Asmus Toys: Prologue Elven Warriors. Swordsman and Archer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got Elven Archer for $130 ($150 for Summer Carnival - $20 (discount code from cancelled extra preorder). Not bad! Glad I waited. I will be tempted to get another Swordsman during that week’s sale.
That's a great price. These Elven Warriors are really incredible figures and Asmus blew them out of the park. I have two Swordsmen, I recommend picking one up if you can.

I'd love to get an Archer myself, but I'm holding out hope that Asmus is going to make Galadhrim Archers from Helm's Deep in the near figure. I only have display space for a few more LOTR figures, so I'd love to fill a hole with Haldir and two of his archers.

But if not for that, I'd definitely pick up that archer you got. Great figures. Hope you enjoy.

Just got Elven Archer for $130 ($150 for Summer Carnival - $20 (discount code from cancelled extra preorder). Not bad! Glad I waited. I will be tempted to get another Swordsman during that week’s sale.
Cool thanks for posting - been fence sitting on the pair (and still haven't gotten Gandalf yet from SSC) but grabbed the Archer from the Carnival. Folks seem to be getting figures faster from ASMUS than SSC anyway.

Gonna put him with a Thranduil, timelines may not match but luv a Thranduil with some company. I'd like the Sword elf but gotta pay those bills!:eek:

Cool thanks for posting - been fence sitting on the pair (and still haven't gotten Gandalf yet from SSC) but grabbed the Archer from the Carnival. Folks seem to be getting figures faster from ASMUS than SSC anyway.

Gonna put him with a Thranduil, timelines may not match but luv a Thranduil with some company. I'd like the Sword elf but gotta pay those bills!:eek:
The Elven Warrior will be the next one on sale ;)
0EDE2587-C3A9-40B7-81A3-9E16A07566E4.png

That's a great price. These Elven Warriors are really incredible figures and Asmus blew them out of the park. I have two Swordsmen, I recommend picking one up if you can.

I'd love to get an Archer myself, but I'm holding out hope that Asmus is going to make Galadhrim Archers from Helm's Deep in the near figure. I only have display space for a few more LOTR figures, so I'd love to fill a hole with Haldir and two of his archers.

But if not for that, I'd definitely pick up that archer you got. Great figures. Hope you enjoy.
Thanks I have one Elven Warrior already and the Elven Archer just shipped today. I was thinking about picking up a second Warrior next week, it’s very tempting at this price point.

Guys, had anyone checked, what do these headsculpts have under the fabric? Like, do they have ears at all?
I`m looking to customize the Archer as my Thranduil...

Guys, had anyone checked, what do these headsculpts have under the fabric? Like, do they have ears at all?
I`m looking to customize the Archer as my Thranduil...
As I know in our design the chainmail is covering whole top of head and can't remove it. Thank you for your inquiry.

Thank you for your reply. But still if I do remove it (cut open), what is inside? Any ears?

Thank you for your reply. But still if I do remove it (cut open), what is inside? Any ears?
If it's like the *newer* armor Thranduil I have - the version that was some sort of mix up that has the same face as the archer soldier - it's a 2-part head, so the front part has ears. But I don't know if - from the sound of it - u can get the chain mail off.

Anyway just picked up the sword warrior from the Carnival and the archer has shipped. Impressive service and many thanks to ASMUS for making these figures part of the Carnival. I just got another delay notice from SSC for Gandalf - I might as well have ordered directly from ASMUS at this point omg.

But far worst issues in the world than figure delays. The elven warriors can stand with Thranduil - Thranduil was at the Battle of the Last Alliance - in theory being a prince until his father fell, he would have had different armor probably, but whatever. All the violet and gold and red of the elven costumes I think will look spectacular.

Thank you) But my qustion was for folks, who owns The Archer and maybe took a pick under the chainmail)

Alas, you can`t order Gandalf from Asmus, he is sold out((

Thank you) But my qustion was for folks, who owns The Archer and maybe took a pick under the chainmail)

Alas, you can`t order Gandalf from Asmus, he is sold out((
Well hopefully SSC will get their allotment. Eventually:monkey2

I didn’t see any ears when moving the chainmail coif back just to check. This was on the Warrior/Swordsmen but I am sure it’s the same on the Archer too.

I didn’t see any ears when moving the chainmail coif back just to check. This was on the Warrior/Swordsmen but I am sure it’s the same on the Archer too.
Thank you))
So, no ears... Life gets more interesting, then

I don't have an archer but I do have two Swordsmen and no ears. Probably made it easier to design the helmet to just slide over the head that way.

Just got my Elven archer and can confirm no ears same as the Swordsman.

Can yours hold the shield well? Mine seems to be that the arms are a little loose that when I put the shield on, the arm can’t handle the weight.

I had the same problem but it wasn’t the arm. I gave him a spare hot toys wrist peg (which had to be forced into the arm a bit) and now he can hold up the shield. These elves have to be the loosest cheapest bodies but they do look nice!

I had the same problem but it wasn’t the arm. I gave him a spare hot toys wrist peg (which had to be forced into the arm a bit) and now he can hold up the shield. These elves have to be the loosest cheapest bodies but they do look nice!
Will be happy to get them; thanks to the Carnival picked up the Archer, Swordsman, AND Galadriel.

If Elrond goes up, I'll get him too.:monkey3

I'll try that, Noticed that the arms flaps around and such. I was thinking of getting the swordsman but I was thinking I am probably gonna have the same problem.

Went back and forth over the swordsman after I got the archer…. But with this weeks discount I caved and got the swordsman- I do like the archer enough to want an Elrond flank
I'll try that, Noticed that the arms flaps around and such. I was thinking of getting the swordsman but I was thinking I am probably gonna have the same problem.

Wow, you guys are harsh not to say more, didn't know how good these guys are:LOL:. For the price, my new Archer is a seriously beautiful fig - face, costume, accessories - maybe just as well 'coz of the Carnival might have done some serious damage to the bank account. I never wanted to army build before.

AND some great service and packing from ASMUS (way to go!) easy efficient transaction. Kudos to ASMUS! This fig just GLEAMS in dim light.:love::love::love::love::love:

Heck, my only nit is the ankle pegs are kinda weak, but over all just a beautiful fig. Fine wiring in the draping, nice washes on the gold, excellent details. Can't wait for the other soldier to show up.

Just a quick pic with Thrandy, 'coz hey, he was at the Last Alliance.....I think folks are gonna cry when Amazon finally releases its Middle Earth series - whether bad or good - by then these will be long gone.:eek:

Attachments

• ASMUS_archer1.jpg
    ASMUS_archer1.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 61
Back