1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

For many years your flashing sig has annoyed the utter **** out of thousands, but today I realized it applies to me also :lol:yess:

:rotfl

wait, wut. :rotfl

This pic reminds me of a hot chick, who surrounds herself with ugly pigs to make her look even hotter.

:rotfl

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

had a day to mess with this thing. pics truly only go so far

DSCN2088_zps486e0455.jpg

DSCN2090_zpscb7e5bac.jpg

Get those tires off your dresser , they will stain the woodwork.

Well the Tumbler had that issue

Last edited:

Just opened mine up, first thoughts:

- VERY Impressive piece. It's obviously much longer than the Tumbler, but not wider, and not as tall (barely though, it's almost there), and all that extra plastic in the length and body make it heavier.

- The Shields are PERFECT in my opinion. They're not nearly as flimsy as the ToyBiz shields, there's great detail to them, and they look especially good once you peel the film off. Now that I have it in hand, I'm actually glad the plastic is not as thick and rigid as the plastic of the car. It's just a large, one piece mold with no rigid internal structure supporting it (like the car has) so it needs to have some "give"...or else it would be much more likely to easily crack by accident. Plus, using the lighter material is better than making the whole package that much heavier with thicker plastic.

- The box is HUGE, yes, but not bigger than they said it would be. Don't understand all the "you are not ready for the size" posts if you read the specs. That said, the box is still pretty inconvenient. You've gotta clear some space just to unpack it carefully. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have someone assist. My brown shipper was pretty banged up and dirtied by UPS, and even had a three-inch tear...but it did its job. The internal Art box was fine. I could complain about it being a little too big, but I think the size of the packaging is fine, especially considering how flawlessly well protected the item and accessories inside were...which is the priority for me.

- Speaking of accessories, obviously this baby blows the Tumbler and Bat-Pod out of the water in that department. We all know what it comes with so I'm not gonna repeat it here...but, if ever there was a justification for calling a Hot Toys vehicle a "DX" based on what it comes with and all the little hatches that slide and open, this is it. It's even got the special edition "stand". :lol

- MINOR quibbles/nits...I wish the engine pulled out, but I can live without that. The car definitely is not too short, but it may be a smidge too tall or (a better description is too thick heightwise). It's especially noticeable to me around the side front fenders. The body is supposed to "dip" a little more there in the area between the front wheels and the canopy. The canopy "glass" is not wide enough from top to bottom, and...the ultimate OCD nitpick: there's 14 too few vents on the hood right in front of the canopy. None of these are a big deal to me at all, just stuff I notice because I'm OCD about this car. The trunk is not tough to remove to access the switch at all, yet stays in place well when you push it in properly.

- Overall prescence as a collectible 10/10.

I'm going to go spend a few hours being a kid again. :dance

I will be the only one who is going to cancel my pre-order. Prototype finish was good, new one not that great, to me that is.

Get those tires off your dresser , they will stain the woodwork.

Well the Tumbler had that issue

i had it that way just for these pics. now it has that sheet that comes with most electronics under it

I ordered in April but I haven't been charged or received notification that I'm in the next batch either. :dunno

I ordered in December and haven't been charged, so I am assuming that this batch is either pretty small or the initial orders were very heavy.

I ordered in December and haven't been charged, so I am assuming that this batch is either pretty small or the initial orders were very heavy.

Yea that's what I'm thinking. If you didn't get charged then clearly I'm not either. Just not sure why they didn't send the email saying 'it'll be the next batch.'

Yea that's what I'm thinking. If you didn't get charged then clearly I'm not either. Just not sure why they didn't send the email saying 'it'll be the next batch.'

We will- I'm actually glad for the 2 week plus delay to prepare funds in my account! I wasn't ready this soon thinking late July/early August when BBTS would get theirs!

We will- I'm actually glad for the 2 week plus delay to prepare funds in my account! I wasn't ready this soon thinking late July/early August when BBTS would get theirs!

Yea good point. I'm good with waiting a few more weeks!

I will be the only one who is going to cancel my pre-order. Prototype finish was good, new one not that great, to me that is.

I had to cancel mine for hulk and mark vii

Yeah Hot Toys sure made it tough for some collectors. I canceled Hulk and trading Mark VII for Bane that I missed out on for some other Hot Toys I chose over him at the time. Now I'm not sure how I'm gonna manage QS Batman, 89' Batmobile, and Selina Kyle all within a month of each other lol they're releasing too much at one time. I'm glad personally I wasn't in the first shipment at BBTS lol

Ugh, I won't be able to get my hands on the batmobile until 2015 cause a certain someone will have it on them.

Yeah Hot Toys sure made it tough for some collectors. I canceled Hulk and trading Mark VII for Bane that I missed out on for some other Hot Toys I chose over him at the time. Now I'm not sure how I'm gonna manage QS Batman, 89' Batmobile, and Selina Kyle all within a month of each other lol they're releasing too much at one time. I'm glad personally I wasn't in the first shipment at BBTS lol

QS Batman- I doubt till Sept/Oct....you don't have to sweat August I'll bet

Just opened mine up, first thoughts:

- The Shields are PERFECT in my opinion. They're not nearly as flimsy as the ToyBiz shields, there's great detail to them, and they look especially good once you peel the film off. Now that I have it in hand, I'm actually glad the plastic is not as thick and rigid as the plastic of the car. It's just a large, one piece mold with no rigid internal structure supporting it (like the car has) so it needs to have some "give"...or else it would be much more likely to easily crack by accident. Plus, using the lighter material is better than making the whole package that much heavier with thicker plastic.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. We all raised a stink about the flimsy shields from the Hong Kong reports yet I'm totally satisfied with the final product. It's durable, looks great and does the job it's supposed to.

Lol, I sold my mark vii to fund this!:dance

I just received this fine automobile, and my Mark VII & Ms. Kyle are all coming in August! I just love the flex feature on SSC. (Okay, I admit, I don't have anything else PO for the rest of this yr, unlike many prolific collectors here.)

Ugh...i seriously screwed myself order multiples of hulk, mk vii, selina and the batmobile....sucks I might consider using my credit card...

There is a pending BBTS charge on my checking card account. Havent gotten a charged payment email from BBTS yet though. They will probably send one once payment clears tomorrow or Weds I'm guessing.

Back