't be satisfied with just some store credit for scuffs on a piece that is one of the grails of my collection, but on the other hand shipping it back for a replacement will be a *****. Good luck man. Sideshow sold it to you, but those missing foam inserts that likely caused the scratches are obviously HT's fault, not theirs. Damn. :(

I swear I've seen those canopy scratches on some other photos posted previously. :dunno

Really? Looks like a few have slipped through the QC cracks at HT then. Was it also caused by missing foam in the shields in that other case? Like I said, they're bold, but not perfect. Sucks.

I shot Sideshow an email.

When I took the cocoon off, the canopy was open. It wasn't like this.

ze4atema.jpg

I also didn't have two of those plastic wraps around it, just one (which is probably why it opened up).

Has anyone else's arrived with the canopy slid forward and how many pieces of foam are in your cocoon?

I'm gutted to see those marks both on your behalf and for the possibility that others will be like this.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg.html

4.jpg

5.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

**** ME!

This shouldn't happen to anyone, but especially not you!

Back