1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should have engineered sliding calves like the biceps so he can kneel down properly.

Don't think so, it wasn't their fault the figure was like that. Their job was to put on the poses and display.
Well, maybe it was the person selecting the correct figures to show. Or maybe it’s the QA guy checking for flaws. Or maybe it’s the lighting guy. Look, by the end of today - I WANT SOMEBODY FIRED.

Disclaimer: This has been a joke.

Someone posted a message, saying that this wasn't the final version, so hopefully the production piece will look alot better than what was on display.......:pray:

fingers crossed the final product battle damage is closer to what we've seen in 2019. that thing is a masterpiece!

I was kind of hoping that I would not need the clean Mark 85 but after seeing how the damage is done on this armor I think it might look a little funny unless you have it in the finger-snapping pose that we saw from the film.

I never bought the battle damaged Mark 3 that came out maybe a dozen years ago but the best battle damaged armor that I've seen for an Iron Man is the plastic Mark 6 by far.

Did you think it was funny when HT pulled the figure from display? This was not a routine case of lense distortion. That figure looked nothing like the prototype and the change was not for the better.
Yes i did. I don't worry about things until people get the final product in hand we see a few video reviews. Out of the almost 60 Iron Man/War Machine figures i have i think i have only been disappointed once.

To be fair it was pretty tall at the end.

ironman-endgame-cover_3knc.jpg

Someone posted a message, saying that this wasn't the final version, so hopefully the production piece will look alot better than what was on display.......:pray:
But as others have asked, what is it then? Why does it exist? There’s generally a prototype and a production version to a figure. If this isn’t either of those, what is it? I’ll still be cautiously waiting for the actual release of this to see. I’m guessing that we will see HT quietly delay this in a Gamoraesque fashion and get it closer to prototype…. Mid 2022 release here we come!

This was the final version and saying it wasn't is damage control. They don't want another headsculpt debacle on their hands.

Not sure about this. But China's hot toys distributor posted on weibo (Chinese social media platform) to clarify that the figure shown is not the final product. Google translation below:

========
Regarding the "Avengers 4: Endgame" Iron Man Mark85 (Battle Damaged Version) 1:6 scale alloy collection figure sample exhibited at China Joy, the following announcement is issued.

The "Avengers 4: Endgame" Iron Man Mark85 (War-damaged version) 1:6 ratio alloy collector figure sample of "Avengers 4: Endgame" shown in China Joy this time is not the shipping version. The company and the brand really apologize for causing the audience and fans to suspect that its appearance is different from the version displayed during the scheduled period.

I hope you will be patient and look forward to the announcement of the shipping version.
I think this is a bad machine translation via Google Translate.

Let me take a crack at translating it from the original source.

The sample "Avengers: Endgame" Iron Man Mark 85 (Battle Damaged Version) 1:6 scale diecast collector figure shown in China Joy was totally going to be what we ship to you. You already pay over $400 for these things. We figured, why not try to squeeze a little more money from you with a cheapened final product. The company and the brand really, totally, fully apologize for not just showing the prototype again like we should have so you wouldn’t know till it was too late.

I hope you will be patient and look forward to the announcement of the shipping version’s delay because now we have to go back and rework some panels on the production line for you ungrateful people.

Disclaimer: This is a joke. Please don’t take this as the actual announcement. Though like others, I do suspect that might be what happened. Ask your doctor if your anger lasts longer than 4 hours.

I seen on FB a reliable member who is first on releasing photos/etc. mentioned that this is being reworked. I am skeptical of most, but would take their word over anyone in the rumor mill.

I think this is a bad machine translation via Google Translate.

Let me take a crack at translating it from the original source.

The sample "Avengers: Endgame" Iron Man Mark 85 (Battle Damaged Version) 1:6 scale diecast collector figure shown in China Joy was totally going to be what we ship to you. You already pay over $400 for these things. We figured, why not try to squeeze a little more money from you with a cheapened final product. The company and the brand really, totally, fully apologize for not just showing the prototype again like we should have so you wouldn’t know till it was too late.

I hope you will be patient and look forward to the announcement of the shipping version’s delay because now we have to go back and rework some panels on the production line for you ungrateful people.

Disclaimer: This is a joke. Please don’t take this as the actual announcement. Though like others, I do suspect that might be what happened. Ask your doctor if your anger lasts longer than 4 hours.

Naaaaaaah. Sounds pretty much right. Very legit and sound translation.

Yeah I have a feeling this is final product. Similarly to mark 85 clean version, we saw some pics of it being different from the prototype and the released product was exactly the same as the pics 1-2 month before it released

What picture was it showing a bad prototype? Did it not look anything like the promo pics - can someone link it please?

Back