1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They had should be done like the Mark VII (best IM release to date). It has no sense to do two releases. Put a figure of 600$ if you want but with all the battle damaged pieces and two sculpts and I'm all in. I am not going to buy another figure just for the portrait. I happy with my clean version.

Actually looks pretty good in Sideshows unboxing video. Could be better but it is what it is. Will probably dump $100 in rewards points toward this one.

m7ypbQi.png

lal220z.png
I go back and forth on the shield (given what it costs to secure an exclusive version versus the regular version overseas). Flimsy as the shield may be, hate to lose out on an accessory/posing options on a figure that already comes with so little. And regardless of how it may feel, it does look good in the blogger photos.

1640359215549.jpeg

1640359247425.jpeg

1640359264482.jpeg

So once I have this guy in my collection, my IM portfolio will include I, VI, L, LXXXV-BD. I think that is a pretty good representation. There is no way to pass on BD 85 in my opinion. It is the bookend you need for the collection. That one last fully realized heroic moment for Tony and the character.

One Jedi Master’s opinion…

So once I have this guy in my collection, my IM portfolio will include I, VI, L, LXXXV-BD. I think that is a pretty good representation. There is no way to pass on BD 85 in my opinion. It is the bookend you need for the collection. That one last fully realized heroic moment for Tony and the character.

Currently I have the Mark 3 Stealth Suit, Mark 7, Mark 43, Mark 44 Hulkbuster, and Mark 47. Currently have the Mark 1 and Mark 85 battledamaged on order. All diecast. I had the Mark 6 and 46, but sold them a few years ago. I will probably try to re aquire the Mark 6 at some point. I prefer the 47 over the 46 personally.

Does anyone have a side by side with the convention "prototype" with the final product to see if they really did fix the soft damage?
Funny enough, if you compare you'll see it's the exact same as that convention "prototype" that they said wasn't final. The details all match up perfectly with it and not the original prototype.

I'm gonna guess the big delay was them having to go back to the original sculpt and then get approval from Disney for that. The suit damage effect was finalized long ago. It's funny what fancy photography and lighting can do.

Jz01rKg.jpg

269728776_10158386224157344_1143153718788509370_n.jpg

Funny enough, if you compare you'll see it's the exact same as that convention "prototype" that they said wasn't final. The details all match up perfectly with it and not the original prototype.

I'm gonna guess the big delay was them having to go back to the original sculpt and then get approval from Disney for that. The suit damage effect was finalized long ago. It's funny what fancy photography and lighting can do.

Jz01rKg.jpg

269728776_10158386224157344_1143153718788509370_n.jpg
There also seems to be more of that black wash on the final product which brings out more of the sculpt.

My plan was always to get this Mk85 BD and the Mk1 to go with my Mk46 as a kind of poor man's Arnour Gallery to have start, end and middle.

But I couldn't pull the trigger on the Mk1 on release. So short etc. Maybe I'll use some points or something ?

I both want and don’t want this.

Seeing all these pictures makes me want it, especially since it represents “the” scene, but at the same time, I don’t want it because from a pragmatic standpoint it’s not one of my favorite armors nor would it really fit in my collection (both figuratively and literally :lol). If I got another IM figure it’d likely be Mk50 as I like that particular armor and film better. I just got EG Thor and currently have a “The Big Three” shelf going with him, CW Cap (like that look and figure better than EG), Mk46 (would put Mk50 in its place if I got that) and EG armored Thanos to represent the final showdown. If I got this figure, I’m not sure where in the collection he’d fit and would just randomly be there simply because it’s from “that” scene.

Maybe I will. Likely I won’t. The current armors I have are: Mk42 (my favorite armor from the solo IM movies), Mk43, and Mk46.

There also seems to be more of that black wash on the final product which brings out more of the sculpt.
I think so, too. The battle-damaged sculpting may not be any different from that “not final” figure they displayed this summer, but the paintwork on the damage is most certainly improved.

And that’s a change that makes sense, since from a production standpoint it just means layering on more paint.

Yeah. I love the Mark I but I sold my Hot Toys version as Tiny Stark was just too tiny compared to every other marvel figure.

I can't imagine they'll do another redo. It's now or never.
Everything will be redone. That is like saying HT won't make another Storm Trooper. Marvel movie characters will be made over and over again over the next several years, especially for popular characters. It is a cultural phenomenon. It might take a few years, but I rather wait for the right figure then a get a mediocre product.

That doesn't sound good. I was just starting to warm up to the idea of maybe getting it with points....

I still have the original and it's underscaled. Noticeably underscaled compared to the rest of the diecast. I was really disappointed to hear the years long wait for an "upgraded" diecast Mark 1 resulted in the laziest reissue possible by Hot Toys. Absolutely shameful and pathetic work by Hot Toys.

I still have the original and it's underscaled. Noticeably underscaled compared to the rest of the diecast. I was really disappointed to hear the years long wait for an "upgraded" diecast Mark 1 resulted in the laziest reissue possible by Hot Toys. Absolutely shameful and pathetic work by Hot Toys.
Agreed on all points, I still love the mark I figure though even in its small scale. If I didnt already have the first 2 mark I figures I would buy this "diecast" version.

If you are not planning on putting the mark I next to any other figures, its still pretty awesome. But really, I would rather hot toys have changed the height of this new version over any of the other changes they made, well maybe if the flamethrower shot out real fire that would have made me overlook the height problem.

so far I’m looking like my Iron Man collection will consist of the d
DC 5,6,7 & BD85. If they ever redo the 46 I’ll add it too.

Back