1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that those who preordered this from Sideshow in 2019 are "grandfathered" under the old policy of no sales tax. At least, that's how some preorders worked out in early 2020, but I haven't heard how that's been applied since. Sideshow shipping isn't great, but it'll be nice to at least not have to deal with sales tax on a $450ish figure.

I think the final production figure came out fantastic, the battle-damage looks good overall and the un-helmeted head sculpt looks similar to the great prototype.

I believe that those who preordered this from Sideshow in 2019 are "grandfathered" under the old policy of no sales tax. At least, that's how some preorders worked out in early 2020, but I haven't heard how that's been applied since. Sideshow shipping isn't great, but it'll be nice to at least not have to deal with sales tax on a $450ish figure.
That does not make any sense. Collecting sales tax is a state law.....

That does not make any sense. Collecting sales tax is a state law.....
Yes, but for a very long time they didn't have to collect sales tax from most states because of their non "brick and mortar" online presence. Whenever that rule changed, I am almost positive that anything ordered before the rule changed was not subject to sales tax. I'm sure it's on page 849 of some tax code manual somewhere...

Yes, but for a very long time they didn't have to collect sales tax from most states because of their non "brick and mortar" online presence. Whenever that rule changed, I am almost positive that anything ordered before the rule changed was not subject to sales tax. I'm sure it's on page 849 of some tax code manual somewhere...
I read what you posted earlier again about "grandfathered". I mustve misunderstood something but youre right. I thought you meant "those who ordered before 2019 are grandfathered to not have tax on future purchases". :ROFLMAO:

Decided to bail on this and reclaim the NRD at SSC (if it's not automatically refunded, which I imagine it will be). As much as I love the head sculpt, I'm not quite feeling that battle damage and can't justify dropping 400 quid on a figure I'm not entirely sold on.

Decided to bail on this and reclaim the NRD at SSC (if it's not automatically refunded, which I imagine it will be). As much as I love the head sculpt, I'm not quite feeling that battle damage and can't justify dropping 400 quid on a figure I'm not entirely sold on.
My sentiments exactly. I live chatted last night with a sideshow advisor & they said the nrd & reward points I used would be refunded automatically upon cancelling it.
They wouldn’t have to do anything.

This thing is damn impressive. I think this is the closest to RDJ they have gotten for a headsculpt having watching Justins video.

Looks outstanding. Worth the asking price for what’s included? Absolutely not, but these Iron Man figures have been $100-$150 overpriced for a long time. No denying he looks great alongside Cap and Thor, though.

Looks outstanding. Worth the asking price for what’s included? Absolutely not, but these Iron Man figures have been $100-$150 overpriced for a long time. No denying he looks great alongside Cap and Thor, though.

Yeah, they have been getting expensive. Why I skipped the generic MK85 for this beast. Have to be a bit more pick and choose lately.

Exactly, I believe a good price would be $350 at the high end for a Die-Cast figure. Die-Cast 1/24 scale cars run around $60-100 and probably us more metal to make. Not saying 1/6 scale should be that cheap because a lot more goes into making them, but the mark up from plastic to metal shouldn't be that high.

This Iron Man will be my one and only IM in my collection. I had Mark V ordered at one point and then decided to only have one and canceled that.

After watching Justin's review I'm happy. This turned out miles better than I feared it would after that awful looking mess showed up at a convention earlier this year. So long as you look at this front on the damage and sculpt are impressive.

Only Marvel HT I have on order are this, Tony Stark test deluxe, and the Mk 5 suit up deluxe.

Actually looks pretty good in Sideshows unboxing video. Could be better but it is what it is. Will probably dump $100 in rewards points toward this one.

m7ypbQi.png

lal220z.png

Yep. Sold. This is THE Iron Man to have. But, man that plastic shield is hideous. That money could've been used elsewhere haha. Maybe...a sword holding hand? :p

Does anyone have a side by side with the convention "prototype" with the final product to see if they really did fix the soft damage?

Back