1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His armor was still shiny when battle-damaged, don't know what this complaint is about.

8e76b4255fce4551eb8ebb93603e2e51.jpg

Amazing HS but this just looks like another figure that could have had BD swap out parts aside from an entirely separate release. But HT has to squeeze out whatever they can.
I still don't understand how HT can justify a release like this after so much time and delay. There's considerable damage on his left shoulder not just pieces missing like on the figure and a separate collar should have been provided for the helmeted sculpt. The back of the figure being the same as the regular release is just ridiculous. There may not be much damage on the armor's back but a new paint job overall should have been done for sure.
20211220_105255.jpg
Screenshot_20211220-095719_UPlayer.jpg
Screenshot_20211220-095903_UPlayer.jpg

Yeah its distracting how clean big chunks of the armor look, it really has the look of swap outs. They pulled the same lazy BS with Thanos so I guess that's not surprising, we're well past them putting effort into a real full battle damage figure anymore

If you look at this vs the Iron Studios piece, you will notice what the issue with the shiny parts are. The issue is not it being shiny - it's with the lack of dirt/dust/grime on the non battle damaged parts.

I think the Mark VII was at least a decent effort when they released a separate battle damaged version. They cut a bit more corners now.

Last edited:
Yeah it looks like this turned out really well, but Endgame feels like it came out so long ago that I just don't have any interest or desire for this figure all all anymore. So think I'll probably be canceling mine.

That clean helmet is so off putting. Hot Toys continues to surprise me with their decisions. Good thing this isn't a figure you would really display with the helmet at least.

269780517_453441173028887_8483451519657365121_n.jpg

Sjlcwu3.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very happy this turned out looking good. To be honest I expected this to be a dud. The battle damage looks better than I expected and the sculpt is amazing.

This looks like it turned out really well. Sculpt is on point. The BD could be a bit better, but as mentioned, it’s not like this was HT’s first rodeo with BD stuff and how mild it kinda tends to be. All in all, looks to be a solid release and I’m certain will have a lot of shelf presence.

I have no interest in it though. I have the Mk42, 43 and 46, and I’m good with those. I may pick up the Mk50 in the future and sell the 43, or maybe just add the 50 without selling the 43.

The degree of difficulty on this figure is simply much higher than the average figure. Other figures are easier to get perfect, since they don’t have as much going on or aren’t as directly comparable to other figures of the same character. Given what I’ve seen so far, I think Hot Toys did a pretty darn good job.

That clean helmet is so off putting. Hot Toys continues to surprise me with their decisions. Good thing this isn't a figure you would really display with the helmet at least.

269780517_453441173028887_8483451519657365121_n.jpg

Sjlcwu3.jpg

Perhaps that’s precisely what HT said as well. :lol

Shouldn’t we mar that helmet up a bit?

Who cares, nobody’s going to be using it anyway. Onto the next figure.

Definitely keeping my preorder in place. I think it looks good *enough* to me. Sure I can complain about small things that bug me and the tin foil shoulder that so many are complaining about, but for me I think this is a definitive release for those that don't have every suit of armour.

Back