Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that may have to do more with Marvel having crappy film villains in general - Thor 2 bad guy (forgot his name lol), Whiplash, Ronan, Mandarin.

Lest we forget the late Baron Von Strucker. :lol Guy surrendered, had a calm conversation and got murdered off screen. :lol

So I watched this for a second time today, in the theater, and I have to say, I really enjoy this movie and might actually like it overall from start to finish more than the first Avengers. I feel like, comparing the two, Avengers feels almost more like a giant highlight reel where AOU feels more like a full film. I actually like that the events of AOU unfold more naturally.

I watched this in IMAX 3D with my kids today. Very fun and exciting movie. None of my concerns about this film were realized. I really enjoyed it. And it was also my first time seeing the new Force Awakens trailer, it made me misty eyed (in a good way, very good way.)

In regards to both Quicksilvers...

Spoiler Spoiler:

So is anyone else confused and bothered by how Thor ducks out of the opening battle to head back for the quinjet and makes Cap go after Loki's scepter, why wouldn't he keep fighting and go after.

I feel like, comparing the two, Avengers feels almost more like a giant highlight reel where AOU feels more like a full film. I actually like that the events of AOU unfold more naturally.

I think they are both basically highlight reels. But AOU doesn't have to spend time actually putting the team together, establishing who gets along with who and how. It jumps right into action, and knows that is really all the movie is about. It's a giant action scene that manages to flow with it's storytelling in a way that's clear enough to function but keep you constantly entertained. Great balance overall, just some small hiccups along the way.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Agreed

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think Joss Whedon has said publicly that he does not consider Agents of SHIELD part of the MCU and they should have left Coulson dead :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Saw it at midnight. I enjoyed it. On par with, if not a bit better than the first.

Highlights:

- Hawkeye was the heart of the film. The depth and awareness the character had here was excellent and made up for him being wasted in the first film.
- The Vision was beautifully designed. His creation scene stole the show for me.
- I loved Scarlett Witch. Both her role in the narrative, and because she was pretty darn cute. :naughty
- Ultron was a hundred times more menacing and interesting than silly little Loki.
- The pacing of this film was an improvement on the first.

Gripes:

- Some muddled and distracting yellowish color grading at times.
- The score was largely forgettable.
- The romance felt forced and didn't sell for me.
- Some silly dialogue and flat jokes. Nothing too terrible.

8/10 seems fair.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I saw it last night and I thought it was pretty solid but it lacked some of the charm of the first one. I did feel like half of the humor fell flat and was a bit too silly. Don Cheadle trying to tell his story and IM and Thor arguing over there gf's come to mind. I didn't have the genuine laughs like I did from the first film. This film felt very much like the middle of a trilogy so I think it does have that kind of working against it only slightly. I was happy to see Hawkeye get attention, and I like what they did with the Hulk (awesome reference about Hulk not being Banner's biggest fan).

I did enjoy
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

The entire third act is about saving civilians at the expense of their own deaths if need be. One of the heroes dies saving a kid. I think they covered their ass quite well when Quicksilver is more heroic than Superman.

The entire third act is about saving civilians at the expense of their own deaths if need be. One of the heroes dies saving a kid. I think they covered their ass quite well when Quicksilver is more heroic than Superman.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Back