1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My diecast Mark 7 arrived yesterday and it is just a work of art - beautiful.
I can't decide how to pose him because he just has so much versatility, I think my favourite thing (though its a tough call as there is so much to love) is the Tony Sculpt inside the helmet with the magnetic face cover folded back, cool idea and its sort of a "best of both worlds" look.
Thanks everyone who recommended it, I feel so much better for having it rather than keeping my pre-order for this dubious BD Mark 85.
I still hope this comes out better than we have seen recently, not only for everyone who has kept their order, but also because this figure represents such an iconic moment and it would be a shame for the execution to be lackluster.
Given how invested hot toys are with Iron Man, hopefully the final version of the BD Mark 85 will be ALOT better than it's recent appearance at a convention.........:pray:

My diecast Mark 7 arrived yesterday and it is just a work of art - beautiful.
I can't decide how to pose him because he just has so much versatility, I think my favourite thing (though its a tough call as there is so much to love) is the Tony Sculpt inside the helmet with the magnetic face cover folded back, cool idea and its sort of a "best of both worlds" look.
Thanks everyone who recommended it, I feel so much better for having it rather than keeping my pre-order for this dubious BD Mark 85.
I still hope this comes out better than we have seen recently, not only for everyone who has kept their order, but also because this figure represents such an iconic moment and it would be a shame for the execution to be lackluster.
Congrats. I've ended up with 3 Iron Mans so far but if I ever revert to the one & done principle (as I originally intended) the Mark 7 diecast is the one I'll keep. It's a most splendid representation.

Still listed on Sideshow as September release lol. When this does get inevitably delayed I wonder how far back it slides? I bet Q3 next year which is insane considering how much lead time they allowed in the first place.

Does anyone know the specific delay time when SS starts refunding deposits? I’m more than likely gonna cancel, but $40 is $40.

Does anyone know the specific delay time when SS starts refunding deposits? I’m more than likely gonna cancel, but $40 is $40.
I thought it was 90 days, although I'm not sure when the clock starts. Since they change the expected date, you'll need to know when it was first promised. I'm pondering the same cancellation of this figure as the regular Mark 85 is ok to represent Tony in EG...

I’m pretty sure the original slated release was through this September. So I’d assume the clock starts on October 1st. I just realized, especially after those last pics we saw, that I only really want 1 HT IM, and Mark VII fills that slot best for me. (Until we get a proper MK III)

I’m pretty sure the original slated release was through this September. So I’d assume the clock starts on October 1st. I just realized, especially after those last pics we saw, that I only really want 1 HT IM, and Mark VII fills that slot best for me. (Until we get a proper MK III)
Yeah I'm waiting for Oct 1st to arrive myself. I initially ordered this battle damaged version when they first put it up for order circa July 2019, haha. Man that's a long time ago. My notes says that it was slated to be delivered by 3rd Quarter 2021.

SSC website states "NRDs will be refunded automatically upon cancelation due to a delay in the estimated arrival date."

Unless I'm interpreting that incorrectly, I'm not gonna wait on 90 days as I'd put that deposit towards something else and get this figure off my plate. Just waiting on that push back email that will inevitably come here shortly.

Yeah. I
I was hearing that they are completely re-tooling areas where it is damaged,
so it could definitely be a longer wait than not. I would say Q2-Q3 2022 would
be a solid bet, to be honest.

Where/who did you hear this from? If large re-tooling is needed, I’d appreciate Hot Toys sending out an official notice of considerable delay.

I should hope the final product matches the quality of the prototype because otherwise where is that $446+tax going? Certainly not a wide range of accessories and interchangeable pieces.
1632342183941.jpeg

I should hope the final product matches the quality of the prototype because otherwise where is that $446+tax going? Certainly not a wide range of accessories and interchangeable pieces.
View attachment 539332

$120 probably to the development of the likeness/headsculpt. That’s about how much people would resell the headsculpt for.

I probably won‘t get ANY support on this but at this point, I wouldn’t be opposed to Hot Toys just doing a Power Pose version of the Battle Damage 85. Right now, I’m more prioritizing getting the look right in terms of spot-on battle damage detail and incorporating all the correct lighting from the gauntlet through the arm in through chest and arc reactor. Have it powered through USB on the base. Honestly, I’d probably 99% of the time have him in the snap pose so I don’t have to have to articulate it or even to have the helmet and/or weapons. It would essentially be a statue but would fit in with the rest of our 1:6 Iron Man display.

I probably won‘t get ANY support on this but at this point, I wouldn’t be opposed to Hot Toys just doing a Power Pose version of the Battle Damage 85. Right now, I’m more prioritizing getting the look right in terms of spot-on battle damage detail and incorporating all the correct lighting from the gauntlet through the arm in through chest and arc reactor. Have it powered through USB on the base. Honestly, I’d probably 99% of the time have him in the snap pose so I don’t have to have to articulate it or even to have the helmet and/or weapons. It would essentially be a statue but would fit in with the rest of our 1:6 Iron Man display.
the standard for a 1/6 statue would be a lot higher for me at $500. I dont plan on the snapping pose for this figure but I'll try it and see how it looks. I dont have the battle damaged thanos so i dont need this for the snapping pose. I just dont like the clean iron man armor looks except for the mark 50.

View attachment 539332
And that holo shield is as flimsy and cheap as the plastic trays the figures come in. Probably made out of recycled Starbucks cups.

Hmmm...I keep hearing trusted YouTubers like Man of Hot stating that this will be coming “any time now”. I took the first mention with a grain of salt. However, others keep stating it as well. I thought there was gonna be a re-tooling primarily on the Battle Damage and particularly the shoulders. Shouldn’t that have pushed it back considerably? So either they fixed it extremely fast from the model shown at China Joy this past July or that will be the one shipping.

Related note: I was looking over my Mark VII Battle Damage and it all looked rather soft. While it doesn’t bother me because I display a cleaner Mark VII, I wouldn’t be able to let that type of Battle Damage slide on the 85.

Back