Asmus Toys: Prologue Elven Warriors. Swordsman and Archer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I stop to think about it, it's absolutely bonkers how many figures Asmus has already made in this line and HOW MANY MORE THEY STILL COULD! Throw in a few more Hobbit characters and this train could easily keep rolling for ten more years. More?

When I stop to think about it, it's absolutely bonkers how many figures Asmus has already made in this line and HOW MANY MORE THEY STILL COULD! Throw in a few more Hobbit characters and this train could easily keep rolling for ten more years. More?
And after that easily can extend it to Second Age characters from the show. It’s gonna be a long ride, everyone get your shelves ready.

:exactly:I'm currently re-watching all the films (just finished the Hobbit films), and I 100% agree with this. Thranduil is an absolute must for me too (as I wasn't collecting the line when the first version came out)
IMO you can't beat Lee Pace casting for the quintessential haughty mysterious elven king. I think it's in the extended version of BOFA where he tells Bard to sell the Arkenstone "Thranduil: [to Bard] Keep the stone. Sell it. Ecthelion of Gondor will give you a good price for it."

Always cracks me up.:bunnydanc

IMO Peter Jackson nails his casting. I hope Amazon will do the same.:stick

^ I agree...he was a great casting - I think all the castings for both LOTR & the Hobbit were spot on. :rock

Thanks for sharing, DakRen. I've always thought the Prologue Elven Warrior was one of the best designs from the whole LOTR trilogy and never doubted for a second that I would get this figure - I knew that it would need some work to truly shine though. The shiny blue cape was completely inaccurate and the "belt" part was too long, and the armour definitely needed some weathering.

As soon as I got him, I got down to work. I applied some acrylic gold paint with a flat dry brush, with the shiny finish of the fabric helping with a smooth application. I mixed the gold paint with a bit of blue for the inner part of the cape. I applied some gold dry brush to the armour to highlight its details and also applied some dark washes, and I repainted the brown straps which had a really lazy finish. Finally, I cut the excess on the to pieces that form the belt. This is the result, let me know what you guys think. Definitely one of the most beautiful pieces in my collection.

View attachment 533063

View attachment 533064

View attachment 533065

Instagram: @scalegalaxy
Thanks for posting your customized figure, Cody501. You are correct that the blue cape color is inaccurate. Where did Asmus get that color choice from? The old 6" ToyBiz figure made the same mistake. I checked the LOTR Weapons & Warfare book, and it shows the cape was gold.
IMG_9235.jpg
IMG_9236.jpg
IMG_9237.jpg

Thanks for posting your customized figure, Cody501. You are correct that the blue cape color is inaccurate. Where did Asmus get that color choice from? The old 6" ToyBiz figure made the same mistake. I checked the LOTR Weapons & Warfare book, and it shows the cape was gold.
View attachment 536518View attachment 536519View attachment 536520
It seems like the cape is gold on the outside and has a blue interior colour.

This page has some good reference pictures of the outfits

This image is from the return of the king premier in wellington, NZ.

2ndParade_Syt.jpg

Last edited:
The guys are just so regal looking, and they command attention in a display. Asmus did an incredible job on these figures, some of their best work.

They really need to get Galadhrim Soldiers and Gondorian Soldiers into production. Blows my mind they haven't gotten them going already.

The guys are just so regal looking, and they command attention in a display. Asmus did an incredible job on these figures, some of their best work.

They really need to get Galadhrim Soldiers and Gondorian Soldiers into production. Blows my mind they haven't gotten them going already.
Could you imagine Thranduil on Throne with two Palace guards or two Mirkwood Infantry beside him in his armor? 🤩

Back