1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny enough, if you compare you'll see it's the exact same as that convention "prototype" that they said wasn't final. The details all match up perfectly with it and not the original prototype.

I'm gonna guess the big delay was them having to go back to the original sculpt and then get approval from Disney for that. The suit damage effect was finalized long ago. It's funny what fancy photography and lighting can do.

Jz01rKg.jpg

269728776_10158386224157344_1143153718788509370_n.jpg
Thanks for sharing this. Well, the final product damage isn't as sharp as the initial proto, but it's better than the later "proto" they put out...or at least the paint app seems more detailed...

I still have the original and it's underscaled. Noticeably underscaled compared to the rest of the diecast. I was really disappointed to hear the years long wait for an "upgraded" diecast Mark 1 resulted in the laziest reissue possible by Hot Toys. Absolutely shameful and pathetic work by Hot Toys.
Thanks TFH. That reinforces my initial decision I guess. Looks like it's back to the original wait for another version in maybe 10 years or never. However (as I was going to mention to hellgrammite) movies and pop culture moves on to the next coolest thing. It's diminishing returns in many cases for every re-release. Especially for a character which had his time and has completed his arc with multiple figures made.

Personally I can't see a third release of the Mk1 within another 10 years. And at that point will I really still care ? Probably not.

Thanks TFH. That reinforces my initial decision I guess. Looks like it's back to the original wait for another version in maybe 10 years or never. However (as I was going to mention to hellgrammite) movies and pop culture moves on to the next coolest thing. It's diminishing returns in many cases for every re-release. Especially for a character which had his time and has completed his arc with multiple figures made.

Personally I can't see a third release of the Mk1 within another 10 years. And at that point will I really still care ? Probably not.

I'm not even saying don't buy the diecast that is coming out, just be aware of it's shortcomings. The 2.0 Mark 1 that I have is a great looking figure that still holds up. The biggest improvements HT could have made would have been to fix the scale and redo the sculpt under the mask and they lazily did neither. For me it doesn't seem at all worth $500 to add a few die-cast parts to an already great looking figure. I'm pretty heavily invested into Iron Man collecting so I need a Mark 1 in my collection but I'll stick with what I have.

You're correct in that we won't see a new Mark 1 after this current one for quite some time. That's why it ultimately comes down to whether or not you care more about just having the figure in your collection or if it's shortcomings are too much for you to look past.

For me, the Mark 1 figure is just way too off the mark for me to even consider paying for. I rather not have a Mark 1 in my collection than have one that's tiny and off looking when on display. It's probably fine if you just display it on it's own but for most people that's not how their display setup is.

Not paying $455+tax+shipping for that one. I'm also happy with not having every single Mark suit out there. I narrowed it down to key movies or events. Stick with the Mark 7 and this BD Mark 85 to represent the first Avengers and the last. Couple that with the 2012 Captain America and the End Game Cap to display together.

HykHCas.jpg
WAo4Lkj.png

Last edited:
You're correct in that we won't see a new Mark 1 after this current one for quite some time. That's why it ultimately comes down to whether or not you care more about just having the figure in your collection or if it's shortcomings are too much for you to look past.

For me, the Mark 1 figure is just way too off the mark for me to even consider paying for. I rather not have a Mark 1 in my collection than have one that's tiny and off looking when on display. It's probably fine if you just display it on it's own but for most people that's not how their display setup is.

Not paying $455+tax+shipping for that one. I'm also happy with not having every single Mark suit out there. I narrowed it down to key movies or events. Stick with the Mark 7 and this BD Mark 85 to represent the first Avengers and the last. Couple that with the 2012 Captain America and the End Game Cap to display together.

HykHCas.jpg
WAo4Lkj.png
Thanks for those comparison pics. It really is a huge difference. The thought of bookending the armour with Mk1 and Mk85 should be a no brainer, and I'm sure there will be still plenty doing exactly that. But like you say do I really want to pay that much money.

My alternative plan was to simply have BD85 and Thanos together. That can also look good.

Such a disappointment really. And Hot Toys clearly knew it, putting him on a bigger base rather than doing something about it.

Watched Jedha's review. Looks terrific from the front but it is a shame HT didn't finish what they started and add battle damage to the back. This is the one diecast Iron Man figure that will never ever wear a helmet. Hope it ships soon.

I hope this keeps in line with the diminished release delay between HK and Sideshow. Hopefully by mid-February.

In the meantime, I always thought Nanotechnology was able to self-heal/repair by “filling in” damaged areas by migrating particles at an atomic level.

I hope this keeps in line with the diminished release delay between HK and Sideshow. Hopefully by mid-February.

In the meantime, I always thought Nanotechnology was able to self-heal/repair by “filling in” damaged areas by migrating particles at an atomic level.
maybe tony didnt want to be stabbed by his own armor again?

It does up until it starts running out of pieces. Like how Tony’s Mark 50 suit in Infinity War and Parker’s Iron Spider suit in No Way Home have to start deciding where to send the nanotech after entire pieces are torn away in battle.

As much as I think this is the definitive IM ..all these delays in shipping my orders have crunched my wallet and I have get this much later than I want too.

I noted the final product's diorama base is different from the solicited base:

KT3rmQV.jpg

(Screenshot from a reviewer)
tS0F97h.png

The released figure's base looks similar, if not identical to the Mandalorian Scout Trooper w/ Speeder Bike's display base.

KT3rmQV.jpg

tS0F97h.png

The released figure's base looks similar, if not identical to the Mandalorian Scout Trooper w/ Speeder Bike's display base.
Interesting. I’m still happy with the base. I think the base will add to the pose that 99% of us will have this in….

KT3rmQV.jpg

tS0F97h.png

Yeah it’s totally the scout trooper base. Seems to work just as well in everyone’s photos and videos though. I just wish they’d have included one of those fake rock plugs for the hole where the stand screws in for when you’re not attaching It.

Interesting. I’m still happy with the base. I think the base will add to the pose that 99% of us will have this in….

Yeah I'm still happy with the base, though I think I'll be in the other 1% ;)

Yeah it’s totally the scout trooper base. Seems to work just as well in everyone’s photos and videos though. I just wish they’d have included one of those fake rock plugs for the hole where the stand screws in for when you’re not attaching It.

Agreed! Yeah it would've been nice if they did that, similar to the delux Mando Grogu pram base.

Back