Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have a point, you do need to have prior knowledge that

Spoiler Spoiler:
:lol

Right, is that what you're referring to?
Yup, it's exactly what I was referring to. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yup, it's exactly what I was referring to. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

I guess it's a good thing that everyone has watched GOTG then. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:
:exactly:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Actually I thought the scene was perfect.

Spoiler Spoiler:

but it was all good for me still.

im getting pretty worried for the next phase. THANK GOD Whedon is leaving. But I am still worried.
the action scenes in Winter soldier to me were nothing that great. yeah the stunts are cool but it feels pretty genetic by now.

I hope they make these movies more complex, if all they are going to focus on is the action then this might be when I get off this ride sadly. i was excited for the next movies but if Marvel is going to put less focus on the plot then what's the point. they need to make these as complex as the dark knight in terms of story

even robert downey jr agrees that Marvel movies are nowhere near as complex as the dark knight. Marvel needs to change that, anyone remember this from a few years ago?

“The Dark Knight. “My whole thing is that that I saw The Dark Knight.
I feel like I’m dumb because I feel like I don’t get how many things that are so smart.
It’s like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I’m like, ‘That’s not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.
’ I loved The Prestige but didn’t understand The Dark Knight.
Didn’t get it, still can’t tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy.
I’m like, ‘I get it. This is so high brow and so f--- smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.”

well dear robert downey jr..
avengers 2 is as dumb as it gets :clap

I'm not surprised how it seems most either hate or really like this film. Will go see it tomorrow. My expectations are never super high with super hero films, so I'm sure I will enjoy it as much as the others.

im getting pretty worried for the next phase. THANK GOD Whedon is leaving. But I am still worried.
the action scenes in Winter soldier to me were nothing that great. yeah the stunts are cool but it feels pretty genetic by now.

I hope they make these movies more complex, if all they are going to focus on is the action then this might be when I get off this ride sadly. i was excited for the next movies but if Marvel is going to put less focus on the plot then what's the point. they need to make these as complex as the dark knight in terms of story

even robert downey jr agrees that Marvel movies are nowhere near as complex as the dark knight. Marvel needs to change that, anyone remember this from a few years ago?

RDJ is a Marvel rah rah guy and who can blame him? He MAKES the Marvel films he's in EXCEPT AoU for various reasons. Marvel DOES need to realize the bazillion fast and crazy fight scenes and end of the world finales from the sky are getting OLD really fast and find new directions..they are going to become parodies of themselves!

What BS pandering from Downey. Dark Knight was a sloppy, arrogant mess that only garners the praise it does because of Ledger's performance. Everything else was dumb and ugly. It made me not want to find out what happens next, and I still haven't watched the third one.

Did Downey say that before he made IM3, which was supposed to be his own "smart" Batman movie?

And what kind of pinky out, tea-sipping, self-important goon wants high-brow superhero movies anyway? :lol

Just back, quick bullets.

I liked it more than the first. Better pacing. More story unfolds as the action does.

Ultron is better than people are making him out. He's not sadistic evil though. Like if Stark had the power he does now when he was an angry 14 year old.

Vision steals the movie. Awesome character I didn't care about, really at all, going in. Best thing in the movie.

Stark isn't as unlikable as people made out either, just unapologetic. He should be at this point after IM3.

Some cool action, but a little spotty CGI in the opening attack. Hulk spitting out a tooth was one of the bigger lol moments.

Does anyone else think Hulk is with Namor in Atlantis at the end? Fury mentioned he splashed down in the ocean but couldn't pinpoint where.

7/10

For me :

Iron Man
Guardians
Winter Soldier
Age of Ultron

Tony Stark would get and like TDK.

Yeah, I'm sort of glad Whedon is leaving but he had some strong visuals in AoU. A lot of the stuff was straight out of a comic book which was amazing to me.

He improved his game but not enough that I'll miss him. A lot of what felt like lighter lol moments definitely didn't land.

The only real lol moments in the theater I was in, was Hulk's tooth, Vision lifting the hammer, and Stark's line about "hide the zucchini".

Returned from my second viewing still a 7 / 10. While some dislikes muted a bit most still exist without much change. I'll see it again with the kids but I am pretty solid on my thoughts on the film. I like it, it is enjoyable but it doesn't take the franchise to the next level like (ESB, ToD etc) IMO. It did confirm Cap is my favorite Avenger bar none.....Civil War, I am team Cap......

While QS in DOFP was the better representation of his abilities and had a cooler scene, QS in AOU had the bigger emotional impact for me.

Rescuing Magneto pales in comparison to QS story arc in AOU.

QS rescuing kids > QS rescuing villain Magneto.

I think QS rescuing civilians in the path of a runaway train was better than QS helping magneto escape

Returned from my second viewing still a 7 / 10. While some dislikes muted a bit most still exist without much change. I'll see it again with the kids but I am pretty solid on my thoughts on the film. I like it, it is enjoyable but it doesn't take the franchise to the next level like (ESB, ToD etc) IMO. It did confirm Cap is my favorite Avenger bar none.....Civil War, I am team Cap......

Yeah, with just his shield (or sometimes without) they made him a damned good fighter in this movie.

Yea, I liked this QS more. He had actual development and an arc, not just a neat cgi scene. His sacrifice certainly made an impact. The way the kid looked at his corpse was pretty powerful.

That train, now that I remember, was also my biggest gripe. It made it way too far off the tracks imo. That thing never needed rails to begin with. :lol

Good luck, I have no interest in sitting through this one again. I saw the first one 2 days in a row I liked it so much.

Part 2 is just wrong on too many levels for me.

fingers crossed.. I am hoping that my kids being with me will increase my enjoyment.. Only problem is.. Hulk is their fav also :(

completely agree. second viewings of this for me will only show more problems, i think i will wait a little bit.
the biggest problem is that the "AWE" factor is gone, we already saw the Avengers get together and fight. Most of this movie feels like a rehash. And there are few cool parts to redeem it.

the best stuff is not even anything related to action scenes. The best stuff is more dialogue driven. It is kind of funny how if I ever rent this again i will probably fast forward to most of the action scenes. kind of ironic that so much money and time went into making those action scenes and Im just more interested in seeing everything else

I agree.. Best stuff happened when the action didn't. Whole lot of action that met nothing to me. I hate comparing it to Transformers 4 but I was board silly with all the action on screen in that film. I found the action boring in this one also. :( I don't care how much action you throw on screen. If it's not memorable or exciting then it's got nothing for me... Make that a bunch of secondary Marvel characters and I would have went to sleep.

Back