1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this definitely diecast? Doesn't hold with the Robocop pattern where Hot Toys went diecast with the standard figure then back to plastic when they did Battle Damage Robocop

Is it true that hot toys removed this from display, because of backlash from fans?
Not sure about this. But China's hot toys distributor posted on weibo (Chinese social media platform) to clarify that the figure shown is not the final product. Google translation below:

========
Regarding the "Avengers 4: Endgame" Iron Man Mark85 (Battle Damaged Version) 1:6 scale alloy collection figure sample exhibited at China Joy, the following announcement is issued.

The "Avengers 4: Endgame" Iron Man Mark85 (War-damaged version) 1:6 ratio alloy collector figure sample of "Avengers 4: Endgame" shown in China Joy this time is not the shipping version. The company and the brand really apologize for causing the audience and fans to suspect that its appearance is different from the version displayed during the scheduled period.

I hope you will be patient and look forward to the announcement of the shipping version.

I mean if it’s not the shipping version then what is it and why does it exist? I think it at least has to be an indication of where the final product is headed.

Well, that's another, what? One more year delay for the BD version? Hahahahaha!

Well, that's another, what? One more year delay for the BD version? Hahahahaha!
It's better for hot toys to delay it, and make it as good as they possibly can, rather than rush to finish it and release a sub par figure.......:)

It's better for hot toys to delay it, and make it as good as they possibly can, rather than rush to finish it and release a sub par figure.......:)
I was thinking the same thing. Even though it’ll suck to see it delayed id prefer that if they actually fix what we’re seeing here with this tin foil variant

Last edited:
Not sure about this. But China's hot toys distributor posted on weibo (Chinese social media platform) to clarify that the figure shown is not the final product. Google translation below:

========
Regarding the "Avengers 4: Endgame" Iron Man Mark85 (Battle Damaged Version) 1:6 scale alloy collection figure sample exhibited at China Joy, the following announcement is issued.

The "Avengers 4: Endgame" Iron Man Mark85 (War-damaged version) 1:6 ratio alloy collector figure sample of "Avengers 4: Endgame" shown in China Joy this time is not the shipping version. The company and the brand really apologize for causing the audience and fans to suspect that its appearance is different from the version displayed during the scheduled period.

I hope you will be patient and look forward to the announcement of the shipping version.
If that's true then that's really interesting. Seems they really listen to their Asian customers.

But in the end better for us all if they improve the BD.

Hmm, not surprisingly, I echo everyone else's sentiment about the softened battle damaged details. That is indeed the entire selling point of this figure. The fact that HT made it look like crumpled tin foil for the production run is def a headscratcher. It's like they learned nothing from the Mk. 85 Tony Stank headsculpt debacle. That being said, at least the BD headsculpt still seems to be the same as the proto images.

I will hang onto my preorder for the time being since it's too early to tell at the moment. HT displayed Upgraded Suit Spidey with the ugly, separate webshooter piece, but in the final product that wasn't the case.

Anyways I see people are saying that HT removed the BD Mk. 85 from display. Is that true or just a rumor? And was that done so in regards to negative feedback it was receiving due to the softened details?
But...did they change the brown shipper box, gmoney? :)

Lol this is probably the most important question honestly and I'm glad you brought it up! :lol

"Oops we displayed the final product... a different, much crappier prototype, yes. There are totally legitimate reasons why such a thing would exist" *furiously shoving pallet of shippers behind curtain*
If the BD 85 doesn't release in 2021 then we'll know this was the legit reason then.

Last edited:
At least the headsculpt looks pretty good. Maybe they’ll ship that version and have a Body Replacement Program. Essentially it’ll be the reverse replacement of the non-BD version of Mark 85.

"Oops we displayed the final product... a different, much crappier prototype, yes. There are totally legitimate reasons why such a thing would exist" *furiously shoving pallet of shippers behind curtain*
Hot Toys getting hit with that Mark 85 headsculpt PTSD.

200.gif

"QUICK JUST TELL THEM THAT IT'S NOT THE FINAL PRODUCT!"

JollyAdvancedAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gif

I thought it funny was how everyone panicked like they do with almost every picture shown of every figure.

Did you think it was funny when HT pulled the figure from display? This was not a routine case of lense distortion. That figure looked nothing like the prototype and the change was not for the better.

I think HT pulling it from the display is a good sign that the figure wasn't meant to be seen and was not the final product. Didn't HT come out and specifically announce that? Sounds like a basic foul up by HT. I'm not sure it was due to "backlash"

Anyway, I'm rebooting my HT coverage. Check out the new episode which covers this topic among other figures.
Hot Toys Podcast May-July 2021

Back