1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could find the photo again but I saw an image of them setting up the Hot Toys booth with boxes all over the place. Previously-released figures were being pulled from retail packaging and - for what it's worth - there was a generic non-retail box labeled "Mark 85 Battle-Damaged". I still think it was intended to be the finished product - I guess the question is when did Hot Toys conclude it wasn't good enough: on their own before we had seen it, or only after?

Crushed aluminum foil edition:

klknU1Z.jpg
8tndMo4.jpg

sFoP5oq.jpg

Wow, thanks for this.

If this is what we get it'll be the similar let down that we got on the 1/4 Mk 42 from proto to release.

This looks bad.

I still think HT needs to put another led under the chest armor to highlight the cracks beside the arc reactor. This bare bones **** for $400-500 figure is getting old and if the battle damage has changed to what's been seen recently I'll be canceling altogether.
maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah LED throughout the arm and then into the chest should be included but it's Hot Toys and that's not what we're gonna get. It's also funny how the BD on this 1/10 from Iron Studio looks better than what Hot Toys just showed.

Iron-Studios-Avengers-Endgame-I-Am-Iron-Man-BDS-Statue.jpg

Actually to make it perfect they would need to add new led(purple) under the chest armor and made the nano gauntlet to be a no joint arm with led (like lightsaber hands).
I still think HT needs to put another led under the chest armor to highlight the cracks beside the arc reactor. This bare bones **** for $400-500 figure is getting old and if the battle damage has changed to what's been seen recently I'll be canceling altogether.View attachment 533318

I think this is a bad machine translation via Google Translate.

Let me take a crack at translating it from the original source.

The sample "Avengers: Endgame" Iron Man Mark 85 (Battle Damaged Version) 1:6 scale diecast collector figure shown in China Joy was totally going to be what we ship to you. You already pay over $400 for these things. We figured, why not try to squeeze a little more money from you with a cheapened final product. The company and the brand really, totally, fully apologize for not just showing the prototype again like we should have so you wouldn’t know till it was too late.

I hope you will be patient and look forward to the announcement of the shipping version’s delay because now we have to go back and rework some panels on the production line for you ungrateful people.

Disclaimer: This is a joke. Please don’t take this as the actual announcement. Though like others, I do suspect that might be what happened. Ask your doctor if your anger lasts longer than 4 hours.
I think your translation is 100% spot on! :lol

Actually to make it perfect they would need to add new led(purple) under the chest armor and made the nano gauntlet to be a no joint arm with led (like lightsaber hands).
That would be ideal. Like the non-jointed arm IW Thanos had. The battle damage on the diecast releases are pitiful. The original plastic releases had so many options and even completely separate interchangeable limbs.
unnamed.jpg

Well Justin basically confirmed on a livestream that this will be delayed due to how poorly received whatever that displayed figure was. I'm can only assume it was the potential finished product and that HT didn't want another similar MK85 problem. I bet this doesn't ship until next year.

Lol yep, we were right then.

spongebob.jpg

HT: tHiS iS nOt tHe FiNaL pRoDuCt!

Oh man, what a mistake preordering this in 2019....could have held onto that money and used it for something else.

Hot Toys need to calm down on releases and actually take the time to do it right. Greed is taking over...

It's been two years though. I don't think rushing their releases is the problem.
Who's to say they have been working on this release for that length of time? The obvious problem is the amount of releases they announce and the time they are spreading among them. By the looks of this one not much of it was spent on this.

So I just finished paying for this thing and its not going to be in my hands until NEXT YEAR? How do they not follow the prototype and get this done to specs? I thought that was the job of the people supervising the factories by looking at PRE-production samples?

It's been two years though. I don't think rushing their releases is the problem.
I think the rushing problem is more on the prototype side. The production side is a different problem. Hot Toys can crank out protos with no problem, but I think they do that and hope the production side will be 'close enough' to appease buyers. Check out some 3d modeling videos on youtube and you will see what I mean. its one thing to design on a computer program but even after initial printing there is quite a bit of detailing work that needs to be done, and if you imagine this on a scale of 100,000 times+, the 2 year wait seems understandable.

It doesnt help that hot toys sometimes shows us pieces that licensors havent even approved and i have No idea what that costs in time but I'm sure they dont start production until they have the OK.

My diecast Mark 7 arrived yesterday and it is just a work of art - beautiful.
I can't decide how to pose him because he just has so much versatility, I think my favourite thing (though its a tough call as there is so much to love) is the Tony Sculpt inside the helmet with the magnetic face cover folded back, cool idea and its sort of a "best of both worlds" look.
Thanks everyone who recommended it, I feel so much better for having it rather than keeping my pre-order for this dubious BD Mark 85.
I still hope this comes out better than we have seen recently, not only for everyone who has kept their order, but also because this figure represents such an iconic moment and it would be a shame for the execution to be lackluster.

Back