Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember back in November when, much to Joss Whedon’s chagrin, Heimdall actor Idris Elba let it slip that he had shot a scene for Avengers: Age of Ultron with Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston? If you see the movie this weekend, you might notice that Hiddleston’s Loki is conspicuously absent from said scene, and MTV talked to the writer/director about what happened to this lost cameo.

“Tom is not in the movie… Idris misspoke… twice,” Whedon laughs.“We did shoot something and it didn’t play. The movie has so much, is so filled and we didn’t want it to feel overstuffed. I really wanted to have Loki in it but I understood the decision, ‘Now there are too many voices in the chorus.’ At some point the embarrassment of riches is actually embarrassing.”

Hopefully this moment with everyone’s favorite trickster god will make its way to the deleted scenes of the Avengers: Age of UltronBlu-ray, or perhaps even be reconstituted into the body of Thor: Ragnarok, the same way the excised scene of Bruce Banner attempting suicide in The Incredible Hulk was integrated into the dialogue of the first Avengers.

In related news, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige clarified which Infinity Stones we have yet to see in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
“Time and Soul are the two that are not accounted for,” he tells CraveOnline.Where do you think these two will pop up in the MCU before Avengers: Infinity War? Let us know in the comments below!

Khev liked this, all is good in the world.

I did, I really did. I kinda wish I hadn't seen Ex Machina just a few days before because the impact of that one still hasn't left me but AoU was just thoroughly entertaining throughout (though I wonder if the "Safe House" scene will be a bit of a chore to sit through on repeat viewings.) Whedon definitely didn't repeat what I considered to be his missteps of the first Avengers. I felt like Winter Soldier Cap reported for duty in this one which was a huge plus.

Have you seen it yet jye?

Twist? you mean 'deus ex machina' :lol I kinda liked that but it was way too convenient

Well that's the thing.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I did, it sucked.

image.jpg

Well that's the thing.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Great analogy :rotfl

Remember back in November when, much to Joss Whedon’s chagrin, Heimdall actor Idris Elba let it slip that he had shot a scene for Avengers: Age of Ultron with Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston? If you see the movie this weekend, you might notice that Hiddleston’s Loki is conspicuously absent from said scene, and MTV talked to the writer/director about what happened to this lost cameo.

“Tom is not in the movie… Idris misspoke… twice,” Whedon laughs.“We did shoot something and it didn’t play. The movie has so much, is so filled and we didn’t want it to feel overstuffed. I really wanted to have Loki in it but I understood the decision, ‘Now there are too many voices in the chorus.’ At some point the embarrassment of riches is actually embarrassing.”

Hopefully this moment with everyone’s favorite trickster god will make its way to the deleted scenes of the Avengers: Age of UltronBlu-ray, or perhaps even be reconstituted into the body of Thor: Ragnarok, the same way the excised scene of Bruce Banner attempting suicide in The Incredible Hulk was integrated into the dialogue of the first Avengers.

In related news, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige clarified which Infinity Stones we have yet to see in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
“Time and Soul are the two that are not accounted for,” he tells CraveOnline.Where do you think these two will pop up in the MCU before Avengers: Infinity War? Let us know in the comments below!
they need to stop with this inserting cameos of other characters in the movie it a distraction. And Thanos and his infinity stones it's a very poorly constructed over arching subplot that they are carrying from movie to movie with only hints and no really development as if in infinity war part 1 Thanos will so up and suddenly he will be the bad ass we know him to be without any introductions

Saw it last night and was thoroughly entertained. These films all become chapters in a much larger story for me and becomes harder to look at them individually. Once again Whedon managed to balance everyone out.
I was concerned about Ultron's characterization but I think it was a great "Anti-Stark" which is why he and Spader did so well together.

Went back and found your reactions jye, I'd say you and I had a pretty similar take on it.

Look, this movie had the potential to be Spider-Man 3 level of disaster, I went in fearing that and I'm just ecstatic that JW was able to keep it all together and make it all work.

I don't know that I was allowing for it to be SM3 bad, but I *did* fear that it might be much ado about nothing (Whedon pun!) and was thrilled with how entertaining it turned out to be. Now for whatever reason I don't care to dissect it or defend it or to make some big list of pros and cons or whatever. I just really liked it. I thought everyone was cool. A lot of the action had me smiling like a kid, and my actual kids thought it was great. "Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep," stayed with my 5 year old for hours.

I do admit that I chuckled a bit every time a hero actually saved someone, since, well, apparently that's not a given for heroes to do anymore. Not naming names or anything. :lol It's funny I figured Cap would get relegated back to "B team" status or whatever with Whedon back at the helm but if anything I think Joss might have made him a bit *over* powered. I mean hell, he really held his own against Ultron by himself for quite an extended period of time. But hey, I'll take it. :lol

Btw, BvsS trailer had a very cold reaction, unlike SW which had people going nuts for it.

People applauded when the Lucasfilm logo appeared and then went nuts after Han and Chewie. Couldn't gauge the reaction to BvS but I know *I* thought it looked pretty sweet.

I'm kind of surprised that Whedon cut off Cap's last line. I feel like if he had been allowed to finish his sentence it would have brought the house down but instead Joss settled for an

05d.jpg

laugh from the audience (from those who actually knew what the line was going to be anyway.)

I'm kind of surprised that Whedon cut off Cap's last line. I feel like if he had been allowed to finish his sentence it would have brought the house down but instead Joss settled for an

05d.jpg

laugh from the audience (from those who actually knew what the line was going to be anyway.)
Oh yeah! That bugged me.

Did they show the scene where Capt America kicks a door open? I remember it was in the first trailer, but I can't remember if it was in the film. I know that the original cut of the film is over 3 hours, so there's at least an hour of footage that they didn't use in this film.

Actually, now that I look at the first teaser, there a are lot of scenes that I can't remember seeing in the film.

I hope there's a director's cut. :pray:

Did they show the scene where Capt America kicks a door open? I remember it was in the first trailer, but I can't remember if it was in the film. I know that the original cut of the film is over 3 hours, so there's at least an hour of footage that they didn't use in this film.

Actually, now that I look at the first teaser, there a lot od scenes that I can't remember seeing in the film.

I hope there's a director's cut. [emoji14]ray:

Nope that scene wasn't shown

In addition to some missing scenes and lines from trailers ("I'm sick and tired of people paying for our mistakes" comes to mind), I was a tad disappointed the film wasn't nearly as dark as trailers suggested. Sure the twins gave them hell but I didn't feel like the Avengers were pushed to the limit. I thought Ultron would have them down and out.

I think A LOT of stuff got cut. All in all, I loved it. My only complaint was how Ultron was portrayed. Don't get me wrong, Spader was excellent but I just never feared Ultron in that movie. Defeating a villain, to me, is based on how intimidating and scary(for lack of a better term) the enemy is. I just didn't feel that with Ultron...more of an intellectual foe than anything. Still, only Joss could pull off a movie of this caliber with this many characters and still have it be enjoyable and well done. Loved Hawkeye in this one! oh, and i actually liked that joss cut off cap in the end...it seemed fitting...esp if you know what he's going to say...

In addition to some missing scenes and lines from trailers ("I'm sick and tired of people paying for our mistakes" comes to mind), I was a tad disappointed the film wasn't nearly as dark as trailers suggested. Sure the twins gave them hell but I didn't feel like the Avengers were pushed to the limit. I thought Ultron would have them down and out.

I think A LOT of stuff got cut. All in all, I loved it. My only complaint was how Ultron was portrayed. Don't get me wrong, Spader was excellent but I just never feared Ultron in that movie. Defeating a villain, to me, is based on how intimidating and scary(for lack of a better term) the enemy is. I just didn't feel that with Ultron...more of an intellectual foe than anything...

I liked Ultron and his personality, but I agree.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back