1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So in other words, HT still doing a half ass job on lighting lol.
Yeah, correctly illuminating those cracks in the chest would have been nice.

If ever there was a figure I would have expected them to go above and beyond what was promised at time of pre-order, this would have been it considering 1) it’s Tony’s final appearance, 2) it’s outlandishly expensive and 3) it was delayed forever. But in the end they delivered exactly what was promised and nothing more.

Justin mentioned it in his review video that it sure would have been nice to see them finally ditch the crappy little batteries for a USB-rechargeable lithium ion solution. Plug it in to power it up and the thing could light up much brighter for far longer than the eight-hundred watch batteries they make you install for 30 seconds of illumination.

Yeah, correctly illuminating those cracks in the chest would have been nice.

If ever there was a figure I would have expected them to go above and beyond what was promised at time of pre-order, this would have been it considering 1) it’s Tony’s final appearance, 2) it’s outlandishly expensive and 3) it was delayed forever. But in the end they delivered exactly what was promised and nothing more.

Justin mentioned it in his review video that it sure would have been nice to see them finally ditch the crappy little batteries for a USB-rechargeable lithium ion solution. Plug it in to power it up and the thing could light up much brighter for far longer than the eight-hundred watch batteries they make you install for 30 seconds of illumination.

I'm sure he's not the first one to think that. lol. I think if they were to put the USB solution the price would've even been more expensive. Just look at the two USB powered pieces Hot Toys are offering, IM Mark 1 and the Silver Centurion Armor up versions. Both of them are more expensive than the BD Mark 85.

I'm sure he's not the first one to think that. lol. I think if they were to put the USB solution the price would've even been more expensive. Just look at the two USB powered pieces Hot Toys are offering, IM Mark 1 and the Silver Centurion Armor up versions. Both of them are more expensive than the BD Mark 85.
I have a pair of $5 LED lights that charge via USB and can then glow for hours. In a $446 12” figure that includes very little, I think they could have sprung for it.

The only reason I prefer batteries is I just don't want to deal with more wires, lighting is a pain in the ass in and of itself.

ZD Toys managed to put usb chargeable lights in their $50 Iron Men

IMG_1758 - for posting.jpg

Quick Out of the Box photo. DAMN!

ZD Toys managed to put usb chargeable lights in their $50 Iron Men
Yeah but there are only two lights in the ZD iron man figs, and they are both housed in the torso section, with the light for the head being contained in the torso’s neck. I think it gets exponentially more difficult when the lights are spread out to the head, arms, and legs. All of which need to be removable.

I like to keep all my IM figures masked, mostly for consistency. Looks like this one must be unmasked, as the lack of battle damage on the faceplate is just plain weird

I like to keep all my IM figures masked, mostly for consistency. Looks like this one must be unmasked, as the lack of battle damage on the faceplate is just plain weird
Couldn’t agree more.
Like ridiculously weird-Like they couldn’t give a crap. They’ve already done a clean version.
The more I see of this the more I think less of hot toys as a company

I might be annoyed Hot Toys didn't go above and beyond what was promised in the promotional images, but I still think this is one of their best figures ever and one a person would regret passing on in the future, especially considering its significance in a Marvel Cinematic Universe collection. For the guy who already has a half-dozen Iron Men or more though, your mileage may vary. I don't intend to pay first-batch prices though when he'll likely still be available in a year for $100-$150 less.

Couldn’t agree more.
Like ridiculously weird-Like they couldn’t give a crap. They’ve already done a clean version.
The more I see of this the more I think less of hot toys as a company

While I get your point, there is also a matter of cost. They get good designers, and over time, have to pay them more. They also need to keep high quality production sites reserved for making these figures.

Costs go up. As we see with SS, we can speculate that has led to cutting corners in production quality, bringing on cheaper talent for design or quality control, having to pay US labor costs. Clearly, HT figures are regarded as a level up SS currently.

I agree, though, a bit more detail could have been paid attention to the helmet. I get not adding damage to the back, since nobody is displaying it that way, and it saves costs. But the helmet is being seen and seems like a minor expense to get right.

Even though technology is improving, I think we might look back over the last several years as the golden period for 1/6 figures both in terms of quality/price.

I might be annoyed Hot Toys didn't go above and beyond what was promised in the promotional images, but I still think this is one of their best figures ever and one a person would regret passing on in the future, especially considering its significance in a Marvel Cinematic Universe collection. For the guy who already has a half-dozen Iron Men or more though, your mileage may vary. I don't intend to pay first-batch prices though when he'll likely still be available in a year for $100-$150 less.
Yeah, I'll get him eventually. It's an OK figure, they skimped on battle-damage and it has the same flat traps as the clean version but this is probably it for this version of him for at least a good number of years to come.

While I get your point, there is also a matter of cost. They get good designers, and over time, have to pay them more. They also need to keep high quality production sites reserved for making these figures.

Costs go up. As we see with SS, we can speculate that has led to cutting corners in production quality, bringing on cheaper talent for design or quality control, having to pay US labor costs. Clearly, HT figures are regarded as a level up SS currently.

I agree, though, a bit more detail could have been paid attention to the helmet. I get not adding damage to the back, since nobody is displaying it that way, and it saves costs. But the helmet is being seen and seems like a minor expense to get right.

Even though technology is improving, I think we might look back over the last several years as the golden period for 1/6 figures both in terms of quality/price.
Very well said on all points 👍

Back