1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1639984508749.png

1639984524695.png

The battle damage matches the prototype but why is the rest of the suit so glossy and new looking now...? :dunno

It's suppose to be a matte finish.

0cpJ0uJ.jpg

Last edited:
Not feeling that shoulder bit…looks like crumpled foil…

But, could be the angle.

I’ve kept this on preorder as I think this is the one to get to represent Iron Man.

The RDJ sculpt looks absolutely incredible. Actually really impressed with how good it looks here.

Just wish they had given this figure a more matte finish to compliment the BD effects.

fyMtGup.jpg

ZX5YJ3N.jpg

cB7QgC4.jpg

I picked out these exact shots as the "money shots". Looks great. The sculpt looks perfect to me. Not too gaunt and enough to look tired and done. Perfect arc completion for Tony imo.

As for the matt vs shinier suit. Perhaps when it is matt the BD doesn't look as good or pop as much ?

They mentioned on FB that they did more detail work on it, hence the delay. That could only mean a couple more tools mods or new tools for some armour pieces I assume. Or perhaps the sculpt itself was tweaked ?? Dunno, but either way I'm pretty happy with how it turned out !

Not bad HT, not bad. still will wait to see in hand reviews before deciding to keep my PO or not. So far I like more than what I don’t (mainly the glossy paint does make somethin look off to me)

Having the armor look glossy and fairly clean outside of the battle damaged parts defeats the purpose of making an entirely battle damaged figure.

The Mk 85 looked pretty grimy, dusty, and beaten up by the end of the battle. This figure doesn’t. It looks almost no different than past Iron Man releases that came with swappable battle damaged parts.

They should have just included the battle damaged arms, chest plate, and head sculpt with the standard Mk 85. As a $550 deluxe set if need be. That would more or less have achieved the same look as this.

But I know they just wanted to double dip and sell people two expensive figures to get the complete package, banking on the importance of Iron Man and that scene to the MCU and fans.

The battle damaged Mk 7 figure is still one of my favorites. That figure looked properly battle damaged with a matte, scorched look and blast marks and scuffs everywhere.

Looks like I’ll be keeping my preorder for this one…. Glad they improved the battle damage but agree with some who have said the overall suit should be dirtier. A mod I might consider with my air brush…

The RDJ sculpt looks absolutely incredible. Actually really impressed with how good it looks here.

Just wish they had given this figure a more matte finish to compliment the BD effects.

fyMtGup.jpg

ZX5YJ3N.jpg

cB7QgC4.jpg
Not sure wouldn’t the matte finish blend in with the finish they have applied to the battle damaged areas? I think the high shine areas add good contrast to the battle damaged areas and the suit was still pretty shiny in the final battle scene.

I will likely customise mine a little with a light airbrushing to add some dirt and dust to the armour especially around the battle damaged parts but as far as a production piece goes this is about as good as it gets.

So long as the head sculpt came out looking right, they could've just scraped their car keys around on this to get the BD effect, for all I cared. Not literally, but that head was the real make or break in my mind. Excited to have this next to Rescue and IP, and also nice to stop holding my breath a little bit about how it looked. I'd say I'm pretty much universally forgiving of so-so head sculpts and even I was hardcore meh on the clean 85's.

That helmet so clean :unsure:

I need to see more pictures. It lack of paint detail on the battle damage is a still disappointing (they add a quick spray of black over battle damage areas.)

I do like the headsculpt though. It looks like a combination of the original 85 headsculpt and the replacement sculpt, in a good way.

1640005455690.png

I think the neck area looks a little weird because you have the clean helmet and then the chewed off parts for rdjs head
That and the rear looks clean but I think the figure looks good overall

Other than the mismatch at the neckline I think it looks quite good, and who's really buying this to display with the helmet anyway? I also don't get the complaints about the lack of a matte finish. If the suit went into battle with a gloss finish it isn't going to suddenly change. It'll get dirty yes, but that's not the same thing. Maybe it's just semantics? I suppose it could use a more even distribution of damage (i.e., the paint could be scuffed up more elsewhere), but again that doesn't mean a change to the paint finish.

Looks pretty great in the blogger photos. I do prefer the accessories of this version versus the clean version. Looking forward to the video reviews.

Back