Asmus Toys: Prologue Elven Warriors. Swordsman and Archer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The purple fabric does not look like rain jacket material in hand.
It's much more delicate, not plastic-y at all.

How much gold is in the fabric? I remember Asmus saying their bluish material has more gold than the Weta statue.

After the disappointing Crown Gandalf, Asmus redeemed themselves with this figure. One of my favorite designs from the films perfectly realized in 1/6th. I need to order the Swordsman now.

Elven Warrior.jpgElven Warrior CU.jpg

Man, these things are just so regal. I absolutely loved my two swordsman that I got. They have such an incredible presence to them and I'm really glad Asmus made them.

Fingers crossed they do the Galadhrim archers soon...passed on the Last Alliance archers in favor of them to display with hopefully Haldir. Come on Asmus, don't let me down!.

Looking great! Out of curiosity, if the archer comes with two bows, does the swordsman come with the smaller bow too?

Also, I hope they make Gil-galad, too. I love his shield!

Looking great! Out of curiosity, if the archer comes with two bows, does the swordsman come with the smaller bow too?

Also, I hope they make Gil-galad, too. I love his shield!

The answer is NO - he comes with a blade and a spear.
The archer comes with two bows only due to the fact they originally made the wrong one (the smaller one), for the character, and then corrected their mistake.
They then included both when they shipped it out, (lucky us).

The answer is NO - he comes with a blade and a spear.
The archer comes with two bows only due to the fact they originally made the wrong one (the smaller one), for the character, and then corrected their mistake.
They then included both when they shipped it out, (lucky us).

Cool, thanks for the info!

Gil Galad by Asmus would make me cry...

And I would have to buy like 4 of them out of obsession..lol

Just think of the set up! The Last High King of the Noldor and Leader of the Last Alliance....The Warrior and archer elves in the back ground and Elrond standing beside him...

Woohoo!

Please...asmus?

Please??

Please!?!? Lol

Got my Elven Warrior yesterday and wanted to share some pics. I noticed some people when they use the helmet the chainmail coif is too visible. I fixed it by moving the chainmail a little over the forehead and it results in more accurate appearance to the film. ECBA849E-D535-4472-A2F6-857A819E2AAA.jpgECBA849E-D535-4472-A2F6-857A819E2AAA.jpgCEBE61A0-C874-45C7-971F-E6F40E8CEC29.jpegEC8D1C0D-A068-41EA-A7C4-7123EA49BB13.jpeg839DD628-CB4A-4092-B163-FF00162803FF.jpg839DD628-CB4A-4092-B163-FF00162803FF.jpg20D774A8-BD08-40E1-9693-CEE6B0F50939.jpeg

Couple additional thoughts:

It is an amazing set. Lots of details and the face looks great for being a no name character.

Never noticed the green elements on the scabbard.

The helmet is asymmetrical, may need to straighten using some hot water or heat. Out of the package one cheek guard was almost completely squished in.

In addition to moving the chainmail coif away from the forehead, you will also need to push the helmet down, far enough so it looks accurate. I noticed in some collector pics or videos the helmet looks weird because it is seated too high on the head.

The die cast blade is very top heavy, since the other half of the sword is the plastic long hilt.

Great advise. I haven't taken either of the prologue elves out of their packaging just yet, as I need to revamp the display cabinet. Too many new LOTR figures arrived in just the last couple of months. (Crown GtG, Galadriel, Elven Archer, Elven Warrior and Gothmog!)

Wow finally set up Prologue Elven Warrior, still didn’t do the belt correctly but good enough for now. Can’t wait for the Elven archer next. Here are some pics, he is my favorite in my collection now. 97D3BCC2-C416-4EF7-83AC-12D3209B587A.jpeg39D244B6-91C7-4261-A3CD-79D9EA44EF3A.jpeg61CE1049-124E-4DA3-A4CF-55066589E74B.jpgE12336D5-16E8-4DBC-A559-F07BA28F7C01.jpg

Awesome pics DakRen.
Love the Elves!!!

and if u need help to get your pics right way up,if u crop them just a little,they should be right way up when posting them.

Awesome pics DakRen.
Love the Elves!!!

and if u need help to get your pics right way up,if u crop them just a little,they should be right way up when posting them.

Thanks Obi! It’s mostly from iPhone that pics show in wrong orientation. If I take pics through Google hangouts they are always fine. I could try cropping but I believe iPhone editor doesn’t actually change the picture so much as assign a value to it to make it appear it’s changed.

They don't need to be cropped...The image size is just too big for the forum format,
at almost 30" you just need to take smaller pics.
I scaled these down to 10" @ 100%
ggg.jpg

hhh.jpg

Back